I make it 7 signings needed if we want the same threadbare squad from last season (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

..............................Murphy/Dunn

Clarke/Christie.......... Cameron / Wood................. Hussey / NS
...........................McPake (?) Willis

Bell/Baker ................ Deegan/ NS ...........................Sheff/NS
...........................Thomas/Bigi/ NS

................................Cody/NS
.................................NS/NS

However I think we need at least 9 signing to stay in the division, or challenge for promotion is they are good signings.

This may become 10 if McPake goes.

The 7 signings would just give us 23 players

9 would be 25 which would still be tight and we would need a good run injuries wise.
We could then blood new youngsters gradually instead of depending on them

By new signings I mean 4 season long loanees and 5/6 free transfers who are experienced good players at this level

Hope I have not missed anyone significant?

Last edited:

ccfcway

Willis will be a squad player, so replace him for McPake

We are likely to lose Wood as well, and apparently Sheff Wed are sniffing around him

Worringly, the player with the most physical presence had just gone, and its a tough league

dongonzalos

Willis will be a squad player, so replace him for McPake

We are likely to lose Wood as well, and apparently Sheff Wed are sniffing around him

Worringly, the player with the most physical presence had just gone, and its a tough league

Apologies I meant Willis when I wrote Clarke-Harris. McPake will need replacing even with Willis as we need 4 Centre Halves. I really hope Woods stays, if He does he will be an awesome presence, Just need him to stay fit.

The CableGuy

At some point, AT must consider his own position - if SISU aren't going to back him, for the 2nd season running, then.....why stay?

He made it clear he had enough of this BS last season, and I see no indication (yet) that things will improve for next season. What does it say when one of the club's senior players opts to go to Northampton because the owners can't offer him an extra year, yet, they have the funds tucked behind the sofa to buy the Arena?

Nonleagueherewecome

Totally agree and they need to be of good quality for this division. Can you imagine AT saying to TF

I need 10 new signings :eek:

And there's the nub of the matter. Essentially...we are totally screwed!

Nonleagueherewecome

I had to check that nub was a word, and it means what I thought. It does, and what's more, it's Lower-Middle-German in origin. Interesting, eh?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Totally agree and they need to be of good quality for this division. Can you imagine AT saying to TF

I need 10 new signings :eek:
Fisher would be like
laughing_meme_guy_by_vixenwolfie-d485kw0.png

Sky Blue Kid

Anyone remember Coleman saying "We're on the bones of our backside" Yet we had 15 more players then, than we finished last season with. Being truthful, I thought Coleman talked out of his(Backside) at the time....How times change:thinking about:

dongonzalos

At some point, AT must consider his own position - if SISU aren't going to back him, for the 2nd season running, then.....why stay?

He made it clear he had enough of this BS last season, and I see no indication (yet) that things will improve for next season. What does it say when one of the club's senior players opts to go to Northampton because the owners can't offer him an extra year, yet, they have the funds tucked behind the sofa to buy the Arena?

He has a job he has a family to support. As bosses they maybe saying to him you are doing a great job under the circumstances we are putting you under. Most of the footballing world are under the impression he is doing a good job under the circumstances.

For him really it is a no brainer if his professional image is not getting harmed and everyone is rightly blaming SISU. Then why quit when he has a secure job.

Unless he lines up a job paying the same with a more sensibly ran club first.

However before you jump on my back Duffy, he could be criticised, as in a way this is the easy option as nobody has any expectations of him.

Dont get me wrong I like him, I think he is a good spotter of talent and wants to play the game the right way. Personally I want him to stay.

However just looking at it from both ways.

Also him quitting what will it achieve. Someone else will just take it on under the same restrictions and may not be able to pick up as good freebies or loanees for us.

I think he would be crazy to quit

The CableGuy

He has a job he has a family to support. As bosses they maybe saying to him you are doing a great job under the circumstances we are putting you under. Most of the footballing world are under the impression he is doing a good job under the circumstances.

For him really it is a no brainer if his professional image is not getting harmed and everyone is rightly blaming SISU. Then why quit when he has a secure job.

Unless he lines up a job paying the same with a more sensibly ran club first.

However before you jump on my back Duffy, he could be criticised, as in a way this is the easy option as nobody has any expectations of him.

Dont get me wrong I like him, I think he is a good spotter of talent and wants to play the game the right way. Personally I want him to stay.

However just looking at it from both ways.

Also him quitting what will it achieve. Someone else will just take it on under the same restrictions and may not be able to pick up as good freebies or loanees for us.

I think he would be crazy to quit

I think he did a good job under the circumstances (you, at the back? Stop laughing!), but....it looks like he's gonna get screwed again by SISU. Given his comments at the end of last season, plus his health scare, I wonder if he'll be doing himself a favour by walking away. He's a decent scout so I'd fancy his chances of getting work elsewhere.

Astute

We have got rid of deadwood, sideways passers and 1 game per week players so far. If we sign as many that have left we will have a stronger squad unless we sign shite. The younger players will be better prepared than last season as they have a seasons experience behind them. They will be up against a lower class of player. AT is now more experienced.

We will not be world beaters, but we could be in for our best season in nearly 50 years. The teams around us don't have massive squads, and rely on younger players. I would say our younger players are easily amongst the best in the division if not the best.

Have SISU done their worse yet though? :thinking about:

Sky Blue Kid

I like what you've posted, but we all must remember that AT is responsible for either "Scouting" or "Bringing in" practically every 1st team player over the last 3/4 years. Yes!....A lot of them have been sold from under his feet, but in reality players that were left should have been good enough to keep Coventry up....but they weren't!...What does that say about his Managerial/Scouting skills?:eek:
Just like you, I really do like AT as a person, but no way is he a manager......Cue the bombardment.:whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

Just don't make it into another Thorn debate, puh-lease!

ccfcway

I would say our younger players are easily amongst the best in the division if not the best.

Have SISU done their worse yet though? :thinking about:

Well, its very possible that Jeffers could be starting next season

This is the chap that scored once in 22 games for Cheltenham ?

Hussey / Clarke / Christie / Cameron will be able to hold their own in this division

Question marks over Bigi and Thomas and as for the rest, well, who knows ?

Users who are viewing this thread