I like Andy Thorn, but... (1 Viewer)

luwalla

i like andy thorn , i like his passing style of football etc.. but at the end of the day , the club is bigger & more important than any player or manager..

Our survival is crucial, So here's a question.. do many people out there think that andy is getting the best out of the current playing squad.. and that our position is purely down to us having the lowest quality team in the league.. OR could a manager like Neil Warnock be getting more from them, and get us the results we need to stay up

as i say, i like andy thorn & if we were even mid table .. or even 5th from bottom.. id be appy for him to build something here. i know the team is what it is & i know his hands are tied.. and i dont really want to see another manager go.. but , as i also say, the clubs survival is THE most important thing .. i honestly dont see anything major happening in the transfer window, and i honestly dont see AT being able to do anything new in the last months of the season - in regards to his managerial style, and as such we would go down , no question.... and with that in mind, could a neil warnock type of manager - with his vast experience & his ability to get the best out of players, do what needs to be done to get the results.. or wouldnt it matter who was in charge now ??

Gaz

I think Warnock would get more out of our players than Thorn does, but I also think that Ferguson or mourinho would get more out of the team than Warnock would.

Point being that managers like that are simply out of our league and I fear that not many managers out there would want the job that are better than what we already have.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I was prepared to defend Thorn after the 2 wins but then he goes and makes stupid decisions against Southampton. Why, when McSheffrey has been so dominant upfront, does he pull him out on the left second half?! Then to come out and say we lack mental strength, when that's part of his job.... it beggars belief. He's shot himself in the foot too many times, and seems to pick out players for being slated. I don't dislike him, but he's got a nasty streak and has to go.

i like andy thorn , i like his passing style of football etc.. but at the end of the day , the club is bigger & more important than any player or manager..

Our survival is crucial, So here's a question.. do many people out there think that andy is getting the best out of the current playing squad.. and that our position is purely down to us having the lowest quality team in the league.. OR could a manager like Neil Warnock be getting more from them, and get us the results we need to stay up

as i say, i like andy thorn & if we were even mid table .. or even 5th from bottom.. id be appy for him to build something here. i know the team is what it is & i know his hands are tied.. and i dont really want to see another manager go.. but , as i also say, the clubs survival is THE most important thing .. i honestly dont see anything major happening in the transfer window, and i honestly dont see AT being able to do anything new in the last months of the season - in regards to his managerial style, and as such we would go down , no question.... and with that in mind, could a neil warnock type of manager - with his vast experience & his ability to get the best out of players, do what needs to be done to get the results.. or wouldnt it matter who was in charge now ??

By passing style you mean knocking the ball from side to side.

Grendel

Aye, said it before watching Thorn's team play is like marriage to my ex-wife.

Possession without penetration, wasn't much fun then either.

We are the only team who seem pleased to defend a one goal deficit

Gaz

Aye, said it before watching Thorn's team play is like marriage to my ex-wife.

Possession without penetration, wasn't much fun then either.

Bloody hell, you know it's bad when even your mrs won't have a go on ya.

Users who are viewing this thread