I just don't understand.... (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Bullshit better to bulldoze the Ricoh and build something else then lets see what our owners do and as for caring I care wouldn't sell it to them for the going rate charge them double and keep all the pie money. After all we can't survive without pastie money can we?

I agree none if them matter. They never mattered to Elliot and co before - paying bills was very low on their agenda.

The only thing that matters is we play in Coventry and the consequences for all other parties are ultimately irrelevant.

mark_ccfc

I can't help but bite, call me pro-SISU but...

Selling the players happens to all clubs. Even Arsenal were forced to sell van persie to one of their rivals. Demotion to league one was down to a poor choice of manager from the previous men running the club. Since then we have appointed Robins and Pressley who are in my view taking the club forward. The debt was built up again because of previous errors made by SISU which they have admitted. And in addressing that they felt they had to cut ties with the Ricoh due to the high rent and lack of income.

SISU didn't just sell players. They sold the whole team virtually wholesale. We were halfway through the season at the bottom of the championship and what was SISU's response? Sell our top scoring player! When they sold Jukebox it was the last straw for me - that s when I vowed I would never spend another penny on the club while SISU were in charge. It was clear from that moment on that the welfare of the club was way down their list of priorities.

SISU were sold a bad investment. If they had done their homework they wouldn't have come near the club. They were advised very poorly in its purchase.

No-one advised them anything, they are a business and make their own judgement. If they didn't do their homework it was their own fault.
No sympathy from this corner. Just gives further credence to my argument that they are grossly incompetent.

The best way that any club can move forward is to get the ground and the football club together. the club then has an asset. Currently it's only asset is its players.

I agree that it would be advantageous - but I strongly disagree it should be SISU in charge when it happens. Don't think I need to repeat why I think that.

There's no such thing as a quick buck in football.

That's true - but no-one told SISU that 5 years ago did they? I think they are still learning that one the hard way.

SISU have too much financial clout, and put too much money into this club to just simply walk away. Money not very well spent granted, but any business would want to explore every avenue to get back its investment.

I agree with you on this one. However they will only stick around while they think they can get a return on their money. If a new team was installed in the Ricoh, were given a sky blue kit and were nick-named 'the new skyblues' and the fans got behind them that would be good enough for me. SISU would be left stranded with no fan base no ground and nowhere to go. Perfect solution to me. "Oh but we would be non-league" I hear you say. That's where the current team are headed anyway.

Would the coventry rate payers prefer their "investment" to sit unused like a white elephant?

No - install a new team. Let's have a proper new beginning - more exciting because it's without SISU!

What do Roman Abromovic, John Henry, Abu Dhabi United Group and The glazer family know about football? They employ people around them to take care of the football club, and that's what Tim fisher and Steve Waggot are there for.

An a great job they have done so far! I repeat - get a new team and get shot of the lot of them! Actually the point I was making there is that Sepalla claimed to feel empathy with football fans when in he same breath saying she new nothing about football. I doubt she feels much for the fans at all, she doesn't come across as a caring person at all - quite the opposite.

Astute

Joy does care. The only problem is that she only cares about money. She doesn't understand about football. She doesn't care about what happens to our club as long as she gets the most money out of our club she can. She doesn't care that we play in Northampton as long as she gets the Ricoh. She is happy about the split in our fans as some are now backing her plans to get the Ricoh.

Spionkop

MarkCCFC, it may come to forming another club at the Ricoh yet. Christmas time & if nothing is resolved fans may have to seriously think about a reborn CCFC here in Coventry for next season. Claiming back our history and winning our way back. I'd prefer if we came back from Northampton but if they don't it is a slow death there.
Imagine a CCFC without Sisu, sounds wonderful to me.
The very idea of a new CCFC playing in Coventry, just the idea, would seriously put the wind up Sisu.
And before all the cynics jump in with the negative jibes, think Willie Stanley all those years ago.
As I say, I'd prefer us to move back from Northampton, but.......

mark_ccfc

I have touted it quite a bit on this thread but forming a new team doesn't seem a very popular idea with the fans. Looks like the perfect solution to me though.

covmark

MarkCCFC, it may come to forming another club at the Ricoh yet. Christmas time & if nothing is resolved fans may have to seriously think about a reborn CCFC here in Coventry for next season. Claiming back our history and winning our way back. I'd prefer if we came back from Northampton but if they don't it is a slow death there.
Imagine a CCFC without Sisu, sounds wonderful to me.
The very idea of a new CCFC playing in Coventry, just the idea, would seriously put the wind up Sisu.
And before all the cynics jump in with the negative jibes, think Willie Stanley all those years ago.
As I say, I'd prefer us to move back from Northampton, but.......
there's already enough Coventry based teams, support one of them

stupot07

There is no point unless ccfc ceases to exit or confirms they are moving permanently.

Setting another club up before either of these things happen will further divide the fan base, and the new club would have no history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Covstu

There is no point unless ccfc ceases to exit or confirms they are moving permanently.

Setting another club up before either of these things happen will further divide the fan base, and the new club would have no history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Agreed, if the club ceased to exist (or permanently no longer in cov) then I would say this would open the door to a new club being born. What would happen if you started a new club then for whatever reason SISU sell up and the new owner brings back to cov, who do you support then? It is all or nothing in my opinion and we arnt dead yet! (just in intensive care)

mds

Im neither a SISU fan nor a SISU hater, I am a Coventry City lover, these troubles barring the move to Northampton are not new, our club has a history of problems going back 10-15yrs.

SISU wernt around then, they wernt around when we started selling off our best players, something we, as a club, have had to do to survive over the years, we have sold many of our top players and up and coming youngsters because needs must. After Trevor Francis, who as the next most expensive player in british football, we sold a classic striker to Rangers for big money, late seventies early eighties and it continued right thru to the present, the list of players you could say we needed but were sold is endless.

They wernt here late eighties early nineties when the gates at HR were less than some of the gates we were having last season. 1st division v 3rd
They wernt here mid to late nineties, when we had our best squads in 20 yrs and played some of the best football many fans have witnessed us playing. They were the days!!!!
Richardson and his cronies were here then, and how we enjoyed the football, we were loving it, every other fan wore a fez everyone was smiling, everythng was rosy on the surface, its the shit that was happening behind the scenes, the crap that eventually led to relegation from the premier league, them times we are indirectly paying for now, all the mistakes, dodgy dealing, the folks running the club then i hold more responsible than SISU for the mess we are in now, SISU have screwed up came in clueless and continued to be clueless for years, they seem to have suddenly woken up and smelt the coffee and realised they have to do something now or they/we lose it all.

Back at the Ricoh, great, a new ground, great, this is my, our, Coventry City, another team at the Ricoh mascerading as Sky Blue whatever is not my team, Coventry City the team playing in Northampton is my team, the team ive devoted a lifetime to supporting, if they dont come back i have no team, i wll be upset, devastated even, but life goes on and there are more important things in life, but none can give you the emotional rollercoaster that Coventry City can, apart from being there when your first is born :)

Covstu

Im neither a SISU fan nor a SISU hater, I am a Coventry City lover, these troubles barring the move to Northampton are not new, our club has a history of problems going back 10-15yrs.

SISU wernt around then, they wernt around when we started selling off our best players, something we, as a club, have had to do to survive over the years, we have sold many of our top players and up and coming youngsters because needs must. After Trevor Francis, who as the next most expensive player in british football, we sold a classic striker to Rangers for big money, late seventies early eighties and it continued right thru to the present, the list of players you could say we needed but were sold is endless.

They wernt here late eighties early nineties when the gates at HR were less than some of the gates we were having last season. 1st division v 3rd
They wernt here mid to late nineties, when we had our best squads in 20 yrs and played some of the best football many fans have witnessed us playing. They were the days!!!!
Richardson and his cronies were here then, and how we enjoyed the football, we were loving it, every other fan wore a fez everyone was smiling, everythng was rosy on the surface, its the shit that was happening behind the scenes, the crap that eventually led to relegation from the premier league, them times we are indirectly paying for now, all the mistakes, dodgy dealing, the folks running the club then i hold more responsible than SISU for the mess we are in now, SISU have screwed up came in clueless and continued to be clueless for years, they seem to have suddenly woken up and smelt the coffee and realised they have to do something now or they/we lose it all.

Back at the Ricoh, great, a new ground, great, this is my, our, Coventry City, another team at the Ricoh mascerading as Sky Blue whatever is not my team, Coventry City the team playing in Northampton is my team, the team ive devoted a lifetime to supporting, if they dont come back i have no team, i wll be upset, devastated even, but life goes on and there are more important things in life, but none can give you the emotional rollercoaster that Coventry City can, apart from being there when your first is born :)

spot on matey!

fernandopartridge

Leicester were bust and they got a buyer, Southampton went bust and they got a buyer, as shy_tall_knight has written no clud our size has closed down, so forget that sisu were our saviour it is one of fishers fairy stories.

The minutes from administration story was lapped up by loads on here or the CT site.

fernandopartridge

Spot on.

mark_ccfc

spot on matey!
To me the team in Northampton are no longer ccfc. Managers come and go, players come and go. They have all gone now. The team is where the fans hearts are. I understand your feelings but while people still regard the team owned by SISU as CFC then they are letting their selves in for a whole load of hurt.

fernandopartridge

To me the team in Northampton are no longer ccfc. Managers come and go, players come and go. They have all gone now. The team is where the fans hearts are. I understand your feelings but while people still regard the team owned by SISU as CFC then they are letting their selves in for a whole load of hurt.

The team is still there. Full of Cov kids. The owners are an irrelevance. Nobody references John Poynton when talking about 87, do they?

Covstu

understand why you feel that way mate but the truth is that we are still alive and kicking albeit it not in Coventry at the moment. I have not given up hope just yet.

DazzleTommyDazzle

The team is still there. Full of Cov kids. The owners are an irrelevance. Nobody references John Poynton when talking about 87, do they?

In normal times I'd agree with your sentiments, but with the team in Northampton these times are anything but normal.

Perhaps owners are like referees - i.e. the good ones are the ones you don't notice.

On that basis............

mds

At the risk of upsetting and offending a few, i dont get how anyone can turn their back on their team regardless of owner or where we are temporarily playing, you cant just switch off from one team and be ready to support another like its nothing, if my job took me to Manchester or London im not going to suddenly switch allegiance because i am no longer in Coventry, seems you are letting your head rule your heart, the one place where your heart should be ruling your head is football.
Rain or shine, blood guts glory or none CCFC is CCFC.

wince

At the risk of upsetting and offending a few, i dont get how anyone can turn their back on their team regardless of owner or where we are temporarily playing, you cant just switch off from one team and be ready to support another like its nothing, if my job took me to Manchester or London im not going to suddenly switch allegiance because i am no longer in Coventry, seems you are letting your head rule your heart, the one place where your heart should be ruling your head is football.
Rain or shine, blood guts glory or none CCFC is CCFC.
Think the point is people want all cov teams to do well , but I would never go and watch cov basket ball team or even the ice hockey but would still want them to win , don't feel part of them though, sadly with ccfc in Northampton starting to feel the same

dongonzalos

i don't know what a dullard is ? sorry about that old bean .

I think it maybe someone who never really posts anything constructive, is quite a negative person and generally just posts a one liner dig at other people. They are a bit sad really.

So probably not you Thai

Lorksalordy

Think the point is people want all cov teams to do well , but I would never go and watch cov basket ball team or even the ice hockey but would still want them to win , don't feel part of them though, sadly with ccfc in Northampton starting to feel the same
Couldn't agree more with this. I find myself talking about "them" much more frequently than "us" these days. Notice it most in my son who does not have the same connection with the team that he got previously seeing them every week. He would be idolising Callum Wilson (as he did Gunnarsson, Westwood) if we were going every week but he barely knows who he is at the moment. Hopefully he will score a couple today and change that - just heading off to Stevenage now !

Users who are viewing this thread