I just dont get this "withholding rent" thing (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

how on earth have they now got away with this for a quarter of a year ?

surely ACL will look to ae legal action ?

ccfcway

exactly !

They now owe over 300k !

Was just on a rival site and someone posted this

"This bollox will just roll and roll, as I've said before, if everyone bowed down to the scum and sold them half the Arena, it would only be another year down the road before they held the club over the precipice again to get the other half. They are completely untrustworthy and will inevitably finish off CCFC, be it this summer or next. Its time for this slow death to end and send the club to corporate Dignitas !!!

Bring on AFC, the sooner it gets started the sooner we will be rid of these vermin and get moving in the right direction !! "

not sure he is too far off with that

Tonylinc

exactly !

They now owe over 300k !

Was just on a rival site and someone posted this

"This bollox will just roll and roll, as I've said before, if everyone bowed down to the scum and sold them half the Arena, it would only be another year down the road before they held the club over the precipice again to get the other half. They are completely untrustworthy and will inevitably finish off CCFC, be it this summer or next. Its time for this slow death to end and send the club to corporate Dignitas !!!

Bring on AFC, the sooner it gets started the sooner we will be rid of these vermin and get moving in the right direction !! "

not sure he is too far off with that

Totally agree. Not too sure what is in their heads but witholding rent certainly is not going to help their cause!

jacko63

they say 5200 have bought season tickets at about £300 per season ticket thats over one and half million so why not pay the rent

ccfcway

they say 5200 have bought season tickets at about £300 per season ticket thats over one and half million so why not pay the rent

despite getting rid of over 20 players and not replacing them, they are still losing 500k a month

:wave:

J

Jack Griffin

ACL haven't exactly got an alternative tenant. That is how they get away with it. They have no way of getting money from SISU, the club is a big pile of debt, any assets are owned by AVRO.

It is a tactic which shows SISU for what they are. People who will not honour their agreements or obligations if it suits them.

theprince

Just speculating : If SISU know their grip on CCFC is short lived could that be why they have stopped paying the rent. Hoping that any deal with new owners will include back rent or even ACL waver any monies owed for long term gain.

Just speculation but one lives in hope.

ccfcway

ACL haven't exactly got an alternative tenant. That is how they get away with it. They have no way of getting money from SISU, the club is a big pile of debt, any assets are owned by AVRO.<br />
<br />
It is a tactic which shows SISU for what they are. People who will not honour their agreements or obligations if it suits them.
<br />
<br />

Well in this economy, nor have landlords for most high street shops, perhaps they should all stop paying rent as well. Also without me, no-one would use the gas in my house, perhaps I should stop paying for that.

To me, it's completely unacceptable, an if it was another club i would say its unfair, so I can't says it right at ccfc.

I want acl to play them at thir own game.

valiant15

Torch and duffy would say its fair. Dare i say it but i think acl should kick us out,imagine that making the headlines.

sky blue john

if they were serious in purchasing the higgs half share then you would think they would have paid the rent at least as a gesture by now. Also how is it possible to have money to make an offer on the half share which would be millions and not pay the rent jokers and chancers

sky blue john

Still there are plenty sisu supporters on here who want and think the higgs should hand over the share for a derisory amount.

theprince

Wonder what ACLs options are. If i stopped paying rent/mortgage on a house there would be a series of letters giving time to catch up, then solicitors letters threatening action etc. I suppose ACL are in the process of these options now and formal demands and threats of court action to follow. All takes time and £300k in SISU bank makes a bit of money in interest i suppose. It does look though to me SISU have no intention of paying rent atleast to the season kicks-off, then what. Do they pay a 100 grand in August and be 4 months in arrears. In reality what can ACL do about that. SISU offer some sort of instalment to clear arrears and thats that to me. One way of getting the rent reduced isn't it.

dongonzalos

I agree with Jack. ACL have limited options. SISU know how long the legal route will take. They will no doubt pay up at the last minute.

They I think will be using the rent as a stick and carrot.

The stick no deal, no rent.
The carrot, in the deal we are offering you, we include the backdated rent.

I wonder if Higgs, ACL and Council could maybe agree that until the rent is paid, there will be no further talks.

SISU's current goal is the Ricoh so maybe that would focus their minds.

@richh87

SISU must never be sold any part of the Ricoh. They watched us go down fielding a bunch of kids last season but have millions at their disposal to buy half the stadium! Arseholes. They don't care about CCFC, or football. They are ruthless bastards who would liquidate us today if they felt it was their best bet financially.

You can bet that if they got their hands on the stadium they'd treat it totally separately to the football club. I can see it now - "the stadium makes money but unfortunately CCFC still makes a loss and we need to slash wages".

They would probably try to sell them separately too and we'd find SISU owning our ground for all eternity and they'd increase the rent to even higher levels than they are moaning about now.

I think our fans need to make it clear to the Council and Higg's Trust that we don't want then to sell to SISU.

Last edited:

ccfcway

wasnt there someone who worked for ACL who posted on here ?

Id love to hear their stance on this ?

TheSnoz

Those with longish memories will remember Middlesboro being locked out of their own ground because of debts. Time maybe for SISU to be locked out of the RICOH, bring matters to a head?

ccfcway

it would be great to hear a press release tomorrow just after the fixture list is announced from ACL saying that the 1st home game is under threat as its wont be at the ricoh unless the overdue rent is paid

J

Jack Griffin

Yeah, I think it must come to that. Once 'all avenues have been explored' to show that ACL are not victimisers in this matter.

ccfcway

imagine you renting a house to a chap who then asked if he could buy it, but then stops paying the rent and offers you half of what its worth

you wouldnt sit back and do nowt would you...I really hope ACL are doing a lot of work on this behind the scenes, for the big "eviction" notice to go up at the Ricoh..

The Fixture list
30th June - the day the early bird finishes
The Olympics

Plenty of opportunity for ACL to announce this and make SISU look very bad indeed.

1nilandwe...

That's exactly it. ACL can't take legal action because that would immediately put CCFC into administration (I believe), making them the bad guys. SISU know this and are playing hard bastards to try and get as much as they can for as little as possible. I wouldn't sell them a single seat of the arena if I was in the same position.

torchomatic

Ha ha! Yes, that would be "great". Fantastic news. Even better though if we heard that the club was going under. Brilliant! Get out the bunting!:claping hands::claping hands:

it would be great to hear a press release tomorrow just after the fixture list is announced from ACL saying that the 1st home game is under threat as its wont be at the ricoh unless the overdue rent is paid

torchomatic

Why? .

.I really hope ACL are doing a lot of work on this behind the scenes, for the big "eviction" notice to go up at the Ricoh..

procdoc

Ha ha! Yes, that would be "great". Fantastic news. Even better though if we heard that the club was going under. Brilliant! Get out the bunting!:claping hands::claping hands:

Sorry Torch but I don't see why you keep sticking up for these cretins. They are blatantly breaking rules to get what they want. They haven't even outlined a strategy (in public at least) as to what would happen to the team if they got a half share. That worries me a lot as they still might not invest in the football side of things. Can you explain to me how they have enough money to buy half the stadium yet can't pay the rent or submit the accounts? I appreciate that you are a loyal CCFC supporter and season ticket holder and I know you want what is best for the team but I do struggle to agree with anything that is even mildly pro-sisu!

torchomatic

I'm not sticking up for them. However, I cannot see why fans should actually WANT the team to be taken to court, placed in administration or worse. Get rid of SISU by all means but wanting your team to fold to achieve that aim is madness in MY view. I know a lot don't share it and they be more than willing to risk our future, but it's not worth it to me.

Yes, I want what's best for the and being taken to court is not for the best.

Sorry Torch but I don't see why you keep sticking up for these cretins. They are blatantly breaking rules to get what they want. They haven't even outlined a strategy (in public at least) as to what would happen to the team if they got a half share. That worries me a lot as they still might not invest in the football side of things. Can you explain to me how they have enough money to buy half the stadium yet can't pay the rent or submit the accounts? I appreciate that you are a loyal CCFC supporter and season ticket holder and I know you want what is best for the team but I do struggle to agree with anything that is even mildly pro-sisu!

dongonzalos

Not that it is great for Coventry City Football Club, but maybe he does not think it is right, fair and correct for someone to withhold money that they owe and use bullying tactics to get what they want.

That is the only reason I can think of, why he would hope for this.

Not sure how it would pan out, if they did though.

I would just prefer them to say, we can't continue to be in talks with people regarding a business deal. Who refuse to make the payments they owe. How can we see them as a suitable future owner of half the stadium.

Therefore talks are suspended, until they pay what they owe.

I think they would hold the moral high ground, I think they would have the support of the majority of tax payers.

Lastly and most importantly I think they would switch the balance of power and force SISU to pay up as SISU are desperate for that share.

procdoc

I think the point of ACL taking legal action is to hopefully move the process of SISU leaving the club along more swiftly but as you say there is a great risk we could disappear all together butm in my eyes there is already a risk of that with them at the helm so maybe ACL/Higgs Trust need to take a gamble for the good of the club long term. It's a painfully difficult situation

ccfcway

Still on here I see ?

We have owners who are REFUSING to pay the rent, yet want 50% of the stadium, so they have funds to pay the rent, they CHOOSE NOT TO.

They have no interest in the inconvenience which is the club, and even in the past 24 hours we know that the assistant manager has gone, and poss the physio as well.

On top of this, they havan embargo in place because they CHOOSE NOT TO file the accounts.

They are agressive bullies. They bullied the fans to hand over their shares else they wouldnt invest and now they are bullying ACL to hand over 50% of the arena.

The owners of CCFC are not acting in the best interest of CCFC.

We would be better off without them, its as simple as that. Maybe not tomorrow, and we may have to go down the leagues, but we would be a club again, and one I would happily support with my money.

I stand by my comment ACL should do everything in their power to begin proceedings to recover unpaid rent.

Grendel

Still on here I see ?

We have owners who are REFUSING to pay the rent, yet want 50% of the stadium, so they have funds to pay the rent, they CHOOSE NOT TO.

They have no interest in the inconvenience which is the club, and even in the past 24 hours we know that the assistant manager has gone, and poss the physio as well.

On top of this, they havan embargo in place because they CHOOSE NOT TO file the accounts.

They are agressive bullies. They bullied the fans to hand over their shares else they wouldnt invest and now they are bullying ACL to hand over 50% of the arena.

We would be better off without them, its as simple as that. Maybe not tomorrow, and we may have to go down the leagues, but we would be a club again, and one I would happily support with my money.

I stand by my comment ACL should do everything in their power to begin proceedings to recover unpaid rent.

We'd be better off going down the leagues - what planet are you on?

torchomatic

Well, that's where my (minority) views differ from the majority on here. While I would be more than happy to see the back of SISU I don't want the club tumbling down the leagues due to administration/liquidation, just to achieve that.

Of course if administration or whatever happens then it happens, but I differ from you is that I don't have a "bring it on" mentality about it all. That's your opinion, of course. Fair enough.

Still on here I see ?

torchomatic

And the thing is if SISU did go and we ended up in the Conference or something then people would moan that it was SISUs fault even though many of them have been begging for it. Maybe, it's my age but I just don't get it.

ccfcway

We are doing already anyway !

If they continue with ownership and their current strategy, we could go down this season, and if not, you only need to look at who is out of contract next summer to see where we could be.

If there is a solution where we can get rid of them and not face penilities, then great.

Grendel

We are doing already anyway !

If they continue with ownership and their current strategy, we could go down this season, and if not, you only need to look at who is out of contract next summer to see where we could be.

If there is a solution where we can get rid of them and not face penilities, then great.

One slight flaw in your great plan - no one else wants us.

ccfcway

Well, that's where my (minority) views differ from the majority on here. While I would be more than happy to see the back of SISU I don't want the club tumbling down the leagues due to administration/liquidation, just to achieve that.

Of course if administration or whatever happens then it happens, but I differ from you is that I don't have a "bring it on" mentality about it all. That's your opinion, of course. Fair enough.

Thats the problem Torch, we are tumbling down the leagues with them !!

League Two club owned by SISU or League Two club owned by someone else. Tough decision

Users who are viewing this thread