I have just purchased my first gaming PC (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

If you playing a game on PC(Lets just say its The Witcher 3) with Xbox/Ps4 controller, on a HDTV with the PC hidden out of view you wouldn't even know what system your playing the game on. This mentality is common though a lot of people I've asked why they wouldn't game on a PC just say I don't like playing on a PC, but cant really explain why.

I switched back in 2013 when the ps4 and Xbox were released I was underwhelmed, as there wasn't any noticeable jump in quality from 360/ps3 especially in earlier titles.
There was some games at the time I wanted that were only available on PC, I was really into the first person horror genre then (first was before Resident Evil 7, Alien Isolation etc)
So games like Amnesia, Outlast, Penumbra Black Plague, were only available on PC at this time.
There was also Football Manager that swayed me, the thought of being able to load a ton of leagues into a mega game on a better system than a crappy laptop was very tempting,

So instead of getting the New Xbox or Ps4, I bought a half pre built system, it was just the tower with a AMD FX 8350 and AMD 7850. That system I still have as my upstairs gaming PC that still runs Football Manager, and less demanding games.

Making the switch now isn't as attractive, PC parts are more expensive so entry cost is quite high

I purchased my 2nd pc in November 🤣 enjoying it .. playing at 165 hz now on a 3070 ti

Thehig

I purchased my 2nd pc in November 🤣 enjoying it .. playing at 165 hz now on a 3070 ti
I'm full of envy.

On my 2nd PC as well but specs not as good as yours lol.

Although I play Rust and Football Manager pretty much 100% of the time my 2070 does the job for that.

Evo1883

I'm full of envy.

On my 2nd PC as well but specs not as good as yours lol.

Although I play Rust and Football Manager pretty much 100% of the time my 2070 does the job for that.

2070 a great card

Thehig

2070 a great card
yeah its ok, its my ryzen 7 2700 holding my system back, terrible single core performance which does effect Rust a little bit, always get frame drops in Bandit Camp and I'm first to complain of frame drops when a base is getting large.

Issue is the Am4 socket is done, I could upgrade to maybe the 5 5600X, but after that its new motherboard time.

Kieranp96

FPS right? Hz is your monitor refresh rate, I also got a 3070ti banging card just a shame I paid £1500 for mine 🤣, now prices are pretty much MSRP makes me sad.

Kieranp96

Will upload pic of my rig tonight or Tommorow flying back home, came to see city Saturday and well wasn't worth the journey.

Kieranp96

Ok found a older pic, but this is my rig rocking a 5600x and a 3070ti, house in a h510 elite cooled by 4 nzxt AER fans and a kraken x63 CPU cooler with 64gb of ram, I also run a 2021 MacBook pro 14", pc is for work and games, MacBook for work and calling family since I am abroad, I have a banging view also

Attachments

• IMG20220218130704.jpg
    IMG20220218130704.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31

Evo1883

Ok found a older pic, but this is my rig rocking a 5600x and a 3070ti, house in a h510 elite cooled by 4 nzxt AER fans and a kraken x63 CPU cooler with 64gb of ram, I also run a 2021 MacBook pro 14", pc is for work and games, MacBook for work and calling family since I am abroad, I have a banging view also

I just missed out on masters this split , started too late .. Will get it on kings canyon I reckon this split

Kieranp96

I just missed out on masters this split , started too late .. Will get it on kings canyon I reckon this split
I hit it but I was on vacation for 4 weeks the past 10 so wasn't really playing 🤣, I go a heirloom just before my final game that got me masters.

Attachments

• IMG20220401012838.jpg
    IMG20220401012838.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 29

Evo1883

So I had an issue with my 3070 ti and the company offered a replacement .. so I told them I wanted to take the evga 3080 Instead as its the same price I paid .. they agreed so I now have a 3080 on the way , be here next Friday

Sick Boy

How did you find the 2021 MPB? Do you have the 1TB? Is it worth the money?

Kieranp96

How did you find the 2021 MPB? Do you have the 1TB? Is it worth the money?
Not 1tb, and it’s pretty good I mean it was £1800 but it allows me to travel and work at the same time, I would say it’s worth the money if travelling.

If I wasn’t travelling a lot I would of just stuck with my pc I also like to game so pc comes in handy 😂

Users who are viewing this thread