I HAVE ENJOYED THIS SEASON (1 Viewer)

skyblueexile

I have followed City for over 64 years but a series of medical conditions and living in North Yorkshire make it virtually I impossible to see them play

This year I have been able to watch live on efl - not only have I enjoyed it but it has given valuable income to the club

Would a slight change not be so difficult to give people like myself an opportunity to see the games.

I did write to EFL they said good idea write to your club - soI wrote to City and guess what - I HAVE HAD NO REPLY

this could be a significant income to the club and bring pleasure to many -what do you think. PUSB

Gregbant

How long ago did you write to the club and by what means or contact address?
I was under the impression the TV deal is not an individual one. I wonder if maybe the club could be allowed show the match a few hours afterwards on the clubs own platform for a fee, for those in this type of situation.
Maybe Mark or Pete could raise it for you at the next meeting with the club?

Last edited:

Kilclines curly mullet

a good idea but strange that the EFL say to write to the club. My understanding (granted I know no more than the next man) is that the iFollow games are controlled and regulated by the EFL and in normal times not all games are available to ensure clubs don’t miss out on supporter numbers going to the games.

I do think however that post COVID the world will change so fingers crossed a solution can be found for fellow supporters like yourself. Good luck to you.

Gregbant

a good idea but strange that the EFL say to write to the club. My understanding (granted I know no more than the next man) is that the iFollow games are controlled and regulated by the EFL and in normal times not all games are available to ensure clubs don’t miss out on supporter numbers going to the games.

I do think however that post COVID the world will change so fingers crossed a solution can be found for fellow supporters like yourself. Good luck to you.

That's what I thought, I thought it was an EFL TV deal thing then the money is shared out.

Skyblue_LDN

I wish that they would give a subscription to stream all games along with a season ticket, I can’t often get to games as I’m I live in London and have family commitments, but I’d buy a season ticket in a heart beat if it came with a streaming service too.

I appreciate the reluctance to do so what with pirate streams etc but they seem to have clamped down on that fairly promptly in lockdown.

jamboy

Exactly the same here. Live too far to afford to get to games, but not far enough (overseas) that ifollow would normally be available. Roughly speaking an overseas ifollow season ticket costs the same as it would cost me to attend 2 home matches. And that’s if there will be tickets on general sale with restrictions on gates next season.

better days

I suspect the reason the EFL suggested you write to the club is because in normal times the clubs don't want to do anything that would affect match day attendances for home games
So only the clubs can vote to change it
This season is obviously a special case with no fans allowed but from memory I believe normally Saturday games aren't available on iFollow
Some people get round it by getting a fake VPN that indicates they aren't in the UK
I'm sure others can give more details but I can see both sides of the argument - but with a bit of thought the clubs should be able to find a way to make this work once fans are back

edgy

The problem with offering live streaming of game, when crowds are allow to return, is that it will have an adverse effect on match day revenue.

A stream for season ticket holders might work, but would invariably mean a lower actual attendance and match day revenue.

better days

The problem with offering live streaming of game, when crowds are allow to return, is that it will have an adverse effect on match day revenue.

A stream for season ticket holders might work, but would invariably mean a lower actual attendance and match day revenue.
That's a good point about the match day revenue for food & beverages etc
As far as attendances are concerned many clubs count all season ticket holders as being there even if they don't show up
You only have to look at Arsenal's home games where there are often loads of empty seats but they declare a full house

Gregbant

Could a streaming season ticket cost more to cover food and drink.

stay_up_skyblues

Unless they crack down on it using a VPN is a breeze to watch the blackout games. Win win for both parties when used by fans who would otherwise have not been able to attend.

In practice I would expect the streaming will continue until such time there are 0 restrictions on crowds. So surely until the middle if not end of next season.

better days

Unless they crack down on it using a VPN is a breeze to watch the blackout games. Win win for both parties when used by fans who would otherwise have not been able to attend.

In practice I would expect the streaming will continue until such time there are 0 restrictions on crowds. So surely until the middle if not end of next season.
That's probably true for younger fans but many from the older generation wouldn't know how to get a VPN - possibly including @skyblueexile the original poster

Speedies_Chips

I can honestly say that I havent enjoyed this season at all. Seeing us struggle and watching streamed games with no atmosphere is not my idea of enjoyment. Hopefully we can stay up and attend games and enjoy the matchday experience (even if we do struggle again).

That said, I do appreciate that Ifollow is great for those that normally wouldnt be able to see us play and when my old bones stop me attending then hopefully that option will be available.

Samo

I have followed City for over 64 years but a series of medical conditions and living in North Yorkshire make it virtually I impossible to see them play

This year I have been able to watch live on efl - not only have I enjoyed it but it has given valuable income to the club

Would a slight change not be so difficult to give people like myself an opportunity to see the games.

I did write to EFL they said good idea write to your club - soI wrote to City and guess what - I HAVE HAD NO REPLY

this could be a significant income to the club and bring pleasure to many -what do you think. PUSB

Same (apart from the Yorkshire part)

chiefdave

Every part of the entertainment industry has tried to resist streaming and all its done is kicked the can down the road while pushing people towards piracy which in turn devalues your product as people get used to it being free.

Does anyone realistically think the EFL can succeed where every other industry has failed?

Also find it a bit odd that after years of ridiculing Fisher for banging on about the pie and pint money its now being put forward as a reason to not allow streaming. How much money do we make per season off that compared to how much additional revenue we'd take in from fans who don't normally attend but would purchase a stream?

skyblueexile

Thank you all your views are so appreciated- the letter sent was to the chief exec

My view is that there is no way I can go but it is an income stream that doesn't exist so why not

Would happily commit to a season ticket for it

Sad I know but I miss the game would appreciate any help

Actor happy to confirm my inability to travel although to watch City is now doubting my sanity
But as I said its in the blood sadly thank you all

stay_up_skyblues

Thank you all your views are so appreciated- the letter sent was to the chief exec

My view is that there is no way I can go but it is an income stream that doesn't exist so why not

Would happily commit to a season ticket for it

Sad I know but I miss the game would appreciate any help

Actor happy to confirm my inability to travel although to watch City is now doubting my sanity
But as I said its in the blood sadly thank you all

If/when they turn the uk stream off I can send you relatively straight forward instructions to use a vpn. If you can watch on a tablet it really is a piece of piss mate.

EalingSB

@skyblueexile I emailed Dave Boddy a few weeks ago and he sent me a really considered reply within 48 hours. Happy to DM you his email address although you can probably guess it.

Users who are viewing this thread