I hate to say this but.... (1 Viewer)

covkid69

Dp is it David prowse. He who played darth vader. Maybe he's gonna tempt kenny boy over to the dark side :)

Grendel

At least we will all be able to cross the road safely on the way to the Ricoh.

WeAreMany

Why do SISU not want to sell? I don't understand what they have to gain by holding onto a club that is losing X amount a year. Any of you business guy's tell me what SISU have to gain by not selling the club?

Speaking generally and in no way relating this question to CCFC there are many long and complicated reasons why owners would want to keep hold of a failing business. It should be noted that just because a business is making a loss doesn’t mean that the individuals that own it are doing likewise. A business’s owners may still be drawing money in the form of salaries, loan interest etc,be hoping to make money from asset sales, may be holding out for a better deal from prospective purchasers, there may be issues of pride or the owners may genuinely believe that they are capable of turning the business around.

I also post a link for the sake of completeness but please note that I am in no way implicating our owners of the following merely presenting it as a reason why owners might wish continue funding a loss making business.

http://www.fatf-gafi.org/dataoecd/7/41/43216572.pdf

Last edited:

georgehudson

nice post 'wam', especially the link, you really should forward that to damien collins, could be something interesting brewing especially to the benefit of true CCFC fans,

PUSB

orange snake, wriggle off !!!!!!!!!

AFCCOVENTRY

I think many people never realised what sisu's business model was when the takeover happened.

A quick google of what the sisu model will reveal all.

They are aggressive asset strippers which takeover distressed companies and they do not budge until they make a profit on their original investment.

I work in the city and they have a pretty bad reputation amongst the inner circles.

They will not budge till they make the projected profit figure.

That means they do not give a shit which division we are in. They want to make money off our club and they don't care how they do it.

Nobody will be able to buy this club currently unless they meet sisu's price tag.

Joy Seppla ... You are a fecking bitch.

We have some of the nastiest people in business in charge.

Last edited:

georgehudson

quite so 'afcc', but would trust in true justice,
gold digging (ALLEDGED DUBIOUS) prospectors = ****
i hope they are duly found & hounded out,
damien collins, make a name for yourself !!!

PUSB

I'mARealWizard

The problem here though it:

We don't have enough assets for them to be able to make any profit.

We never did have enough assets when they took over, so they must have known in advance that they needed 'something else' to be able to make a profit.

As aggressive as they might be, they are surely not so foolish as to think they could have taken over the club, stripped it and come away with a profit?

Or is it that they just didn't fully understand the finances of running a football club and are now panicking about how to get the most out of things?

On a side note, is there any way that SISU could be using this 'part' of their investment portfolio as a way of writing off tax debts? So that they continue to make losses but because they hold investments in other companies, it is actually benefiting them that club continues to lose money?

WeAreMany

You are confusing the profits of CCFC and the personal finances of the individual owners. Like AFCCoventry says SISU know what they are doing; it probably won't affect their personal bank balances if we get demoted or even liquidated. For that reason they might as well hang onto us until they get what they want.

Disenchanted

surely this is good news? anything, even going into admin now has to be better than whats happening at present ie, A team of inexperienced kids,average and below average championship players being managed by an inexperienced manager (who's doing v/well with what he has) being beaten every week,crowds falling week on week and a board that either say nothing or issue statements that are...at best...economical with the truth......We are so close to Rock bottom I welcome it as from there we will only have one direction to go!!

Nonleagueherewecome

5 pages of fuck all, brilliant thats another 5 mins of my life wasted

You say this as if the concept of wasting ones time is alien to CCFC fans. What do you think we're doing every bloody weekend?!?

Anyway, you didn't have to read it :whistle:

brinner

if sisu remain in charge until after the new year and start selling the rest of our decent players then us fans simply have to stop going to the games.

do not renew season tickets, do not buy any merchandise from the shop, do not give sisu a penny! we will have to force them out or sit back and watch the slide to league 2 which will happen if sisu insist on not selling up and continue to run the club as they are whilst continually lying to us fans and treating us like a bunch of mugs.

if we give them no income they will have no choice other than to sell or go in to admin where the ppl intrested in buying the club would then do just that.

Otis

The way I see it Brinner is that I accept cuts to the wage bill and trimming the squad, but there are limits. It has to be a balanced decision that leaves us to field a side that can at least compete in this divison. We are down to the bare minimum in terms of playing squad yet still KD talks of cutting the wage bill by 40%.

The only conclusion to us decimating the squad and selling all our best players is that we will go down and then go down again and then go down again.

Think all fans have a breaking point and if the board don't at least give the manager some help (i.e. sell Juke for 2 mill, keep the 1 mill for the debts/to the club and then buy 2-3 cheaper players with the remainder) then fans will indeed just stop going.

Understand the need to be prudent, don't accept the need to be blinkered and stupid.

if sisu remain in charge until after the new year and start selling the rest of our decent players then us fans simply have to stop going to the games.

do not renew season tickets, do not buy any merchandise from the shop, do not give sisu a penny! we will have to force them out or sit back and watch the slide to league 2 which will happen if sisu insist on not selling up and continue to run the club as they are whilst continually lying to us fans and treating us like a bunch of mugs.

if we give them no income they will have no choice other than to sell or go in to admin where the ppl intrested in buying the club would then do just that.

I only go the away games - better atmosphere, better crack with the lads, more to look forward to, different day out and the satisfaction that the cash hasn't gone to SISU,

why not do the same ?

The Ricoh is crap anyway so why not spend your cash on the away games rather than stopping all together ?? That's been my stance for the past few seasons anyway.

I will never stop supporting and I'm sure you never will - So why not all aboard the sky blue army !!!!!!!!!

brinner

I only go the away games - better atmosphere, better crack with the lads, more to look forward to, different day out and the satisfaction that the cash hasn't gone to SISU,

why not do the same ?

The Ricoh is crap anyway so why not spend your cash on the away games rather than stopping all together ?? That's been my stance for the past few seasons anyway.

I will never stop supporting and I'm sure you never will - So why not all aboard the sky blue army !!!!!!!!!
thats what im doing mate.

1st time ive not had a season ticket since 1992/93 season! tho ive been fortunate to win a couple of tickets for home games and have been given a few aswell so only missed reading and derby games so far! last money i spent was on my new home top when i pre orderd it after the reading game, il not spend another penny until the sisu scum have gone.

brinner

The way I see it Brinner is that I accept cuts to the wage bill and trimming the squad, but there are limits. It has to be a balanced decision that leaves us to field a side that can at least compete in this divison. We are down to the bare minimum in terms of playing squad yet still KD talks of cutting the wage bill by 40%.

The only conclusion to us decimating the squad and selling all our best players is that we will go down and then go down again and then go down again.

Think all fans have a breaking point and if the board don't at least give the manager some help (i.e. sell Juke for 2 mill, keep the 1 mill for the debts/to the club and then buy 2-3 cheaper players with the remainder) then fans will indeed just stop going.

Understand the need to be prudent, don't accept the need to be blinkered and stupid.
i agree mate, cant live beyond our means but its the way they are doing it, spending next 2 years income on this season, sisu are not spending any money yet the debt increases and they continually lie to us about pretty much everything!

Chipfat

The current league situation shows what a 40% wage cut does to a side that were 18th for the majority of the last 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KD is such a prick and is trying his best to pull the fans pants down,, you wait until Wood and Juke leave in Jan, what shite will he spouts out then...

Otis

i agree mate, cant live beyond our means but its the way they are doing it, spending next 2 years income on this season, sisu are not spending any money yet the debt increases and they continually lie to us about pretty much everything!

Well that's one of the things that worries me the most, that despite all the shit we are having to endure this season we are already eating into next years income. Things can surely only get worse! If that is possible.

Last edited:

sky blue john

All the things we are discussing are the things Sisu have done and we know about. What worries me is what they have done that we don't know about yet and won't come out untill the next set of accounts.

wingy

Well that's one of the things that worries me the most, that despite all the shit we are having to endure this season we are already eating into next years income. Things can surely only get worse! If that is possible.
Equates to unfit and proper and should never have passed the leagues scrutiny for ability to fund the club for the current campaign

Nathccfc

All the things we are discussing are the things Sisu have done and we know about. What worries me is what they have done that we don't know about yet and won't come out untill the next set of accounts.

This is exactly what I'm worried about !

Tonylinc

Accounts??? What accounts? I have yet to see any accounts published by these spivs.

Nathccfc

I don't think the recent news is the last of it tbh.. I think there are some dark secrets yet to come out, like I said before but I guess only time will tell. Quite worrying..

Otis

Time will tell? How soon is this time though? This side of Christmas? After the season has finished and we are relegated?

CCFC123

I'm sure the league are watching SISU very closley. More closley than we think....

What's the number for Panaroma! ?

Macca

You say this as if the concept of wasting ones time is alien to CCFC fans. What do you think we're doing every bloody weekend?!?

Anyway, you didn't have to read it :whistle:

well I do really just in case for once there is something in it. Instead its another nudge nudge I know something but can't tell you type thing

paul1978

I don't think the recent news is the last of it tbh.. I think there are some dark secrets yet to come out, like I said before but I guess only time will tell. Quite worrying..

well if your information is true i hope one things for sure something gives to makes sisu give up the ghost and QUIT NOW

Users who are viewing this thread