I feel sorry for Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

I perhaps stand in a minority of fans here, but I think some of the comments about Robins have been ludicrous!

Sky Blue Blood comment aside the man's record speaks for itself, and I've personally enjoyed the 5 or so months with him in charge and taken great pride in the comments from those not sky blue affiliation saying "Your doing well this season".

Its better for him to go out on a high that a miserable low (see. Andy Thorn as caretaker) and its a measure of modern football that Huddersfield are able to poach him away from a great club like ours.

I feel we have a great platform from which to build now, (no Ricoh train station pun intended) we have some class players on new deals and a outside chance of a play-off finish, which given the start I'm satisfied with.

If he goes I wish him good luck and hope we get a manager with half as much backbone as Robins has had when dealing with certain prima donnas at the club.

PUSB

ajsccfc

You can't really put that blood thing aside though, especially when this is all current. He did well but he also spoke up to a few days ago about how he loved it and plans for the future. Either something drastic happened in the last few days or he's just shown himself up somewhat.

Some comments have been over the top, but I can't blame anyone feeling betrayed.

CovMatt1987

I dont know if I can go as far to say I feel sorry for the guy. I can maybe appriciate the reasons why he is going to an extent - but, depending on what is true of course, he hasnt done it in the best way - telling us all he had sky blue blood and doing things like clearing his desk trying to force through a move (like I say, if all is to be believed). that to me shows a lack of respect to a club he apparently loved, so no i dont feel sorry for him.

chriscovfc

its more about the utter shite that came out of his mouth. Would of been easier for us if he had kept his gob shut.

wal3590

Feel sorry for the players more than anyone, think of all the lies hes given them too, hes gave them so much confidence to then crush them like this. Not too sure how happy they will be without a fitness coach either, that worries me a lot!

motherfunky

Agreed about his comments...he would have been better not saying anything...now it just looks like a load of bull. Also agree with the comment about fitness, there wasn't any at the start of the season that's why we played like we did. MR gave us confidence, belief and fitness and some of the best football we had in years. Shame.

I perhaps stand in a minority of fans here, but I think some of the comments about Robins have been ludicrous!

Sky Blue Blood comment aside the man's record speaks for itself, and I've personally enjoyed the 5 or so months with him in charge and taken great pride in the comments from those not sky blue affiliation saying "Your doing well this season".

Its better for him to go out on a high that a miserable low (see. Andy Thorn as caretaker) and its a measure of modern football that Huddersfield are able to poach him away from a great club like ours.

I feel we have a great platform from which to build now, (no Ricoh train station pun intended) we have some class players on new deals and a outside chance of a play-off finish, which given the start I'm satisfied with.

If he goes I wish him good luck and hope we get a manager with half as much backbone as Robins has had when dealing with certain prima donnas at the club.

PUSB

Things change. I believe he meant what he said when he said he wanted to stay, but you dont know whats around the corner. Huddersfield have a good fanbase, as good stadium, a good squad and a better level than us. I wish him all the best and i thank him for all he's done for the club and personally, theres no doubt in my mind that he will manager in the Premier League in the future. You cant expect a manager of his calibre to knock back bigger clubs, so i dont blame him one bit and anyone who is hating him for leaving needs to think 'where would we be without him". I'll tell you where, RELEGATION ZONE! Good luck to Robbo

withers

feeling sorry is the wrong sentiment (he's hardly going to be reading all these threads and crying into his keyboard is he?), but I take your main point. the most galling thing is that it's bleeding 'uddesfield though - Forest would be just about fine, but a team that has never graced the Prem - must be a bit of Yorkshire homesickness in the decision

torchomatic

I like Robins. I hope he stays. He's a great manager, but feel sorry for him? He's not done a real days work in his life, he's done a job and is doing a job that 99.9% of us can only dream of doing. He is in a position of whether he stays or goes he will be paid handsomely for doing. A week ago he had 30K people chanting his name. Nah, don't get the feel sorry thing.

Moff

I have no sympathy for the stupid quoting, disloyal, greedy sod that Robins appears to be.

I might be wrong, I doubt it though. The club have done nothing wrong except back him, and this is how he thanks us. Cheers Mark.

If he stays I will continue to support the team, whilst waiting for Robins to move on to the next better opportunity, and the fans will not trust him anymore.

Covstu

You hear the word 'loyalty' spouted by managers alot when they lose their top players to other clubs but you hardly have the same issue with the manager themselves. Both Robins and Appleby have been testimant to how mercenary the game has become moving to 'like' clubs for a pay increase. I could fully understand if he moved to Blackburn, Cardiff or a club of that stature but H'field??? FFS we will probably be playing them next year!

I was disappointed when we lost King, Keane, McAllister , Dublin etc through the years but this one has hurt me the most.

stupot07

Completely agree Stu. People are looking for someone to blame Sisu are the easiest target.

Football is mercenary.

Black6Osprey

Yeah but Huddersfield are in a higher league. 20 years ago I would have laughed my head off if you'd told me Wigan would be in the Premier. Unfortunately times change and we are probably heading for a second year in league 1 with a reduced budget from this year.

Football is fickle from all sides, fans, players and managers. Robins I no different, just another bullshitter who had a good run with us and has used it to better himself (in his opinion).

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yeah but Huddersfield are in a higher league. 20 years ago I would have laughed my head off if you'd told me Wigan would be in the Premier. Unfortunately times change and we are probably heading for a second year in league 1 with a reduced budget from this year.

Football is fickle from all sides, fans, players and managers. Robins I no different, just another bullshitter who had a good run with us and has used it to better himself (in his opinion).

Exactly.....More classic arrogance from us coventry fans with comments such as "Huddersfield FFS"

One could argue that Huddersfield are actually a bigger club than City.....

Yep, their glory days are in the dim & distant past, just like ours......except they have had far more than 1 glory day.

Get over yourselves folks.....City are a 3rd divsion side.....our manager has been poached by a club offering better prospects all round.....

Lord_Nampil

Remember when megson left the scum for Bolton ??? As much as I don't like Leicester, they are a bigger club than Bolton !!! But at the time Bolton were a top flight side and Leicester weren't !!!! IMO robins will never be a successful manager he will always be a nearly man, nearly finishes a job but doesn't quite see it through!!! But hey he goes with my blessing, he turned us around now for mr right totals us forward!

coundonskyblue

Robins is perfectly entitled to up and move to Huddersfield, just as I and my fellow supporters are entitled to think of him as a disloyal rat.

Hugh Jarse

I have no sympathy for the stupid quoting, disloyal, greedy sod that Robins appears to be.

I might be wrong, I doubt it though. The club have done nothing wrong except back him, and this is how he thanks us. Cheers Mark.

Sadly, this would appear to be the case.

How many times do we hear managers bleat when they've been sacked by clubs and here's Robins, five months in, looking to leave for a 'bigger' club:jerkit:. I only hope CCFC invoke the alledged six figure payment clause in Robins's contact.

I can't stand people who stab you in the back and walk out of a contact when they think the grass is greener on the other side. Personally, I hope the rest of his managerial career is covered in misery but that's just me, I don't forgive easily.:mad:

SkyBlueHomer

How many of our own supporters ripping into Robins have done exactly the same eh?

Our average gate is down by 4/5000ish this season and these loyal supporters that have gone missing have done no different to what Robins has done, turned their back on the club.

Steve.B50

I do not feel sorry for him one little bit.
Just spoken to a mate up North who is Burnley fan and says its the same as what happend to them when Coyle left for Bolton, one moment saying he was behind the club and very happy then jumping ship. He said he hopes Robins fails like Coyle did and now cannot get a job.

skybluedan

To me if you leave city for someone you are scum and I pray that he fails completely the little c**t but hey I'm 37 going on 15

Darth Robins

Honestly if I were a Huddersfield fan I'd be worrying about this, what happens at the end of the season when he'd done a decent job and kept them up and suddenly Blackburn (and you know they will be!) are looking for a new manager? All this big club/small club crap aside, we're not THAT far apart in stature and if he's happy to make the jump from us to them I've got a feeling he won't be there for very long either.

Hugh Jarse

How many of our own supporters ripping into Robins have done exactly the same eh?

Our average gate is down by 4/5000ish this season and these loyal supporters that have gone missing have done no different to what Robins has done, turned their back on the club.

Utter bollix Homer.

There is a huge difference between someone who has supported (no wages involved) a club and decided to stay at home because they aren't now what they once were and a prick like Robins :jerkit:(on a salary), who has been here 5 months and done a runner to the next step of the slippery management ladder.

Last edited:

Ashdown1

The worst of it all was the 'Sky Blue Blood', badge kissing falseness.................lets be frank and honest, your ideal candidate has to be someone hopefully who does in fact have some affinity with the region, someone who at least considers the Midlands home, someone who can relate to our local working class economy, someone who is happy to live here and find schools for their kids. There should perhaps be an incentive driven contract constructed as well, something that will reward the individual as the club progresses. If we are going to offer peanuts, we'll get some desperado or some journeyman who's just topping up his pension or using us as a stepping stone.

Users who are viewing this thread