I expect a heck of a lot of changes... (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

.... now with some loans being brought in.

I'd expect a new left back and left side midfield player with a bit of experience along with an experienced centre half.

If I was a betting man Shaw would of given him a good run down of who's let him down over the last three week and would expect, Baker, Hussey, Kilbane out of the picture for a while if not off loaded along with McSheffery and Ball going back to Derby.

Robins has to get rid of as many now who dont have any heart to play football ASAP while the seasons still young. Also, David Bell has to be paid off if possible.

Daz

Get rid of the lot for me including backroom staff. loan players are the only way forward. Mcgoldrick spot on with effort so far:claping hands::claping hands:

CCFC123

i'd rather watch a bunch of shit players who had respect for themselfs than a bunch of cheaters that we have.

Nonleagueherewecome

Experienced loan players, not like Brown and Ball. Although they could be vastly improved under this manager, who knows?

Stevec189

Left sided midfielder full back with experience = Kilbane. Experienced centre half = Wood. Baker is good at this level, Hussey needs taking out of the firing line. The players are good enough Bury 1st half and Birmingham proved what what they need is managing and some belief and support from the terraces. I thinkwe need to add not detract from what we currently have. Keep em till Jan them get rid in transfer window so we can generate some cash.

PUSB

blueflint

Experienced loan players, not like Brown and Ball. Although they could be vastly improved under this manager, who knows?

why would they improve you cant get more out of nowt they havn't got it to start with (pride) i mean ability they may have

stupot07

Left sided midfielder full back with experience = Kilbane. Experienced centre half = Wood. Baker is good at this level, Hussey needs taking out of the firing line. The players are good enough Bury 1st half and Birmingham proved what what they need is managing and some belief and support from the terraces. I thinkwe need to add not detract from what we currently have. Keep em till Jan them get rid in transfer window so we can generate some cash.

PUSB

Are you basing that on a half a season spell 3 years ago?

Nonleagueherewecome

why would they improve you cant get more out of nowt they havn't got it to start with (pride) i mean ability they may have

Ball scored 3 times in 12 games (mostly sub) for Derby in the division above this. Brown did OK with Oldham in this division last season. I agree, I think both have been terrible, but they along with every single other player (excuse Fleck) have been performing below their ability this season. I thought we fired a manager and hired a new one for that very reason? If he isn't going to make a difference, why did we bother?!

sky_blue_up_north

Get rid of Brown & Ball back to their clubs pay Kilbane off get hungry players with passion & desire

Grendel

Are you basing that on a half a season spell 3 years ago?

Same argument that McDonald scores goals at this level. He doesn't and Baker is a liability.

RichieGunns

If Mcgoldrick keeps playing the way he has been, id give him a perminant contract in Jan.

Definately need a LB and a LM to sure up those areas. Take Hussey out for awhile as i believe he needs a few games on the bench.

Kilbane needs to be taken off also and IMO we needs another Goalkeeper as I have no faith in either of our current two so far...

stupot07

Ball scored 3 times in 12 games (mostly sub) for Derby in the division above this. Brown did OK with Oldham in this division last season. I agree, I think both have been terrible, but they along with every single other player (excuse Fleck) have been performing below their ability this season. I thought we fired a manager and hired a new one for that very reason? If he isn't going to make a difference, why did we bother?!

Ball played 25 games last season I think it was 12 starts. And we don't need Brown, a very strange signing - when Cameron's fit - 5th choice CB and 3rd choice RB

theprince

WE HAVE NO MONEY, Getting players in even on loan costs money, we have what we have, maybe a couple of loans and maybe injured players like Bell and Cameron suddenly become fit. Think the Brown loan is a year long deal so can't just sling him back.

stupot07

If Mcgoldrick keeps playing the way he has been, id give him a perminant contract in Jan.

Definately need a LB and a LM to sure up those areas. Take Hussey out for awhile as i believe he needs a few games on the bench.

Kilbane needs to be taken off also and IMO we needs another Goalkeeper as I have no faith in either of our current two so far...

Your easily pleased.....

RichieGunns

WE HAVE NO MONEY, Getting players in even on loan costs money, we have what we have, maybe a couple of loans and maybe injured players like Bell and Cameron suddenly become fit. Think the Brown loan is a year long deal so can't just sling him back.

You know we should just wait and see...

And i don't think we've spend the whole £4.2 million that Waggot and Fisher have said is our transfer budget. If they say they're going to support Robins, then im willing to believe them!

CCFC123

we need a centre half with experience alongside wood, a left back that can defend and a left side midfield player with a bit of pace.

kilbane, mcsheffery, baker, ball, hussey and bell ( when 'fit') can go now.

stupot07

we need a centre half with experience alongside wood, a left back that can defend and a left side midfield player with a bit of pace.

Can they take Barton, Brown and ROD with them please

Grendel

We have 6 centre backs already.

The Penguin

I find all this 'get rid of player X, Y and Z' stuff interesting. Not saying I disagree that the players in question are either incredibly disappointing or just plain rubbish, but:

a) who would want them, and
b) if we pay out their contracts, we won't have any bloody money to get any replacements!

Chipfat

I dont see Christie, Thomas, Brown or Cameron being left out the first 11 for long, i'm pretty sure you will see a new LB coming in and see the armband taken off Killbane. Robbins will work off a solid base and try to stop the losses to get some confidence back in the team, so expect 1 upfront on Saturday with 5 in the midfield and a change in the back 4.

I also dont think Shaw,Carsley will last long as backroom staff, Robbins will bring in his own staff and will not be swayed now by what Shaw recommends. He already has been watching and will see from training if he can make a few decision that will make the team more solid and less fragile defensively we are when we lose the ball. I wish him luck and give him my support as i think he needs both to get this club moving in the right direction...

pusbccfc

Some of you weren't saying this when Baker put the ball in the back of the net against Brum to win us a tie against Arsenal :jerkit:

Otis

Drop Kilbane, Baker, Barton, Hussey.

Send Brown back to Man U.

Leave McShuffty on the bench, bring Cody in from off the bench.

Bring in a left back, a central midfielder with pace and a good engine and a striker, again with pace.

Otis

Some of you weren't saying this when Baker put the ball in the back of the net against Brum to win us a tie against Arsenal :jerkit:

Yep. of course. That was his one good game in five wasn't it. Forgot about that.

He should therefore be due his next one on Saturday. Wait til after Carlisle and then drop him.

Up North Sky Blue

He won't be making a knee jerk reactions but I'm sure he has a fair idea of the strengths and weaknesses of the squad.

Like people have said more pace and skill is needed on the flanks, with a much better and organised defence. If he has any sense then Cameron, Christie and Thomas will soon be first team regulars as they do have hunger and passion for the club.

aodea

be intresting to see what robbins does. To be honest i think he will look at the first few months as a steadying of the ship. Do not be suprised with 5 in midfield away from home maybe even at home. Think we are looking at maybe Mgoldrick deployed out on the flanks with Cody or Elliot up top alone. Midfield wise i hope he brings in Thomas but would be more certain be along the lines of jennings, Barton and Fleck with Fleck a little more advanced of the three. From a defensive point of view i think we have the players so just need some organisation there. Wood and malaga for me but not seen enough of Malaga, edge gives me the shiffers. kilbane at left back to steady things is ok with me.

I still think the squad is strong. I really think Robbins will turn it around starting sat.

Tank Top

You have to ask....Why was Andy Thorn allowed to blow the entire transfer Budget, and then sacked after three games, this leaves new manager with zero options regarding the transfer market, despite the complementary comments made by the managers interviewed, regarding the quality and capability of our present squad
it is almost certain that Mark Robins will want to bring in his own choice of players, the question is, will our owners break with their normal policy, and find new Money for the new Manager to spend.
I welcome Mark to the job, and wish him good fortune, lets all hope that he gets more support at board Level that the recent trail of managers who have come and gone to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread