I don't understand the Thorns doing his best brigade?! (3 Viewers)

skybluesteve76

Thorn maybe a lovely man, I don't know, I've never met him. Can't believe so many people on here have either.
I don't care if he's doing his best, that's a totally defeatist attitude.
If something's not right, you do it differently, you change it until it works.
This is the future of our football club.
I said months ago that with this man in charge, we will get relegated. What have we got to lose by bringing in a new manager?
How do do many people know that SISU aren't in a position to do this or that they won't do it?

All the best

Nick

Administrator
If we advertised the job with his wage we would get better managers apply!

I dont know who has applied in the past but there are managers out of work or further down tge leagues who could come in!

Trying his best is a lame excuse.

Gaz

This is a great idea !
Why did no one think of it before ?

Let's sack the manager and then sack the next one and the next one and the next one and the ....

Nick

Administrator
This is a great idea !

Let's sack the manager and then sack the next one and the next one and the next one and the ....

So because we sacked in the past and thorn is a nice bloke we should keep him? What about the results? Our league position?

Gaz

The reason Our results and league position are what they are is up for debate though for me.
Is it because we have a poor manager ?

Is it because we have got rid of our better players and not reinvested ?

Is it a combination of both ?

My view is that the lack of investment is the reason we are where we are and if we had Coleman or Hoofryd running the show then it would be a dam sight worse in my opinion.

Where does the' Thorns a nice bloke so he shouldn't be sacked line come from every time ?
Because it's not coming from the fans who want him to stay.
It's just a poor attempt from anti Thorn fans to claim thats why others want him to stay

Gaz

I'm glad he is trying his best.
But back to the point, let's sack the manager and then sack the next one too !
It's the way forward and the future !

Nick

Administrator
I'm glad he is trying his best.
But back to the point, let's sack the manager and then sack the next one too !
It's the way forward and the future !

If I was trying to do a job and I was bad at it, I would be sacked. Why is it any different?

If he is such a great manager, why does he not walk if his hands are tied so much and he is being treated so badly? Surely he will easily get a managers job?

Bloodnut1964

This is only my opinion for what it's worth.
I think Andy Thorn has been dealt a lousy hand and was ALWAYS on a hiding to nothing, the bottom line in my opinion is the players aren't good enough.
What Andy Thorn is trying to do is play football the way it should be played, again in my opinion.
It's not his fault the players aren't good enough, it's not his fault the players lose concentration or run out of steam at the end of a game, it's not Thorns fault all our best players have been sold from underneath him, it's not Thorns fault that no money has been invested in the club to bring in better players.
Now before anyone says Thorns tactics are wrong and we would be doing better if he changed them, first of all, you don't know that and secondly if the players aren't good enough it don't matter what tactics you use you will lose.

Nick

Administrator
I think Andy Thorn has been dealt a lousy hand and was ALWAYS on a hiding to nothing, the bottom line in my opinion is the players aren't good enough.
What Andy Thorn is trying to do is play football the way it should be played, again in my opinion.
It's not his fault the players aren't good enough, it's not his fault the players lose concentration or run out of steam at the end of a game, it's not Thorns fault all our best players have been sold from underneath him, it's not Thorns fault that no money has been invested in the club to bring in better players.
Now before anyone says Thorns tactics are wrong and we would be doing better if he changed them, first of all, you don't know that and secondly if the players aren't good enough it don't matter what tactics you use you will lose.

So if the players are not good enough for his tactics, surely he should change them to suit what we do have? It is like trying to play like barca without their players?

Pretty sure yesterday he changed the tactics at half time and kept 4 3 3 all of the second half?

CUS Wyken

The players are good enough... We wouldnt be taking the leads in so many If they weren't

Gaz

If I was trying to do a job and I was bad at it, I would be sacked. Why is it any different?

If he is such a great manager, why does he not walk if his hands are tied so much and he is being treated so badly? Surely he will easily get a managers job?

No one is saying he is a great manager, but he is better than what we have had over the last 10 years for me.

Is Thorn bad at his job like you claim or is it because his budget is so short of what is neede in this league.

If you don't sell any cars because all the cars are crap does that make you a bad salesman ?

Nick

Administrator
No one is saying he is a great manager, but he is better than what we have had over the last 10 years for me.

Is Thorn bad at his job like you claim or is it because his budget is so short of what is neede in this league.

If you don't sell any cars because all the cars are crap does that make you a bad salesman ?

Yes, it does as you should be able to sell them and do deals to sell them to the target people!

What in your opinion makes him the best in 10 years for you?

Bloodnut1964

So if the players are not good enough for his tactics, surely he should change them to suit what we do have? It is like trying to play like barca without their players?

Pretty sure yesterday he changed the tactics at half time and kept 4 3 3 all of the second half?

As I said before, if the players aren't good enough it don't matter what tactics you use.

Nick

Administrator
As I said before, if the players aren't good enough it don't matter what tactics you use.

Do you honestly thing tactics dont have a say? Did you notice a change when we went 4 4 3 yesterday?

You said thorn wants to play a way that the players are not good enough for, if the players dont fit the tactics then change one of them and we cant change players so its a change of tactics.

Bloodnut1964

Do you honestly thing tactics dont have a say? Did you notice a change when we went 4 4 3 yesterday?

You said thorn wants to play a way that the players are not good enough for, if the players dont fit the tactics then change one of them and we cant change players so its a change of tactics.

Please show me where I said that?

I said something like Thorn wants to play football the way it should be played.
And that the players aren't good enough no matter what tactics you use.

Is this thread a joke?

No Manager in their right mind would work for SISU. We were already destined for relegation in July when SISU destroyed the squad, whoever the Manager was!

It is to Thorn's credit that we are clinging to the slimmest chance of survival.

ccfcway

just out of curiosuty, when the fans wanted Thorn as the mnager, who else was out of work at the time that could hve been in the frame ?, would be interesting to see where they are now

lordsummerisle

This is a great idea !

Maybe we should just start appointing decent managers, rather than lets appoint a crap manager, then appoint another crap manager, then the next one and the next one and the...

Nick

Administrator
Is this thread a joke?

No Manager in their right mind would work for SISU. We were already destined for relegation in July when SISU destroyed the squad, whoever the Manager was!

It is to Thorn's credit that we are clinging to the slimmest chance of survival.

I am pretty sure plenty would! Why is it to his credit?

CUS Wyken

So by your own admittance if they are good enough they should hold on to the lead, results don't lie, we can't keep on being unlucky.

If you can be winning till the 87th minute then professional footballers should hold onto it.

21 points weve dropped after taking the lead. The players are good enough. It's the manager who's not.

Gaz

Yes, it does as you should be able to sell them and do deals to sell them to the target people!

What in your opinion makes him the best in 10 years for you?

Thorn isnt Jesus, he isn't going to turn water into wine.

I rate Thorn as the best we have had over the last 10 years as for the first time we look like a football side, it's not just hit and hope where the other team keeps coming at us because we just boot it up field.
With some quality in the side I really would believe in challenging the top six.
And I think the end of last season showed that.

CUS Wyken

I rate Thorn as the best we have had over the last 10 years as for the first time we look like a football side, it's not just hit and hope where the other team keeps coming at us because we just boot it up field.
With some quality in the side I really would believe in challenging the top six.

The form towards end of last season was average. Nothing special. The football is not great under thorn. Teams let us play in our own half. Once we get to the last 3rd its panic mode.

Nick

Administrator

Is a footballing side really one who plays across the back 4? I am pretty sure we looked more dangerous yesterday and against boro when we went direct!

Yes, we can pass it across our defence or in our half, that doesnt make us a footballing side it is other teams letting us play!

Gaz

Maybe we should just start appointing decent managers, rather than lets appoint a crap manager, then appoint another crap manager, then the next one and the next one and the...

But then what would people like you moan at ?

BrisbaneBronco

He will not walk because he has bills to pay and a responsibility to his family, like most of us.

Nick

Administrator
He will not walk because he has bills to pay and a responsibility to his family, like most of us.

If he was that good a manager as some say he would walk into another job so he would not have to worry surely?

If i was amazing at my job and i hated it id walk out straight into a new one rather than keep moaning.

If he was that good a manager as some say he would walk into another job so he would not have to worry surely?

If i was amazing at my job and i hated it id walk out straight into a new one rather than keep moaning.

Yes that's right because job security doesn't exist in the world of football. :facepalm:

Grendel

And this of course is the point that never get's answered. According to one observer on here Thorn is the best manager we have had in the last 10 years. Well all of those managers have been re-employed in a managerial capacity again. One even managers a national team. So if Thorn is the best manager in a decade he surely would resign now safe in the knowledge a man of his many talents will immediately be snapped up by another club.

Perhaps he does not share his supporter' view of his own talents.

Users who are viewing this thread