i Article (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

hill83

Bizarre article - the club’s current success on the pitch is primarily down to Robins and the team management, there hasn’t been much evidence of a Doug King effect at all so far. The big problems facing the club remain as yet unsolved.

That’s pretty much what the article says though.

NortonSkyBlue

We are a special club, we are truly cursed and blessed, we are haunted by our recent past yet still have found a way to rise.
I find it bizarre that with all the management Merry-go-round, our unfashionable leader has not been courted to distraction by better opportunities, grateful yet surprised. Robins has earned the respect of his contemporaries and peers and in a results based game has delivered time after time. For us.
Disappointment has followed us like a bad smell for so long that the even the most optimistic are waiting for the fall but we should reflect on the progress made and be amazed at the journey.
I see the usual suspects are already finding fault with the article. Maybe they were happier being unhappy?

long way home

Right that's it lets go back to Tim Fishers amazing charm and wit and Joys death defying love and understanding of the what the game means to a City and its people. Im sick of this King already, never sticks to his word, constantly making false promises and is about to cash in on some of our better players without any attempt to keep them, been here 6 months and done nothing that shows the club is on a better path..

Anyone got the number of text a sub guy, maybe that fella who sat in the stand for months without anyone knowing he was the chairman . Or the one that turned up in Spain in shorts and his clipboard and then sat on the bench come a game day in shorts with his clipboard. Remember them days when we were skipping to home games in other peoples cities, thinking about what special thing the owners would do next....

Biggest game in years and a positive article on how we are turning the club round with a new owner potentially being the final piece in the jigsaw and some want to complain..

SBT

Well if King hadn't come in in Jan, Vik would've been gone which would have completely derailed our season. So he's not wrong

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Well I’m not sure we can know that for certain - not that it’s mentioned in the article either way.

Last edited:

SBT

I don't really understand why you're complaining

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I suppose I just find the Doug King euphoria to be a little odd/premature, and I’d rather see the real architects of our success (Robins and the players) get the proper credit in the media. Anyone reading that headline/article would assume King has turned our season around - I don’t think that’s really right at all.

Sky Blue Pete

We are a special club, we are truly cursed and blessed, we are haunted by our recent past yet still have found a way to rise.
I find it bizarre that with all the management Merry-go-round, our unfashionable leader has not been courted to distraction by better opportunities, grateful yet surprised. Robins has earned the respect of his contemporaries and peers and in a results based game has delivered time after time. For us.
Disappointment has followed us like a bad smell for so long that the even the most optimistic are waiting for the fall but we should reflect on the progress made and be amazed at the journey.
I see the usual suspects are already finding fault with the article. Maybe they were happier being unhappy?
You don’t know of courev

hill83

I suppose I just find the Doug King euphoria to be a little odd/premature, and I’d rather see the real architects of our success (Robins and the players) get the proper credit in the media. Anyone reading that headline/article would assume King has turned our season around - I don’t think that’s really right at all.

It’s one of those where the title doesn’t really match the article so I do get what you are saying. Even the article premise using the “3 main factors” doesn’t really follow up with saying it’s Doug that did it.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Well I’m not sure we can know that for certain - not that it’s mentioned in the article either way.

I think we can. SISU had zero interest or capability for that matter to bridge the gap this season. The forced Dom Hyam sale is physical proof of that.

Where else did you envisage the money coming from in order to see the club through until the end of the season if not from further sales?

Grendel

It says there are three main factors - to put Doug King up there with Gyokeres and Robins is laughable.

It remains to be seen how king plays out but without his interjection it’s safe to say we wouldn’t be here at Blackburn looking at play offs

Users who are viewing this thread