I am starting to believe (3 Viewers)

hopesprings

Just seen on sky sports news that Moussa has signed a new 18 month deal!!!:p Is it possible that sissu are actually starting to put together at least a medium term plan that could by backing MR get us to the stage where we are back with the contenders for the premiership! BELIEVE :D

dongonzalos

I would like to believe.

However signing people on league one contracts is a totally different ball game to the championship.

The only way it will happen. Is if the players we sign this season are good enough to compete in the championship.

Then we get the same budget agreed for next year and they get to sign three players who are top quality championship.

A centre half, a creative midfielder and a striker.

However those three will want championship wages.
That may cause unrest in the dressing room.

I just can't see SISU getting anymore money next year than they have this year.

So the question is do we have a squad this season that can at least finish mid table in the championship.

If so then add the icing with next years budget and off you go.

If not we won't get enough money to sign 6 to 7 championship players.

hamil99

Facebook User
I would like to believe.

However signing people on league one contracts is a totally different ball game to the championship.

The only way it will happen. Is if the players we sign this season are good enough to compete in the championship.

Then we get the same budget agreed for next year and they get to sign three players who are top quality championship.

A centre half, a creative midfielder and a striker.

However those three will want championship wages.
That may cause unrest in the dressing room.

I just can't see SISU getting anymore money next year than they have this year.

So the question is do we have a squad this season that can at least finish mid table in the championship.

If so then add the icing with next years budget and off you go.

If not we won't get enough money to sign 6 to 7 championship players.

What you are saying is soooo right it almost saddens me, as I don't see sisu fronting the dollar. Unless they own part of the stadium, I don't see them investing greatly in the team, even with a reduced rent agreement....

ccfcway

Leicester just paid 2 million for Chris Wood, they also have Nugent etc
Cardiff are paying god knows how much for Bellamys wages

etc etc

It would be great to get back into the championship in the next 18 months, but getting to the prem is a whole different game all together

ampthill_sba

I was believing (been to Colchester, Stevenage, MK Dons to name 3 fab matches) BUT the home form is so poor against poor opposition (Scunthorpe & Shrewsbury) that IF those two matches were wins...and we were therefore top 6...I'd BELIEVE. For now I'm happy to have HOPE.

Mucca Mad Boys

Championship is becoming more like the Prem in the way you NEED money to get promoted.

No to MOD£RN FOOTBALL!

stupot07

Absolutely no chance of doing a Southampton or a Norwich, we haven't got money to the strengthening needed to challenge at the top of the championship.

If promoted we are probably more likely to do a Brighton and be early pace setters then tail off and finished lower mistable.

Gaz

Never say never Stu. :)
Look at Blackpool that season they went up.
No one seen that coming.
They didn't have a great squad, they had a decent manager, but so have we.

dongonzalos

No one seen that coming.

And Crystal Palace seem to be doing the same they must have a decent Manager as well :)

Hang on didn't palace do it before ......

Ash

No one seen that coming.

Exactly right, Cardiff have been throwing quite a bit at players over the past few years but have kept ballsing up their chances of going up because Dave Jones (IMO) wasn't good enough to push them that bit further!

Blue Maniac

Championship is becoming more like the Prem in the way you NEED money to get promoted.

No to MOD£RN FOOTBALL!
So let me get this straight. You don't want the game to be run by money, but you've got no problem with people coming on here and trying to rip other fans off by charging over face value for tickets they suddenly don't need any more?

aviles

Just seen on sky sports news that Moussa has signed a new 18 month deal!!!:p Is it possible that sissu are actually starting to put together at least a medium term plan that could by backing MR get us to the stage where we are back with the contenders for the premiership! BELIEVE :D

Contenders for the premiership title ? I hope so ;)

mattylad

norwich, watford and blackpool all got promoted with strong teams that were not massively funded.

covcity4life

Absolutely no chance of doing a Southampton or a Norwich, we haven't got money to the strengthening needed to challenge at the top of the championship.

If promoted we are probably more likely to do a Brighton and be early pace setters then tail off and finished lower mistable.

just like we had no chance of playoffs this year?

im trying to stop being so confrontatinal with u stu but i do wonder ,do you ever think to yourself "i was wrong there" ?

its like you brush it under carpet and move onto the next point with 100% belief intact

valiant15

Being competitive in a shit league like league 1 is a totally different ball game to being competitive in the championship. Do you honestly think we're going to be able to compete with more resourcefull clubs like Leeds,cardiff,blackburn,boro,leicester,forest etc.

Grendel

Being competitive in a shit league like league 1 is a totally different ball game to being competitive in the championship. Do you honestly think we're going to be able to compete with more resourcefull clubs like Leeds,cardiff,blackburn,boro,leicester,forest etc.

Not with the current squad no. Only a handful of them are good enough. Of the permenant squad murphy is Clarke is untried. After that you begin to scratch your head.

valiant15

If we were to go up this season then the team will need some serious investment in my opinion. I imagine it would only be average freebie players on shoe string wages though.

stupot07

just like we had no chance of playoffs this year?

im trying to stop being so confrontatinal with u stu but i do wonder ,do you ever think to yourself "i was wrong there" ?

its like you brush it under carpet and move onto the next point with 100% belief intact

To be honest cc4l my points on not reaching the play offs were purely based on me not thinking we would be able to get the 72-73 or so points that 6th place has finished on for the last 10+ years.

I am starting to believe however you will only be able to turn around and say "told you so" if we finish in the top 6. If we finish top 6 I will indeed say "I was wrong" at the moment I am neither wrong nor right.

If you think we will do a Norwich or a Southampton on little/no resource then good for you.

covcity4life

To be honest cc4l my points on not reaching the play offs were purely based on me not thinking we would be able to get the 72-73 or so points that 6th place has finished on for the last 10+ years.

I am starting to believe however you will only be able to turn around and say "told you so" if we finish in the top 6. If we finish top 6 I will indeed say "I was wrong" at the moment I am neither wrong nor right.

If you think we will do a Norwich or a Southampton on little/no resource then good for you.

i have not said that,chances are extremly unlikely

but i want say its impossible only to change my mind if it starts looking possible

just think SO FAR this season would show you things can change

Users who are viewing this thread