I’m hoping for a boring 0-0 on Saturday (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Worst possible outcome is they nick an early goal then park the bus. We need to score early & force them to come at us. Then the gaps open up.

You mean, like the Yeovil game?

oucho

Yep, same.

Would much rather stuff them. No offence to Morecambe, but they had such an excellent chance of sealing their safety last Saturday and failed.

I would take no pleasure in relegating them, but want the City to win.

It's their own fault if we send them down.
It'll be our fault if they beat us, Mansfield win and we miss out!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

If we batter them like we did Cheltenham nobody will want to face us in the play-offs no matter who it is. Consistency has been a problem all season though so it's anyone's guess what performance we'll get.

Otis

It'll be our fault if they beat us, Mansfield win and we miss out!!!
It will indeed.

If all you need to do is to draw a game at home against one of the very worst teams in the division and you fail, then you don't deserve your place in the play-offs and simply cannot say you were unlucky.

Amcoventry

Who said I am happy with the draw?

Never, ever said that. Even on this very thread I said I hope we stuff them.

If a draw gets us into the play-offs however, I will take that all day long.

From match day thread
OTIS "Not even a draw good enough for you then? Even if we draw and then win out through the play-offs?"

Sounds like your happy with a draw here!

skybluesam66

I think we are all happy with a draw, but should not target it
I dont want to be sitting there , knowing that a goal similar to the James Milner last night, or the Munich keeper the night before could throw it all away

I am desperate to get to the play offs, but in no way will those games be enjoyable

Hugh Jarse

I'd be 'happy' if we are 0-1 down until the 90th minute when we score the equaliser.

That'll fcuk up those miserable gits in Mansfield!

bringbackrattles

We need to be ruthless and send Morecambe down with a 5-0 thrashing. We've been relegated and nobody gave a toss about us, so let's send them down and see how they like it !

Otis

From match day thread
OTIS "Not even a draw good enough for you then? Even if we draw and then win out through the play-offs?"

Sounds like your happy with a draw here!
Not what I said.

I said earlier in the thread I hope we stuff them. Asking if a draw would be good enough for you does not indicate at all that I would be happy with a draw. I was asking why you wouldn't be happy with a draw, as it means we are guaranteed top 7.

A draw would be good enough, so I would not be entirely happy with drawing, but would be happy we made the play-offs and that's what it's all about.

We make the playoffs, I'm happy.

bringbackrattles

If we don't beat Morecambe and fail to make the play offs, I'll take it on the chin as we wouldn't deserve to go up. I know it'll be nervy and edgy, but so will the play offs, so just do the business !

Otis

I agree. We need a boring 3-0 win. 0-0 in the 90th minute if Mansfield and Lincoln are winning. The stuff of nightmares!
But surely 0-0 in the 90th minute would be perfectly fine, because all Morecambe need is a draw too.

They are hardly going to be pressing for a win knowing that if they are caught in the break by us they could lose the game and be relegated.

skybluesam66

But surely 0-0 in the 90th minute would be perfectly fine, because all Morecambe need is a draw too.

They are hardly going to be pressing for a win knowing that if they are caught in the break by us they could lose the game and be relegated.
but it is the back pass where burge trips over his shadow and does us

bringbackrattles

You need momentum going into play offs, its important that we go out tomorrow and beat them convincingly, none of this silly a draw is enough, if you play for a draw you could lose by a late penalty or just a fluke goal. No,we need to go at them from the start and batter them.

Otis

You need momentum going into play offs, its important that we go out tomorrow and beat them convincingly, none of this silly a draw is enough, if you play for a draw you could lose by a late penalty or just a fluke goal. No,we need to go at them from the start and batter em !
Agree.

Get an early goal and then they will have to come at us.

Do that and we can hit them on the break.

bringbackrattles

Using a boxing analogy we should be like the boxer who has his opponent wobbling and on the ropes, would he back off and give him time to recover ? No, of course not he would finish him off. So come on City be ruthless and get over the line !

Esoterica

Went to watch Sparta Prague last night. Loved the old school ground.

The away team literally had 8 fans there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, away followings are generally tiny here even at the top level. Some really nice grounds around though even at amateur level. Most of the Sunday league teams are split by either village or district of the city (as opposed to the pub or work style affiliations you used to get back home) and so have a much more professional set up as the village or district they play in look after them - 1 or 2 of their own pitches together with their own clubhouse, an A and a B team, Old boys team, and normally an U16 and U18 team. As a result you get a much bigger following at low level matches, relative to the level, as the locals come out to watch and have a beer/bbq. I've played in front of 300 people out here in a regular Sunday league game just because there was a bit of rivalry between the associated districts. I think this grass roots set up is part of the reason Czechs have had some very good players, it allows the cream to rise easily.

Sky_Blue_Daz

And tonight’s lottery numbers will be

Users who are viewing this thread