Hypothetically (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Of course after a strong season in the Championship

Interesting, working on the logic no Premier League club would be interested atm given Norwich haven’t considered him, that leaves very few Championship few clubs who can spend that much on a left back

Hertsccfc

Interesting, working on the logic no Premier League club would be interested atm given Norwich haven’t considered him, that leaves very few Championship few clubs who can spend that much on a left back
I feel his value will increase substantially in the next few years, but we will have to wait and see.

Grendel

I feel his value will increase substantially in the next few years, but we will have to wait and see.

He’d have become a free agent by then?

Legia Sky Blue

I agree , we got a fantastic deal on Sam.

Never top flight material

I agree we got a good deal on him, but your 2nd line is ridiculous. We don't know his limits, and given its not long since he came from non league he has huge scope for improvement. If the likes of Jack Cork, Jack Stephens and Ollie Norwood can make it to the top flight I don't see why potentially McCallum can't either.

SlowerThanPlatt

I agree we got a good deal on him, but your 2nd line is ridiculous. We don't know his limits, and given its not long since he came from non league he has huge scope for improvement. If the likes of Jack Cork, Jack Stephens and Ollie Norwood can make it to the top flight I don't see why potentially McCallum can't either.

Agree but wouldn’t put Cork in with the other two. He’s made over 250 appearances in the Premier League and capped for England

Evo1883

OK I'd be very surprised then

skybluesam66

The figures I mentioned are exactly what are now being quoted. Most at the time said sell at those prices. Is that still the same ? Others thought these fees were way over

Covkid1968#

Easy answer. Sell & bring in Walsh on loan & pick up Biamou on a free. We won't know the difference!

Biamou no brainier… but that Leics wanker must be pushing 60 now and for that reason I’m out

EDB3F842-0B80-424B-9B37-C96E93E02ACB.jpeg

Warwickhunt

No, wait until the end of the season. If they are worth that in January then, save for a shocking end of the season they would be worth that much or around that much by the end of the season. Gives us the chance to go for a full push for the playoffs and still being able to cash in at the end of the season.
we need to have a good start to the season which will hold us in good stead during the winter months.

Warwickhunt

we need to actually buy Armstrong from Southampton before we think about selling in my opinion.

SlowerThanPlatt

Armstrong signed a 4 year contract with Southampton on PL wages. There is not a chance he will transfer to us for what we could pay him.

He’ll be loaned out in the Championship next season I think to try get him scoring goals and recoup some losses, their manager preferred 35yo Shane Long over him

Legia Sky Blue

He’ll be loaned out in the Championship next season I think to try get him scoring goals and recoup some losses, their manager preferred 35yo Shane Long over him

Loan maybe, but Southampton will still want a hefty percentage of his wages paid which will probably rule us out. Even then they might give it to January before deciding to loan him out, much will depend how their pre season goes I would have thought.

SBAndy

The situation slightly reminds me of when Che Adams went there and didn’t really get much of a game in his first season. He was a couple of years younger, granted, but may follow a similar track.

Users who are viewing this thread