skybluesam66

Top 2 in January
We get £15 m offer for gyok and £10m for hamer
Sell or not?

Grendel

Top 2 in January
We get £15 m offer for gyok and £10m for hamer
Sell or not?

It’s not happening in a million years but the owners would of course sell at those values

Walsgrave

No, wait until the end of the season. If they are worth that in January then, save for a shocking end of the season they would be worth that much or around that much by the end of the season. Gives us the chance to go for a full push for the playoffs and still being able to cash in at the end of the season.

BackRoomRummermill

Surely you keep with it … keep the guys to get you over the line - maybe add a clause in the players contract to make it very lucrative - keep at all costs surely ? Even SISU could we that ?

Perryccfc

At those prices of course we would sell. I wouldn’t be happy with it obviously but any club getting those kind of offers in our position simply has no choice but to accept.

Paul Anthony

Hypothetically, big money would obviously be difficult (for difficult, read impossible) to turn down. That said, the January window is the worst possible time to have players leaving and having to replace them. There's more time in the summer to be able to find, negotiate with and integrate new signings into the side. In the January window it's a more compacted timescale. It just causes more disruption than it's worth, especially for a club like us. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and we can see the season out with them.

Last edited:

Kilclines curly mullet

We wouldn’t get any offers anywhere near £15 and £10 millions. Gykores has had an amazing start but remember 9 months ago he couldn’t get into our first 11 and most fans would have shipped him back to Brighton. He has come on leaps and bounds and looks much better than last year but calm down a bit.

Hamer i think will be off if we don’t go up - £6 million tops

Legia Sky Blue

As its only hypothetical I would say no, we would be better hanging onto the end of the season and selling then if we had to.

In the real world we would probably sell.

shmmeee

100% sell and reinvest into the team.

January is a poor time to buy TBH. We’d get more but would be much harder to replace. I think I’d only sell in Jan if we aren’t in with a promotion push or maybe in the case of Hamer if we think we can replace within the squad until the summer.

Sick Boy

January is a poor time to buy TBH. We’d get more but would be much harder to replace. I think I’d only sell in Jan if we aren’t in with a promotion push or maybe in the case of Hamer if we think we can replace within the squad until the summer.
The owners would sell without a second thought. The money would most likely be reinvested the following summer rather than in the January window.

ms639

I love the optimism on here of people saying no as it might scupper our promotion chances. As a bit of a reality check we haven’t played a team inside the top 12 yet. Our fixtures have been as kind as they could be. Mid table finish and 25 mil in the bank for these 2 would be class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread