Hypothetically, could the council/Alan Higgs step in? (1 Viewer)

gouldberg

Just a thought, could the owners of the Ricoh arena threaten to cut ties with the football club and kick them out of the ground if Sisu continue to own the club?

We already know how little revenue is actually gained from the football and the threat of being turfed out of the only ground anywhere near us could finally send Sisu the message that they are the most hated piece of crap to ever happen to this football club.

Any ideas what the legal complications are around such a suggestion?

I think today we've officially entered the last chance saloon. No change in 2/3 weeks and the club is all but officially dead. We're already all but down, desperate times call for desperate measures and equally desperate ideas.

derbyskyblue

I dont think that would happen, maybe if sisu miss payments on the rent for the ricoh,but even then i doubt that would happen.

gouldberg

Why would they make such a threat?

As owners of the Ricoh, their sole interest is to make as much revenue from the ground as possible. If we are dragged further and further down the football ladder, the football related income drops even further. There's also a distinct risk of Sisu pulling the plug if we plummet down much more which isn't good for the ground owners. For them to make a higher amount of money they need a successful club and they also WANT a successful club. Trying to give Sisu the push would surely help them achieve those goals.

As I say it's only a little suggestion and I have no idea of the legal standing behind it, I'm just hoping for a minor miracle.

ajsccfc

As low as the income may get, it's still more than the £0 from having no team play there at all surely.

As owners of the Ricoh, their sole interest is to make as much revenue from the ground as possible. If we are dragged further and further down the football ladder, the football related income drops even further. There's also a distinct risk of Sisu pulling the plug if we plummet down much more which isn't good for the ground owners. For them to make a higher amount of money they need a successful club and they also WANT a successful club. Trying to give Sisu the push would surely help them achieve those goals.

As I say it's only a little suggestion and I have no idea of the legal standing behind it, I'm just hoping for a minor miracle.

I think the football rent is now a small paert of revenue for them. I actually think somebody quoted they could survive without the club!

gouldberg

I think the football rent is now a small paert of revenue for them. I actually think somebody quoted they could survive without the club!

In its current state it very easily could. Imagine all the extra things they could put on without the football there. I just think the council want to see a successful football club in the city. Turn CCFC into a decent sized club again and the revenue will increase. Just trying to explore avenues that see Sisu leaving our club.

Glen

Lets just leave Ricoh any way we will look stupid playing there next season anyway lets play on the park as our football fits that better

Stevec189

More likely that Alan Higgs steps in to support the Club if they go into Administration or to prevent Administration when SISU finally decide they have had enough and arn't going to get any money back. Would only be temporary though unless the Trust has much more money then I think it does!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Over the years both the Charity and the Council have helped CCFC out of the many and various self inflicted financial messes. There is a will to help the club, there is the will to keep the club at the Ricoh (and yes that represents less than 17% of ACL turnover right now). However I doubt there is sufficient funds available for ACL as a body or the Charity and Council in partnership to buy and run CCFC.

Also I think folk need to bear in mind that neither the Charity or Council have to sell their shares even under the option agreement and that sale could be vetoed. There are criteria to anyone buying the shares or investing in ACL which includes funding for further development of the site. Will take a commitment of more than £10m being paid to the Charity and will result in no income for a decade from the investment

Last edited:

PWKH

There is of course the problem that CCFC whenever it is owned by someone or some people is a private company and neither the Charity nor the Club can legally assist them. It would also be very difficult for the Charity to convince the Charity Commission that such an investment was a prudent and proper use of charitable funds. The Council would have the same difficulty convincing the district auditor that it was proper and it would certainly breach state aid rules and thus be doubly illegal.

Perhaps the long term answer is for the club to be turned into a mutual with the members owning it and having the power to elect the board, just as with the Coventry Building Society or NFU Mutual Insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread