Hyam (4 Viewers)

Manchester_sky_blue

Not uncommon at all, like you said he's contracted to 2020 so if we offer him improved terms then it'll still up the ante as effectively his contract will be worth more over the period he's contracted to, so it's a win-win really for both parties. But obviously if he's already resigned to leaving I doubt this would happen. But I'm not totally convinced he'll leave anyway, it's probably fairly likely but by no means set in stone.

It'll either be an early deal and he rejoins us on a season long loan immediately or, he'll stay until January and then go in a cash deal. I think id prefer the former as if its all settled early doors and we know he is here all season we can just crack on and nothing will really have changed. Hell, if Chelsea took a punt on him on the off chance we could have him on loan for the next 5 years and then pick him up again for free at the end of his contract :)

SkyBlueCRJ

It'll either be an early deal and he rejoins us on a season long loan immediately or, he'll stay until January and then go in a cash deal. I think id prefer the former as if its all settled early doors and we know he is here all season we can just crack on and nothing will really have changed. Hell, if Chelsea took a punt on him on the off chance we could have him on loan for the next 5 years and then pick him up again for free at the end of his contract :)

I'd definitely prefer the former as it gives Robins more time to find a more than suitable replacement. Not everyone is a fan of the loan-back system though after how poorly Maddison performed in the latter half of the 2015-16 season, so I can imagine there'd a split between the fans on this. But with Bayliss you know what you're getting, whereas with a brand new face there'll always be an element of risk that he might not perform. It's apples and oranges at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread