Hussey, Christie & Bigi (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Was very impressed with what I saw of them on the highlights from saturday.

Great running and crosses from both fullbacks, Bigirimana's touch and vision is way beyond his years.

Hope we can keep them for next year, they would excel in L1.

Be good if Clarke-Harris keeps developing, looks a very good prospect too!!

I keep forgetting about Jordan Clarke too, and possibly Cameron can improve still?

Our youth development and current crop of young players is the best thing about the club at present

KersleyDigs

Too much too soon for them this season.

Christie is actually a centre half, which could be interesting to see how he develops. he could be in the Smalling mould (good ball player who can bring the ball out of defence and can play full back too as is fairly quick)

Would love to see this team play a in a cup game next season, kudos to the academy and youth development policy:

------------------------Dunn--------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
Clarke-------Christie--------Cameron-------Hussey
-------------------------------------------------------
----------------------Ruffels-------------------------
----------Thomas-------------Bigirimana-----------
-------------------McSheffrey------------------------
--------O'Donovan----------Clarke-Harris----------

ccfcway

Christie is actually a centre half, which could be interesting to see how he develops. he could be in the Smalling mould (good ball player who can bring the ball out of defence and can play full back too as is fairly quick)

Would love to see this team play a in a cup game next season, kudos to the academy and youth development policy:

------------------------Dunn--------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
Clarke-------Christie--------Cameron-------Hussey
----------------------Ruffels-------------------------
----------Thomas-------------Bigirimana-----------
-------------------McSheffrey------------------------
--------O'Donovan----------Clarke-Harris----------

Cup game ??

...this is BEST case senerio for our team next year !!, and I fear that one or two of the kids wont be here either..

CJparker

LOL, why are you including "Goals" o'Donovan instead of Shaun Jeffers!?!!

skybluegod

i agree everyone slag's hussey of but he is young and doing a preety fine job his crossing is superb most of the time and he is a slid left back.

bigi is a fantastic youngster and will play at the very top he will go a long way just hope coventry dont change that

christie is also another top youngster he take's on player's good long throws and although not the best crosser does have the good odd one also need's a bit more help with defending

Nonleagueherewecome

All great talents with big futures; possibly my fave Sky Blues.

But all have made mistakes this season-as they are young and developing still. Our paucity of alternatives means they have to do their learning in the first team, ahem, MACCA. ;)

CUS Wyken

Tell you something... All our youngsters just know one thing and that's losing. Once that losing mentality sets in, hard to get out off. I just hope this season don't scare them

Nonleagueherewecome

Or scar them, Wyken; burnout is a very real fear.

kg82

Unfortunately that's a very real worry. Hopefully they're young enough and headstrong enough to forget about this season. They need to be coached properly though and it's starting to really worry me that Thorn isn't doing that.

Macca

But all have made mistakes this season-as they are young and developing still. Our paucity of alternatives means they have to do their learning in the first team, ahem, MACCA. ;)

not picking fights with knuckle heads tonight ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Throughout this season nearly all the time one of Mcpake, Cameron and Wood have been on the bench and one of Deegan, Bell, Mcsheff, Baker have been left on the bench.

Whilst in some games we have been forced to play the young player, equally many times there has been an opportunity to rest them but they have been chosen ahead of more "experienced" players.

Nonleagueherewecome

Which of them is a LB? And McPake/Baker/Deegan/Wood have all been on the bench when not fully fit. Given the poor quality or lack of fitness, I think the "paucity of options" point stands.

@Macca, no, I don't fight knuckle-heads, just get assaulted by them, ta.

@Wyken-bloody hurts! Ta for asking though :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Which of them is a LB? And McPake/Baker/Deegan/Wood have all been on the bench when not fully fit. Given the poor quality or lack of fitness, I think the "paucity of options" point stands.

@Macca, no, I don't fight knuckle-heads, just get assaulted by them, ta.

@Wyken-bloody hurts! Ta for asking though :)
Was more getting at the fact Christie has played nearly every minute this season when he could have easily been given a rest, same for Thomas.

That Peterborough side on Saturday had nobody over 26 years old and 3-4 players under 22 years old, average age of 22 and they are 15 points ahead of us.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think P'boro they are better than us man for man, and with more senior starts. They certainly have more pace than us, and a positive culture throughout the club, top to bottom. I'd rip their arms off for Lewis, Tomlin, Boyd, Frecklington..in fact their entire midfield and attack would get in our side, with just Lukas keeping his place!

Of course what a lot of it comes down to with us is that our younger guns deserve their place as the so-called senior pro's have been poor. Sheff is all washed up, and he was our most effective player in the diamond under Thorn last year who remains at the club. A shadow of his former self is being unkind to shadows everywhere! A lot of that is maybe fitness based. Who are our other experienced pros? Keogh, Cranie and Lukas are still relatively young. Wood? Just not good enough, never was. McPake? Crocked. Platt? Tries, but never Championship level at his age, only as an impact sub, really. Bell? Hardly a leader, constantly getting crocked, and even those who once rated him will agree that he's struggling to string 2 acceptable performances together now. That just leaves Sammy-played great for the first month, then playing through injury and having to try and lead the saplings took there toll. A Doyle or a Carsley, whatever you thought of them, were better leaders than him and would have both shared the burden if still at the club. Even Osbourne and McIndoe may have helped.

The only real times Cyrus could have been rested are with Keogh at RB-meaning Wood/Cameron at CB. And AT has made that move several times. Course it doesn't help that Cyrus is also 2nd choice LB and Huss has missed games..Clarke has been another huge miss.

Honestly, Wood (v Forest?) and Cameron have had maybe 1 good game each this season. Wood is certainly no LB, and has been injured or returning from injury for much of the season. I think he's maybe a bottom-end Champ CB at best, which is partly highlighted by lowly Chesterfields interest. Cameron I want to do well, but he just isn't cutting it this season..he looks like he's trying too hard and panicking too easily; the rub being that youngsters make more mistakes when confidence and morale is low than senior pro's do. But when your experienced players are crap..well they make mistakes too. Even the good ones eventually crack (Sammy).

McPake just aint an option at this stage. Love him to bits and he is both the leader and strong CB we lack, but he is absolutely miles off being able to play Championship football right now. I don't think he will be until he's had a full preseason; same probably goes for Cody.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think P'boro they are better than us man for man, and with more senior starts. They certainly have more pace than us, and a positive culture throughout the club, top to bottom. I'd rip their arms off for Lewis, Tomlin, Boyd, Frecklington..in fact their entire midfield and attack would get in our side, with just Lukas keeping his place!

Of course what a lot of it comes down to with us is that our younger guns deserve their place as the so-called senior pro's have been poor. Sheff is all washed up, and he was our most effective player in the diamond under Thorn last year who remains at the club. A shadow of his former self is being unkind to shadows everywhere! A lot of that is maybe fitness based. Who are our other experienced pros? Keogh, Cranie and Lukas are still relatively young. Wood? Just not good enough, never was. McPake? Crocked. Platt? Tries, but never Championship level at his age, only as an impact sub, really. Bell? Hardly a leader, constantly getting crocked, and even those who once rated him will agree that he's struggling to string 2 acceptable performances together now. That just leaves Sammy-played great for the first month, then playing through injury and having to try and lead the saplings took there toll. A Doyle or a Carsley, whatever you thought of them, were better leaders than him and would have both shared the burden if still at the club. Even Osbourne and McIndoe may have helped.

The only real times Cyrus could have been rested are with Keogh at RB-meaning Wood/Cameron at CB. And AT has made that move several times. Course it doesn't help that Cyrus is also 2nd choice LB and Huss has missed games..Clarke has been another huge miss.

Honestly, Wood (v Forest?) and Cameron have had maybe 1 good game each this season. Wood is certainly no LB, and has been injured or returning from injury for much of the season. I think he's maybe a bottom-end Champ CB at best, which is partly highlighted by lowly Chesterfields interest. Cameron I want to do well, but he just isn't cutting it this season..he looks like he's trying too hard and panicking too easily; the rub being that youngsters make more mistakes when confidence and morale is low than senior pro's do. But when your experienced players are crap..well they make mistakes too. Even the good ones eventually crack (Sammy).

McPake just aint an option at this stage. Love him to bits and he is both the leader and strong CB we lack, but he is absolutely miles off being able to play Championship football right now. I don't think he will be until he's had a full preseason; same probably goes for Cody.
Yea I agree the majority of our experienced players have been very poor this season but surely Thorn has to take blame for them being poor/unfit/unmotivated etc.?, I agree Wood is no LB but he came in had a few good games (Leeds and Forest) and then he was left out the side again. At the moment I would like our back 4 to have Keogh at RB with Cranie and Wood in the centre. On the subject of Mcpake he did have pretty much a full pre season this year he only missed the odd game in pre season.

Wasn't there a fitness coach here in pre season? I would say that has been one of Thorn's biggest mistakes in not getting the fitness levels high enough and it has cost us, he inherited a relatively fit squad when he first came in. We are now slow to react second balls, can't press or play at any great tempo for more than 5 mins and always get turned over in the last 10 mins of a game. Even when you don't play well if you are fitter than the opposition you can win in the last 10 mins.

wingy

HE does'nt have a fitness conditioning coach becuase they don't fund one ,we had the guy from Everton for 6 weeks pre season af ter losing the origonal guy to Liverpool and they hav'nt replaced ,that is not Thorns doing.

SkyBlue_Bear83

HE does'nt have a fitness conditioning coach becuase they don't fund one ,we had the guy from Everton for 6 weeks pre season af ter losing the origonal guy to Liverpool and they hav'nt replaced ,that is not Thorns doing.
Yea pre season is when most of the fitness conditioning is done surely, we weren't fit at the start of the season either.

slyblue57

O donavan????????
Fu&&in useless
Cameron lol can nt head a ball always bounces in front of him , fu&& in useless lol

'Christie is actually a centre half, which could be interesting to see how he develops. he could be in the Smalling mould (good ball player who can bring the ball out of defence and can play full back too as is fairly quick)'

I'm not sure Christie is a centre half. He played centre midfield at the academy and centre backfor Woodlands and was converted to right back in year 11 whilst at Woodlands, with Coventry following suit shortly afterwards. He has played fewer games at right back than the other two positions, but at far and away the highest level in his adopted position. I think he will continue to be a right back, despite occasional defensive naivety.

I hope Hussey comes good, but I think he might find his level in League 1. He has potential and is young, but is a bit hit and miss, for me.

wingy

That exactly says it all to me. You buy L1 players and you end up in L1.

Bit like Bolton at present. Coyle bought in Championship players and thats where they'll end up.
Agree totally Cus have been saying it for two or three seasons ,maybe fine while you mix it with 4-5 rated players but when they're withdrawn ,we are where we are.

Colonel Mustard

That exactly says it all to me. You buy L1 players and you end up in L1. Bit like Bolton at present. Coyle bought in Championship players and thats where they'll end up.

That's a bit simplistic. The much-missed Dann, Fox, and Westwood all came from lower league sides.

That exactly says it all to me. You buy L1 players and you end up in L1.

Bit like Bolton at present. Coyle bought in Championship players and thats where they'll end up.

Yeah, not always true, though. Compare Swansea buying Danny Graham, Norwich buying Morison and Wigan sticking with Rodallega. You know someone will give the Westwood / Dann example to counter your argument. There are some hits and some misses, it's a moot point. The part of the sentence I would have picked him up on would be that ROD is a proven L1 goalscorer. One swallow doesn't make a summer and I am unconvinced that L1 will prove to be his level. I've met him, nice lad and holds the City close to his heart, but I can see him being released when the time is right having never had a real a run of games.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yea pre season is when most of the fitness conditioning is done surely, we weren't fit at the start of the season either.

Preseason Fitness Coach was only part-time anyway. That's how tight SISU are! We didn't look fit against Leicester. We beat Forest, who didn't look fit either;I'd wager Brolly Wally had plenty of trouble getting his players to graft in preseason too, given the widespread rebellion he had on his hands...

Even when "fit" in preseason, McPake missed most 1st XI games; he played the "reserve" games, and has picked up knocks again twice. His core fitness levels will probably take the rest of season to build up-but without a fitness coach, that won't happen either!

Users who are viewing this thread