Hussey,Bell,Clingan,Baker + McSheffrey Just not good enough (1 Viewer)

stgeorge1966

Thats my opinion :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

skybluesam66

Agree on baker and Mcsheffrey
Hussey still undecided
Bell - usually agree, but thought he played ok last night
Clingan - now i know your etaking the piss

skybluesam66

in fact- cyrus was woeful last night and at fault for goals and missed opportunities

v poor game, and I would probably give him a rest now
Looked much more assured with Keogh right back and cameron in the middle

Chipfat

Sideways Sammy is ok,, but Bell, Macca and Baker are not quality players they are players that will give you 1 decent game in every 5 with the rest mostly forgettable.

Last edited:

Thorny Subject

I thought Hussey and Baker were embarrassingly bad last night. Baker just gets knocked off the ball too easy and husseys general defensive work, as well as his delivery, was woeful.

torchomatic

And yes, with one bad game a player should be stigmatized with being rubbish forever!

I have to disagree I didn't think Hussey was embarrassingly bad. Nor Baker for that matter. Not as effective as other times, but players have off days. Against Derby Hussey was putting in some great crosses and Baker played his best game for months.

kg82

And yes, with one bad game a player should be stigmatized with being rubbish forever!

I have to disagree I didn't think Hussey was embarrassingly bad. Nor Baker for that matter. Not as effective as other times, but players have off days. Against Derby Hussey was putting in some great crosses and Baker played his best game for months.

The joys of being a football fan torch, you get to act like a female and change your mind every day.

Thorny Subject

There is a clue in the statement of "embarrassingly bad LAST NIGHT" not stigmatizing them forever, not casting aspertions on there future at the club, just disappointed at a really bad display from the pair of them. For stigmatizing players after just a couple of games, see the earlier Cody Macdonald "shit" thread.

Chipfat

I agree players have off days but the problem is Bell, Baker and Macca have more off days than good. And in a squad a weak as ours this is not going to make it easier on the younger less experienced players.....disater looms

Pigeon

Not shocking Sammy had a bad (by his standards) game last night, he's probs getting sick of carrying the rest of midfield and I'm sure it's tiring work. Gael was lost and Sheffs might as well not bothered coming on as it looked like a picked up a niggle last night when he clashed knee's. Hussey's crossing was poor. Baker doesn't get in the right position and loses possession far to easily. Bell's effort and confidence when taking on a man is just poor, however if it wasn't for some of his crosses last night we wouldn't have had a shot on target.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I actually thought Clingan was probably our best player last night. He couldn't dominate the midfield as it was pretty much Clingan vs Bullard, Andrews and Bowyer but his delivery from set pieces was brilliant and looked our most likely goal threat from set pieces.
I hope Deegan gets back to full fitness soon as he can't be any worse than the others in midfield.

ccfctommy

Have to agree with the OP regarding Clingan, had a poor game yesterday and by his standards a poor start to the season.

Needs to be taken off corners.

kg82

Hold on, we looked most dangerous from set pieces yesterday, all of which were taken by Clingan.

ccfcrob

Totally agree on this thread title they are clearly not good enough but then again we cant replace them

Clingan had a bad game last night by anyone's standards. Granted he had a tough task but he couldn't control the ball at his feet. I can think of a few times when he received it, had a poor first touch and gave it away.

Users who are viewing this thread