hussey, barton, the edge/malaga, cody (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueChris

i know peeps have different views on this and we dont see the players in training but i would have started these today over kilbane, daniels, brown and macca as a 4-1-3-2.... jennings as dm fleck baker and barton as cm with attack in mind and 2 up front..... yea we'll let 2 in a game but at home we shud b scoring 3 minimum.... wood and brown are too similar and one of the will or kev have more pace at the back.... i see jennings and daniels were both dm

Grendel

I thought the title suggesting players we need to get rid of and I was going to agree.

Otis

Yep. Those first three an awful lot of people think we should be getting rid of if anything.

Did you not see Lynch's post about the players?

SkyBlueChris

sorry both played as dm but at home we need 2 up front as cody or mcgoldrick wont score enough on there own and i feel we need to score more than we let in... i feel between barton fleck and 1 other baker macca or thomas we will have enough in defence with murphy and the back 5....having said that if jennings played the whole game we prob wud have won anyway..... henderson and daniels not had enougj 1st team games to boss midfield second half......i just feelat home we need to take thegame to the opposition..... lastly i dont know what husseys like in training but hes done no worse than clarke this season so not sure why frozen out... surely a fact he'll do better than kilbane at lb!

psgm1

Banned
I would get rid of ALL these players!

Its like asking which you would prefer, having you left or right leg broken.

I received enormous grief when I criticised them team after the Hinckley game, especially when I criticised Kilbane for not being able to play in midfield and malaga for being far too lightweight even for League 1. I would have loved to be proven wrong - sadly my worst fears are being realised.

But to have the hobson's choice of reece brown or malaga. How very different it could have been

Thanks a lot SISU / Thorn, you have killed the club and my enthusiasm for paying £40 a game for me and my lad has finally gone for good whilst you are here!

COUNCIL PLEASE VETO SISU BID

SkyBlueChris

ok.....he said hussey dropped and being sold... i will agree reckford looked fairly promising but hes only on loan and atm hussey imo is the best lb we have...if robbins can get better fair enough... barton has looked weak in chalenges but ability wise looks to me as good as weve had in recent years and still on way back from injury at home if jennings is playin i think hes best for sitting next to him to spread the play and build from the back.....wud have dun more than daniels whose still young....and brown does the sane role as wood heads everything but neither has pace which egde and malaga does...and cody wud have had bettet impact on the game than both macca and baker although he tried!

StevieM

Some bad signings this summer-contractually anyway.
Malaga doesn't look like he will get near the 1st team now and yet don't we have him on a two year deal?
Barton - is he fit? Another one who already seems to have fallen from favour, and yet we paid a fee for him and also isn't he on a three year deal?
The Edge - still not sure about him, played a blinder against Marlon then downhill since. Think I prefer him to Brown who looks too fragile to me.
Kilbane, how long a deal is he on.
Robbins is talking about moving players out on loan but who would want them?

RichieGunns

Skybluechris:

On lynch's thread it was stated that Hussey has been reported to be the main person causing disruption within the team. Coupled with his bad attitude, I believe that is enough for Robin's to freeze Hussey out.

Fortunately I think Reckard will become our main LB and Kilbane will be shunted to the bench. He'll be used as a last 10/15 minute substitute considering he can play in several different positions.

I can see more loan signings coming in this week to force more competition in the side while the dross will be cut away, either into the reserves or out on loan until January. It's the only way Robin's is going to breed a good team spirit and a winning side to boot!

Last edited:

SkyBlueChris

i read the thread richie
, did he say he was main cause of distruprion....? i didnt read it like that but if true then fair enough.... and i agree although it was only for a short time 2nd half reckford did look better! but i wud have started hussey over kilbane unless what u said was true! which i suppise it must b....

RichieGunns

just asking how or why you think cody is fat, useless and lazy cus he looks as fit as the rest of the squad...

Which isn't very fit if what's coming out of the players camp is true. McGoldrick is fitter than anyone else on the team because he trained somewhere else. Our players haven't looked fit all season so far and they've showed it.

Cody has put weight on and it's affecting him on the pitch. It's one of the main reasons why Shaw didn't play him.

SkyBlueChris

i agree noone bar mcgoldrick looks supet fit but cody seems as fit as elliot baket macca barton jennings and fleck and in my opinion we need to play more attacking at home either jennings with 4 in front of him eg fleck barton macca and baket or 3 and cody and mcgoldrick.... cody can still score when not 100%fit and surely giving him minutes gets him fit!!!

RichieGunns

i read the thread richie
, did he say he was main cause of distruprion....? i didnt read it like that but if true then fair enough.... and i agree although it was only for a short time 2nd half reckford did look better! but i wud have started hussey over kilbane unless what u said was true! which i suppise it must b....

Lynch didn't say it but it has been mentioned on several different threads over the past few weeks, all from different people etc. The thought is that Hussey is the player that's been kicking up a storm about the bonus changes.

As for the fitness, the players have been getting it easy from what I can see. They've not been training properly under Thorn and then under Shaw and that's why they're so out of shape and why a loan signing like McGoldrick is showing them up. He's had a decent pre season with proper fitness training and that is proving the difference right now!

StevieM

According to the bloke that sat next to me today, his next door neighbour (a former city fullback and current employee), the coaching staff rate Husseys footballing ability but consider him to have no "heart" or "fight" about him.
So I guess if he is causing shit in the dressing room then he should be on his way.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
People want rid of Barton already.... LOL. Looks our best player on the ball and has just come back this season from a bad injury. Has bags of potential IMO. Yesterday when everyone was trying to pass the ball around like a hot potato it was like watching pinball, no control at all. It was crying out for someone to take a bit of control and composure on the ball and Bartons the man to do that.

Black6Osprey

Barton deserved to be dropped as he doesn't put the work in and Robins won't accept no effort from players which is a good thing. Edge is poor IMO, Malaga looked the best of the new central defenders and I would certainly play him over Wood who is rubbish IMO. Im still not sure about Brown, I think there might be a good player in there trying to get out. Its McGoldrick and Elliott up front for me or find another striker to partner McGoldrick.

Otis

People want rid of Barton already.... LOL. Looks our best player on the ball and has just come back this season from a bad injury. Has bags of potential IMO. Yesterday when everyone was trying to pass the ball around like a hot potato it was like watching pinball, no control at all. It was crying out for someone to take a bit of control and composure on the ball and Bartons the man to do that.

As has been said several times, the Preston fans were saying that we will find he doesn't track back, lacks heart and disappears out of games as the matches wear on.

And lo and behold we have indeed found the same thing. He does 'look' our best player. He isn't our best player though cos he does disappear.

He starts off like a shiny Rolls Royce and then disappears into the night like a BMW .............(anyone who has been watching Watchdog will understand what I mean.)

Still early days and we should give every player a chance and I do like him when he's on the ball, but at the moment he is exactly the sort of player we don't need at this club, if everything about him the Preston fans said is indeed true.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I'm all for players giving a lot of effort but I just don't think getting in peoples faces and throwing himself around is Bartons football style or should we just have a midfield of Michael Doyles? There needs to be a balance of work horses (your Doyles, Deegans and Jennings) and somebody who can offer some composure on the ball. Or shall we just try to train all the skills out of another skillful player?

stupot07

I'm all for players giving a lot of effort but I just don't think getting in peoples faces and throwing himself around is Bartons football style or should we just have a midfield of Michael Doyles? There needs to be a balance of work horses (your Doyles, Deegans and Jennings) and somebody who can offer some composure on the ball. Or shall we just try to train all the skills out of another skillful player?

Xavi, iniesta, scholes, zidane, Messi, Rooney, ozil, kaka, etc, etc all flair players who also work very hard for their team when not in possession. I don't give a shit if he's a flair player he still needs to do a job without the ball. And if you want to look at league one Hoolahan, the Ox, Lallana all work hard off the ball and provided flair in possession in their promotion from league one. Even Stevenage's freeman worked his socks off.

If we really consider ourselves promotion hopefuls (not my words) the your team can't have any passengers we have too many of them.

If his name was David Bell you would be slating him too

Otis

Also I don't give a shit what Preston fans say, people on here said Westwood was no good when he left.

So fans having a say on how a player is as a player holds no relevance whatsoever?

You think they just made these stories up? Everything they have said about him has rung true thus far. I would say what they have said is very relevant, otherwise we would all just come to the conclusion that the guy isn't match fit.

He probably isn't, but how he has been in the past does hold some degree of relevance. Don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Xavi, iniesta, scholes, zidane, Messi, Rooney, ozil, kaka, etc, etc all flair players who also work very hard for their team when not in possession. I don't give a shit if he's a flair player he still needs to do a job without the ball. And if you want to look at league one Hoolahan, the Ox, Lallana all work hard off the ball and provided flair in possession in their promotion from league one. Even Stevenage's freeman worked his socks off.

If we really consider ourselves promotion hopefuls (not my words) the your team can't have any passengers we have too many of them.

If his name was David Bell you would be slating him too

If David Bells name was there I'd be slating him too???? Please show me where I've slated anybody in this thread :/ I'm here defending a player :/ Also Berbatov is a player who is always criticized for being "lazy" but still delivers the goods.

Otis

Berbatov remains a danger throughout the whole 90 mins of a game and always looks capable of scoring.

Barton disappears out of games to become anonymous.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
So fans having a say on how a player is as a player holds no relevance whatsoever?

You think they just made these stories up? Everything they have said about him has rung true thus far. I would say what they have said is very relevant, otherwise we would all just come to the conclusion that the guy isn't match fit.

He probably isn't, but how he has been in the past does hold some degree of relevance. Don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.

Well no just saying you have to take previous fans views with a pinch of salt as we know ourselves we often talk ex-players down after they've left (until we later realise they are missed!) I guess we just have to agree to disagree where Barton is concerned and see how it plays out during the course of the season. "Coventry City fans in divided opinion shocker"

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Berbatov remains a danger throughout the whole 90 mins of a game and always looks capable of scoring.

Barton disappears out of games to become anonymous.

I know a few Man Utd fans who would have disagreed whilst he was there but there you go!

stupot07

I know a few Man Utd fans who would have disagreed whilst he was there but there you go!

Which is why he hardly played for them in the last year and the reason they got rid - no room for passengers in a title chasing/promotion chasing side.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Which isn't very fit if what's coming out of the players camp is true. McGoldrick is fitter than anyone else on the team because he trained somewhere else. Our players haven't looked fit all season so far and they've showed it.

Cody has put weight on and it's affecting him on the pitch. It's one of the main reasons why Shaw didn't play him.

They looked fine in the Birmingham cup game, well into extra time. And that's against a 'better team' with superior conditioning. Indeed, the only way we got back into that game was a superior commitment and work rate, best evidenced by Baker.

I just don't think the answer is as simple as them not doing enough squat-thrusts; sorry

stupot07

If David Bells name was there I'd be slating him too???? Please show me where I've slated anybody in this thread :/ I'm here defending a player :/ Also Berbatov is a player who is always criticized for being "lazy" but still delivers the goods.

I never said you had! My point was that Bell has got good ability as he's shown in glimpses (2 great reserve pass assists for sheff, goal from the halfway line,etc), but rarely shows that talent, goes missing in games, shirks tackles, etc and people slate and boo him. Barton displays the same characteristics and yet escapes a lot of criticism. He's already been liable or part liable for at least 5 goals we've conceded his season (sheff, bury, crewe, 2x Stevenage)

Otis

Exactly.

If Barton continues to get picked and continues in the same vein then by the end of the season he will be another David Bell and the fans will get on his back.

He has indeed been liable for a number of goals.

WillieStanley

Barton annoys me in the same way as Bell and Eastwood. So much potential (I think Barton has more than both of the other two) yet seems to view himself as this "flair player" but we only see glimpses of the flair.

As plenty have said, Robins should be the man deal with this, one way or another.

Last edited:

Otis

Let's hope he can change the lad's ways and make him a more complete player. Interesting to note though that Robbins was only here 3 days and Barton not only didn't appear in the team, but wasn't even in the squad.

Maybe he was injured mind. Let's see what happens I guess.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I have watched him a handful of times and thought he was poor in all of them Birmingham, Sheffield and Stevanage. I haven't even seen any of this supposed flair/ability, haven't seen him try to create or willingness to get forward or back an support attack or defence. When ever I seen him play his game has consisted of playing in a 10 yard square and playing 5 yard passes inside or to the full back

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought the title suggesting players we need to get rid of and I was going to agree.

Barton, Cody, NO, they are good players.

As for the Frenchies, they can't be that bad if Graham Carr recommended them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread