Hummel praising Covcept on twitter (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Which got me thinking , this is one of Covcepts Kit designs , for me , this combination would look great upon a premier league return 😀 what we reckon Screenshot_20230509_205456_Chrome.jpg

We know it won't be Boyle sports

Samo

Not keen on stripes to be honest. Not sure why we ever went there. You don't see other clubs messing with their heritage.
Man Utd in stripes? Liverpool? Leeds? Arsenal?

torchomatic

Not keen on stripes to be honest. Not sure why we ever went there. You don't see other clubs messing with their heritage.

Same here. Hate stripes.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I like the level of variety we can have with our kits personally. There are some that i dont like so much but at least its not boring (look at Everton for an example of something that changes very little). Even then i think stripes featured throughout our history and even the sky blue element only came in with Jimmy Hill....i think??

bigfatronssba

I would love us to wear the 1890-91 Singers kit as an away kit for one season.

140 anniversary of the club next season so something like that would be great.

I don’t know if any copyright still exists around the Singer logo? The Singer company and its successors ended up as part of Peugeot so would they need to give permission?

bigfatronssba

I like the level of variety we can have with our kits personally. There are some that i dont like so much but at least its not boring (look at Everton for an example of something that changes very little). Even then i think stripes featured throughout our history and even the sky blue element only came in with Jimmy Hill....i think??

First Sky Blue kit was in 1889.

JH just revived it. It’s never really been explained if he purposely revived it or it’s just coincidence that he picked colours from our early years

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

First Sky Blue kit was in 1889.

JH just revived it. It’s never really been explained if he purposely revived it or it’s just coincidence that he picked colours from our early years
Yeah ive just realised from looking at Otis' posts that there were loads previously. Seems like we didn't particularly have a set of colours until the Sky Blue era after JH and even then have still found ways to vary it. I like that about us, even if i would normally opt for a solid sky blue kit like the old Pony ones given the choice.

Otis

Yeah ive just realised from looking at Otis' posts that there were loads previously. Seems like we didn't particularly have a set of colours until the Sky Blue era after JH and even then have still found ways to vary it. I like that about us, even if i would normally opt for a solid sky blue kit like the old Pony ones given the choice.
Oh there you go then, you think the solid sky blue ones are pony

shmmeee

Just thought off the back of this “oh I wonder what cool sponsor we could get instead of a crappy online betting site if we go up”

Checked the PL sponsors and 8 are betting companies and another 4 financial services.

Alkhen

Not really sure I sign up to stripes not being our heritage. Our second ever kit had stripes, of the ~88 home kits (including variants) we've ever worn, 35 have had stripes... Pretty much the identical amount as have been predominantly plain skyblue.

Last edited:

Alkhen

I like the Margate Libertines kits.

1683672030288.png
🏅This Newport shirt is niche

Can't think of a band/act that would work on a Cov shirt?

Sort of done the Ska scene now. The Enemy have had their day. I guess that Tom Grennan lad seems to have an affection for Cov but is a united fan I think.

shmmeee

Not really sure I sign up to stripes not being our heritage. Our second ever kit had stripes, of ~88 the home kits (including variants) we've ever worn 35 have had stripes... Pretty much the identical amount as have been predominantly plain skyblue.

Ive never liked striped kits. Purely an aesthetic thing, just not my thing. I like the solid sky blue.

Users who are viewing this thread