Hull sack Rosenior (1 Viewer)

Briles

About to become the Northern Watford

Telfer85

Robins always speaks highly of him when we play them. As others have said I’d be happy with him as a candidate whenever Robins left.

Played very good football and had them going in the right direction from a relegation threatened team to higher up the table before all the loan signings.

I don’t buy this argument of how did he not make playoffs with that squad. It’s difficult to integrate that many loan players even if they are a high standard. He was building constantly and improving and were unlucky to miss out.

Londonccfcfan

Imo he's another fake blagger type. Hes failed this season had very very expensive high profile loans and it failed to gel really.

And they start again next season woth probably (highly likely one of their 2 best players sold) and minus 7/8 loans. Big rebuild for someone.

Majority of their fans wanted him gone don't get why everyone thinks he's some sort of amazing manager..when clearly he's not.

steve101

You would think owners would learn from sacking managers who are optimising what they have within the time they have.
Whenever I see him being interviewed he comes across as astute, calm and respectful. Need more people like him in the game.

blunted

Stupid decision. Continuity usually wins out with the right manager. Could go either way. If they get in a top manager could work in their favour. A big name or a joker and that takes them out of the equation next year. See Watford, QPR, Birmingham etc.

Speedies_Chips

It's a tad harsh this sacking, but ultimately if an owner of a Club says "I want Play-Offs" and the Manager/Head Coach can't achieve it then you are asking for trouble.

Seems like a good young coach and I'm sure Rosenior will come back in somewhere, but can't really see where Hull will go from here, not sure there is a coach/manager out there that is guaranteed to take them up. Add to that, the better players in their squad are all going to leave as they are loan players from the Prem.

Tricky one for the next guy coming in.
Agree with your first paragraph Robo and perhaps food for thought for Robins next season given that Doug has set a target of so many play offs in a number of seasons. I suspect Doug is expecting top 6 as a minimum next season. No pressure Mark!

fernandopartridge

Imo he's another fake blagger type. Hes failed this season had very very expensive high profile loans and it failed to gel really.

And they start again next season woth probably (highly likely one of their 2 best players sold) and minus 7/8 loans. Big rebuild for someone.

Majority of their fans wanted him gone don't get why everyone thinks he's some sort of amazing manager..when clearly he's not.
They finished above us and we'd broken our transfer record this summer

long way home

They put all into play offs this season and sounded like it was in or he was out .. Poor strategy when it doesn't come off, they will end up in the shit.

The CB is being tapped up, loan players back home and loss of the manager not good for them.

RoboCCFC90

Agree with your first paragraph Robo and perhaps food for thought for Robins next season given that Doug has set a target of so many play offs in a number of seasons. I suspect Doug is expecting top 6 as a minimum next season. No pressure Mark!

People might have been baffled by the decision, but the below from Hull’s owner makes the decision more justifiable. Whether he’s made the right call is one to be seen.

"We like his character, we like his coaching skills, I really love him as a person, but there are some things in football that can separate both sides like the philosophy of football. Our football mind was not to keep it the same way like Liam.

"Liam has a very energetic style of football with every detail that I appreciate. But he is more control the game, a more defensive style of football, when what we want to see is a more attacking style, more dominating.

"In the January transfer window, we bought seven players and most of them were offensive style of players. They were completely with the technical skills of football. So when the transfer of attacking players full of these abilities and the mentality of our coach is conservative, it became not using our weapon as we were trying to do it.

Frostie

People might have been baffled by the decision, but the below from Hull’s owner makes the decision more justifiable. Whether he’s made the right call is one to be seen.

"We like his character, we like his coaching skills, I really love him as a person, but there are some things in football that can separate both sides like the philosophy of football. Our football mind was not to keep it the same way like Liam.

"Liam has a very energetic style of football with every detail that I appreciate. But he is more control the game, a more defensive style of football, when what we want to see is a more attacking style, more dominating.

"In the January transfer window, we bought seven players and most of them were offensive style of players. They were completely with the technical skills of football. So when the transfer of attacking players full of these abilities and the mentality of our coach is conservative, it became not using our weapon as we were trying to do it.
Then why give him a 3 year contract?

As I said previously, certainly reads like Rosenior had little or no say over the January recruitment too, rarely a recipe for success.

Users who are viewing this thread