Hull owner for Sky Blues takeover- an Hypothesis only!! (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/49011-Hull-City-owner-quitting

As found on this thread- Seems like the Hull owner has served notice to sell based on his naming rights want.

...which begs the hypothetical question- (on a devils advocate basis only you understand!!), would WE as fans of Coventry City FC accept being renamed if he purchased us..on the basis that he acquired the Ricoh, as 'our own'.

So lets suggest for the sake of the debate that he conditionally offered "Coventry Sky Blues" as our re-brand.

Yes or No? pros and cons?

ccfcmustang

We cant hold up signs saying 'Fix Football' and then want an owner who wants to destory it for fans?

Wheres the logic in that? Just because we are back at the ricoh doesnt mean football is fixed. Far from it. I hope he sells Hull and never buys a club again.

Evans1883

Its basically saying you would do anything for money , thats the short and sweet answer to it , there are many things that i wouldnt do for money , this is one of them

Otis

Not a big enough name change to not take advantage of the offer above.

How about Coventry Reds and a shirt change to suit as well ?

You see, this is one thing I don't get with the Hull thing. The Cardiff situation yes, changing the kit to red when they play in blue and their nickname is the Bluebirds. That just seems wrong on all levels.

Hull City though, are the Tigers. That wouldn't bother me in the slightest and if Coventry City became Coventry Sky Blues Then I wouldn't consider that a major change anyway.

For me it's when it's a major change that goes against the history of the club and where the fans are totally opposed.

Be interested to know just how great a majority are against Hull Tigers. Hull Tigers I think sounds a lot better than Hull City.

Maybe it's just me.

Last edited:

hill83

Dicksplash Knobcheese Helmetsniffers FC in a green and yellow tie die shirt but we own the Ricoh and sign the entire Real Madrid squad.

Astute

So he failed in his bid to call them Hull Tigers?

I would be happy for him to come to our club and call us Coventry Ostriches. Would suit our fellow supporters that bury their heads in the sand ;)

hill83

You see, this is one thing I don't get with the Hull thing. The Cardiff situation yes, changing the kit to red when they play in blue and their nickname is the Bluebirds. That just seems wrong on all levels.

Hull City though, are the Tigers. That wouldn't bother me in the slightest and if Coventry City became Coventry Sky Blues then that wouldn't bother me either. Wouldn't consider that a major change.

For me it's when it's a major change that goes against the history of the club and where the fans are totally opposed.

Be interested to know just how great a majority are against Hull Tigers. Hull Tigers I think sounds a lot better than Hull City.

Maybe it's just me.

They actually voted in favour. Although 60% didn't vote.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/07/hull-fans-vote-in-favour-tigers

SkyBlueScottie

With Otis, on this. I didn't think what he was proposing was too bad. As they have a strong association of bring nicknamed The Tigers due to the colours of their kit. ( The badge also features a Tiger) However the fact he is selling the club due to not getting his own way surely proves he is not fit to own a football club....He has been very stupid about it all, he should have just started to quietly rebrand everything. Introduce the design of a Tiger on the merchandise, start calling them The Tigers in the press, that way everyone would soon start to think of them as The Tigers.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Dicksplash Knobcheese Helmetsniffers FC in a green and yellow tie die shirt but we own the Ricoh and sign the entire Real Madrid squad.

I'm a little concerned Hill by your colour reference and team branding- other things on your mind?....maybe you need to visit a "clinic" ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hull City though, are the Tigers. That wouldn't bother me in the slightest and if Coventry City became Coventry Sky Blues Then I wouldn't consider that a major change anyway.

Maybe it's just me.
I sort of agree, if he was proposing to call them the Hull Penguins and changing their kit to black and white then I could see the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread