Hull crowd (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Given the current form and the fact that this is our only home game in March surely we should be heading towards our largest home supporter attendance of the season?

Category B too so ticket prices are not excessive and a traditional 3pm Saturday ko too.

It’ll be disappointing if we done break through the 20k barrier (home fans) for the first time this season.

fatso

I think we may of missed a trick with this being our only home game in March,
we could of put on some big promotions, such as kids for a fiver, or OAP's for a fiver, or meet the players after the game, that kind of thing, to try and push the numbers as high as possible.

(Unless there's stuff going on I've not heard about)

We should be pushing the marketing people to aim for a gate of 25,000+

Sky Blue Pete

I think we may of missed a trick with this being our only home game in March,
we could of put on some big promotions, such as kids for a fiver, or OAP's for a fiver, or meet the players after the game, that kind of thing, to try and push the numbers as high as possible.
Still time

pusbccfc

Should be 22k+ but the usual excuses will be out. Arguably the best position we've been in 20 years based on the time of the season.

We are yet to have 20k home fans at a game this season. Disappointing.

theferret

Should be 22k+ but the usual excuses will be out. Arguably the best position we've been in 20 years based on the time of the season.

This will easily be the biggest home turn out of the season so far.

Cardiff must have been closed to 20K home fans?

slowpoke

While I agree big home gates and Coventry City are rarely a good fit often a bit like after the Lord Mayors show, fingers crossed on this one.

skybluelee

Don’t want to piss on the parade ( I’ve bought my tickets ) but the early weather forecast is for rain and 40 mph winds.
Long way off but doesn’t look that bad according to the met office. A bit of a breeze and a possible shower.

Attachments

• A4980A4F-98AA-4C5F-9833-0D739A469CBC.png
    A4980A4F-98AA-4C5F-9833-0D739A469CBC.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 52

fernandopartridge

Where is the historic precedent that we've got 20k paying home fans? We very rarely get over that many, it's an exceptional gate for us over the last 40 years

slowpoke

Where is the historic precedent that we've got 20k paying home fans? We very rarely get over that many, it's an exceptional gate for us over the last 40 years
Seems to me it’s now nearly 17/18k give or take, it has gone up a bit but has slowed, 20 k has to be the next goal, won’t be easy.

ccfc1234

Seems to me it’s now nearly 17/18k give or take, it has gone up a bit but has slowed, 20 k has to be the next goal, won’t be easy.
I suspect it will pick up significantly this week as people process the wins and think about plans for next weekend. I suspect a decent walk up too if its not raining. Some marketing highlighting its our only game this month should help those on the fence to come along.

With Hull beating West Brom in their last game and doing quite well this season I think they might bring quite a few also. Does anyone know anything about their numbers?

Sky Blue Harry H

With Hull beating West Brom in their last game and doing quite well this season I think they might bring quite a few also. Does anyone know anything about their numbers?
I think people from Hull count in beans,

For example, if you ask a person from Hull 'How many beans make 5?' a reasonably bright response would be

'A bean, a bean, a half a bean, a half a bean. a bean, a bean.'

or

One bean, two beans, a bean and a half, a half a bean.

pusbccfc

We haven't, but we should.

Huge city, 1 million people with a CV postcode. Clearly plenty of fans about as saw with two trips to Wembley.

The club has pushed people away for 20 years but now is the time to grow as a fanbase.

This is why it is vital we get promoted to the Premier League in the next 10 years. We need to add those extra 10k, get them onboard and hope they stay.

pusbccfc

I suspect it will pick up significantly this week as people process the wins and think about plans for next weekend. I suspect a decent walk up too if its not raining. Some marketing highlighting its our only game this month should help those on the fence to come along.

This doesn't help. The marketing is really poor and there have been no deals all season.

We are at a stage of the season now where I don't think there will be an offer on. Probably too late.

It will be something Doug needs to get sorted.

fernandopartridge

We haven't, but we should.

Huge city, 1 million people with a CV postcode. Clearly plenty of fans about as saw with two trips to Wembley.

The club has pushed people away for 20 years but now is the time to grow as a fanbase.

This is why it is vital we get promoted to the Premier League in the next 10 years. We need to add those extra 10k, get them onboard and hope they stay.

It takes a lot of time, I think you've got to look at it more positively - look how far it's come from where it had got to. There were >10k home fans turning up not that long ago.

Evo1883

Hull owner has laid on free travel , probably explains the high numbers

Users who are viewing this thread