Hull City problems buying freehold from council...... (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Hull are not financially stricken though are they? The owner wants it to be self sufficient. Oh and he is harping on about changing to Hull Tigers?! Can someone remind him this isn't the NFL !

jas365

I did say it's not the same situation as us!

I was making the point that someone in the media immediately drew attention to our situation, when talking about the Hull story.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Why do the FA and FL keep letting cretins like this take over football clubs?

Gint11

I did say it's not the same situation as us!

I was making the point that someone in the media immediately drew attention to our situation, when talking about the Hull story.

I wasn't arguing with you. I was referring to what I read, not what your opinion of it was.

RoboCCFC90

"Having been deprived of opportunities to acquire the stadium freehold, which would have enabled us to create the infrastructure in the surrounding area, we will now need to focus on generating commercial income from elsewhere. A shorter club name will hopefully enable us to do so, with a stronger, quicker marketing impact over the world."

You can't help but feel sorry for clubs like Hull and Cardiff who have gone through these changes, especially Cardiff. I hope to god that it never happens to us, but I fear had we been taken over by Byng and his consortium this may have not been to far down the road.

lewys33

We dont have the stadium freehold, so we are changing the name of the club!

#BrokenBritain

RoboCCFC90

#BrokenBritain

Very quick assumption there..

lewys33

#BrokenBritain
Very quick assumption there..

Fucking hell it was meant to be a little joke! based on what you took from it .........

"Having been deprived of opportunities to acquire the stadium freehold, which would have enabled us to create the infrastructure in the surrounding area, we will now need to focus on generating commercial income from elsewhere. A shorter club name will hopefully enable us to do so, with a stronger, quicker marketing impact over the world."

RoboCCFC90

Fucking hell it was meant to be a little joke! based on what you took from it .........

I never know when your joking nowadays ;)

I whole heartedly apologise.

shmmeee

Hmmm, chairman threatens massively unpopular change if council don't give in to his demands.

Where have I heard that tactic before?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Why can't football clubs simply operate their expenditure within income?

Then, there'd be no requirement for driving 365-day income. Footballers are paid a sum that's wholly out of kilter with their worth, and when the game they play can't afford to sustain their cost, rather than operate a normal business model, normally sane owners simply crave additional incomes to feed the beast with an insatiable appetite.

Collectively, clubs have to address this problem. Yes, market the hell out if that which you have, maximise those streams and then build a business model that matches income and expenditure in a way that makes sense for the long term of the business, yet community asset football clubs are

torchomatic

True. Sky and abolishing the maximum wage have ruined our game. To be fair, I'm sure Jimmy didn't realise the consequences of his actions would have.

Then, there'd be no requirement for driving 365-day income. Footballers are paid a sum that's wholly out if kilter with their worth, and when the game thy play can't afford to sustain their cost, rather than operate a normal business model, normally sane owners simply crave additional incomes to feed the beast with an insatiable appetite.

Collectively, clubs have to address this problem. Yes, market the hell out if that which you have, maximise those streams and then build a business model that matches income and expenditure in a way that makes sense for the long term of the community asset football clubs are

Mary_Mungo_Midge

True. Sky and abolishing the maximum wage have ruined our game. To be fair, I'm sure Jimmy didn't realise the consequences of his actions would have.

I'm sure you're correct. It's been a wholly unsustainable model for ages, and rather than address this we've let it spiral out of control. To an extent it comes down to honesty and sense from owners too. If a model similar to Crewe's is what they're after, that's fine. Just articulate it.

Too many owners think it's all about success. For some fans, it is. For others, it's about participation in something that's associated with 'where you're from', getting out of the house for a few beers, and the company of your friends and family.

A good number of fans would still follow an honest and well-run, transparent team in Coventry, almost irrespective of level in my view. It's that bit our current owners don't get. Frankly speaking, we all equally know a sustainable club, growing or sustained organically wasn't their ambition. A quick buck via promotion, or freehold for profit seem more their motivation

fernandopartridge

Then, there'd be no requirement for driving 365-day income. Footballers are paid a sum that's wholly out of kilter with their worth, and when the game they play can't afford to sustain their cost, rather than operate a normal business model, normally sane owners simply crave additional incomes to feed the beast with an insatiable appetite.

Collectively, clubs have to address this problem. Yes, market the hell out if that which you have, maximise those streams and then build a business model that matches income and expenditure in a way that makes sense for the long term of the business, yet community asset football clubs are

The problem is that collectivism is impossible in the two tier football structure in Britain (it's three tier if you include the European 'elite'). Clubs just aren't on an even footing, the Champions League clubs individually have access to domestic and European TV money that is worth more to than the TV money that goes to the whole of League 1.

The sort of reforms they made in Germany would help, but when the country is remotely governed by an Australian with a major interest in televised football, we'll get nowhere.

Football was sold out by the founders of Premier League, ashamedly Coventry City were one of those founders.

torchomatic

It's scary and weird to think how different football is now compared to our pretty recent past.

I'm sure you're correct. It's been a wholly unsustainable model for ages, and rather than address this we've let it spiral out of control. To an extent it comes down to honesty and sense from owners too. If a model similar to Crewe's is what they're after, that's fine. Just articulate it.

Too many owners think it's all about success. For some fans, it is. For others, it's about participation in something that's associated with 'where you're from', getting out of the house for a few beers, and the company of your friends and family.

A good number of fans would still follow an honest and well-run, transparent team in Coventry, almost irrespective of level in my view. It's that bit our current owners don't get. Frankly speaking, we all equally know a sustainable club, growing or sustained organically wasn't their ambition. A quick buck via promotion, or freehold for profit seem more their motivation

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm currently in Germany, Torchy; and the 'running' of our clubs compared to that the model that works in Germany of late has been quite a topic of conversation over the weissbier in recent evenings. Hence the high-horse being saddled up ;-)

bigfatronssba

Even Jimmy admitted he never intended it to go this far.

Users who are viewing this thread