Hughton sacked...could MR be a target ? (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Hopefully he is wise enough to remember the last time he left us, and then had to start again at Scunthorpe (which didn't go all that well)
I see no reason why we couldn't challenge for promotion this or next season, with what he has built here, team spirit, coaching staff etc.

Maybe he’s a become a better manager since then? First stint was only about 30 games

clint van damme

What is the meaning of a 'big club'?
Fan base/attendances/number of season ticket holders?
Historic honours?
Large modern stadia?
State of the art training facilities?
Shedloads of money?

All of the above perhaps, I don't know myself.

I think they beat us on all of them.
However, it is true that they've become a bit of a shambles recently and it of a management graveyard.

HerneBayGaz

It's fair to say MR has done an amazing job with us, but would he be tempted if a club the size of Notts Forest came sniffing around with bundles of cash ?
Personally i hope that he learned his lesson first time round, with failure at Huddersfield and Scunthorpe proving that the grass definitely isn't always greener !
Also, for some reason he just seems to have an affinity with our club, and the results...well they speak for themselves.
I don't think he'd be offered a job in the Premier League, but should we worry about a 'big team' in the Championship attempting to steal him ?

No chance Robins has Sky Blue blood running through his veins. Oh hang on a minute 😂

Gint11

Not a chance.
Why would he leave a club that is clearly on an upward trajectory?
The grass is not always greener, as he discovered when he went to Huddetsfield Town

is that the German version H town?

NorthernWisdom

In fairness says they looked at buying a stake, but doesn't look like they did (from that at least).
He gave them a £3million loan, decided not to buy into the club formally.

This is proving to be far harder work than it should be...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread