Hughton sacked...could MR be a target ? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Ridiculous. Forest are no bigger club than us. Yes they won the European cup a long time ago but that does not change them as a club. Everyone on here is still of the opinion we are unable to go further? Robin's ahs brought us through the bad days and now with shrewd transfer dealings, Adi Vivash in his corner these two are looking to the premier league next. Can you imagine the story behind that? If you don't believe it's possible then take a look at some of the teams in this league and their position and situation. Fulham and maybe Bournemouth I'll give you, but others are not way ahead of us. Think big. We can do this.

SlowerThanPlatt

Ridiculous. Forest are no bigger club than us. Yes they won the European cup a long time ago but that does not change them as a club. Everyone on here is still of the opinion we are unable to go further? Robin's ahs brought us through the bad days and now with shrewd transfer dealings, Adi Vivash in his corner these two are looking to the premier league next. Can you imagine the story behind that? If you don't believe it's possible then take a look at some of the teams in this league and their position and situation. Fulham and maybe Bournemouth I'll give you, but others are not way ahead of us. Think big. We can do this.

Forest are definitely a bigger club. Even if you dismiss the European Cups (lol), they get bigger crowds despite us being an upward curve and them on a downwards one.

kg82

Forest aren’t a bigger club than us? Followed by, they won the European cup!! By the way, they won it twice.

Colin Steins Smile

Think you underestimate how quickly football fans and owners turn. Jeez, there are still fans that wanted him gone during the last 5 years with 2 Wembley wins, and year on year progress every season. One bad spell and the same idiots will be calling for his head again.
Good point - Grendal will be promoting Kenny Jacket ASAP

SlowerThanPlatt

They're also a badly managed club as a whole, with a current track record of beinga manager's graveyard. If you're in a strong position at your current club, you'd hold on for a better job than that.

Definitely, people were responding to that they’re not a bigger club and even dismissing their European Cups!

Bad Boy

What is the meaning of a 'big club'?
Fan base/attendances/number of season ticket holders?
Historic honours?
Large modern stadia?
State of the art training facilities?
Shedloads of money?

All of the above perhaps, I don't know myself.

Sick Boy

After he left before and found out the grass wasn’t greener, I genuinely don’t think he’d go. Does anyone know how long his current contract is for?

skybluejelly

After he left before and found out the grass wasn’t greener, I genuinely don’t think he’d go. Does anyone know how long his current contract is for?

Do managers actually get a set term ,surely the better they do it’s in the clubs best interest to offer them a better deal

jimmyhillsfanclub

What is the meaning of a 'big club'?
Fan base/attendances/number of season ticket holders?
Historic honours?
Large modern stadia?
State of the art training facilities?
Shedloads of money?

All of the above perhaps, I don't know myself.

top 3 yes.
bottom 3 no.

1ccfc

MR signed a new a contract in October 2019, partially due to the interest from Sunderland. There is no mention that I can see how long the contract was for. I'm guessing at 3-4 years which would mean he's either in his last year or 2 left.

Sick Boy

i thought i read Rolling 12 months also, but that may have been before the re-negotiation . I guess we should put a £20m buy out clause on him just in case
I don’t remember the duration being mentioned when it was re-negotiated, which would suggest that it’s still in place. If so, we need to look at getting him on a long-term deal - I’d get the rolling contract was to avoid paying out incase he was sacked.

COV

Yeah, but you can guarantee that if that poster says something, the opposite is truth!

I'm sure someone on here said their achievements with League Titles & European Cups were irrelevant, and went on to say that Forest have less history than Huddersfield.

letsallsingtogether

Think you underestimate how quickly football fans and owners turn. Jeez, there are still fans that wanted him gone during the last 5 years with 2 Wembley wins, and year on year progress every season. One bad spell and the same idiots will be calling for his head again.
TAXIIIIIIIIIIII

SBT

Like almost every player and manager, he'd surely go if he was offered a big jump in salary and better career prospects. That's what he did last time, and he'd do it again if Forest could offer those (which they can't).

Offhegoes

Hopefully he is wise enough to remember the last time he left us, and then had to start again at Scunthorpe (which didn't go all that well)
I see no reason why we couldn't challenge for promotion this or next season, with what he has built here, team spirit, coaching staff etc.

Sick Boy

Like almost every player and manager, he'd surely go if he was offered a big jump in salary and better career prospects. That's what he did last time, and he'd do it again if Forest could offer those (which they can't).
I’m sure they could offer him a bigger salary than us and also a bigger budget in January for signings.

Old Warwickshire lad

Let’s see :
Bigger club, bigger crowds,more money to spend,not renting someone else’s stadium,much much nearer to home oh and probably a massive salary increase .
Nah can’t see any reason for him to go.

cooperskyblue

I think if he can see we are progressing year on year which we have done (down largely to him) and keep doing so I think he would want to stay and be the man to take us back to the top flight. He even mentioned about that being the ambition when we got back to League 1 after the Play Off win.

Not worried about him going Forest at all. He can see that he is taking us on an upward trajectory.

cooperskyblue

Let’s see :
Bigger club, bigger crowds,more money to spend,not renting someone else’s stadium,much much nearer to home oh and probably a massive salary increase .
Nah can’t see any reason for him to go.
Same could have been said about Sunderland and he weren't interested back in L1.

SAJ

Same could have been said about Sunderland and he weren't interested back in L1.
Wouldn’t surprise me to know that within the week Robins is offered a new contract with us. Boddy did that when Sunderland approached and I guess given our start it must have been something he has on the back burner.

SBT

I’m sure they could offer him a bigger salary than us and also a bigger budget in January for signings.

No doubt. But with 12 managers in the last 10 years, and 14 points below us in the table, I'm not sure he would see it as a better career prospect.

Users who are viewing this thread