Hughton sacked...could MR be a target ? (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

It's fair to say MR has done an amazing job with us, but would he be tempted if a club the size of Notts Forest came sniffing around with bundles of cash ?
Personally i hope that he learned his lesson first time round, with failure at Huddersfield and Scunthorpe proving that the grass definitely isn't always greener !
Also, for some reason he just seems to have an affinity with our club, and the results...well they speak for themselves.
I don't think he'd be offered a job in the Premier League, but should we worry about a 'big team' in the Championship attempting to steal him ?

CV22SBA

It's fair to say MR has done an amazing job with us, but would he be tempted if a club the size of Notts Forest came sniffing around with bundles of cash ?
Personally i hope that he learned his lesson first time round, with failure at Huddersfield and Scunthorpe proving that the grass definitely isn't always greener !
Also, for some reason he just seems to have an affinity with our club, and the results...well they speak for themselves.
I don't think he'd be offered a job in the Premier League, but should we worry about a 'big team' in the Championship attempting to steal him ?

Erm no and not sure they have bundles of cash either, i think the club is in a bad way top to bottom.

Bad Boy

Not a chance.
Why would he leave a club that is clearly on an upward trajectory?
The grass is not always greener, as he discovered when he went to Huddetsfield Town

Alkhen

don't think he would go in their current state, he has just steered this basket case around!

Would be on their shortlist I'd imagine and I could see him using any approaches to renegotiate his terms here

Danceswithhorses

No, they arnt a big club, and they dont have shit loads of cash, the transfer window has closed, and their squad is shit, and they are going down!
How many more reasons do you want?
This thread is boring clickbait !
Chill out...It's a genuine question, and well...he certainly has history, having left us once before.
That being said (and as i posted above), i'd like to think he's really settled and happy here, and won't make the same mistake again.

Last edited:

fatso

Chill out...It's a genuine question, and well...he certainly has history, having left us before.
That being said (and as i posted above), i'd like to think he's really settled and happy here, and won't make the same mistake again.
I'm very chill thanks, but are you going to ask the same question every time a football league manager gets sacked?

chiefdave

Why on earth would he go there? If you assume Prem clubs aren't offering jobs to Championship managers that leaves a very small number of Championship clubs where you could argue he'd be better off than being here. I could see him being tempted by someone like Stoke or Fulham but they aren't likely to be looking for a manager anytime soon.

Colin Steins Smile

MR has moulded the playing side of the club to suit him and has been given time to do that. I doubt he would be given the same amount of time at another club.
Even if he has a difficult set of results here, we would stick with him because of his previous track record here. That's something he wouldn't get at many clubs.
He may be offered a lot more money at another club, but would he stay employed for a long enough period of time to warrant moving?

SlowerThanPlatt

MR has moulded the playing side of the club to suit him and has been given time to do that. I doubt he would be given the same amount of time at another club.
Even if he has a difficult set of results here, we would stick with him because of his previous track record here. That's something he wouldn't get at many clubs.
He may be offered a lot more money at another club, but would he stay employed for a long enough period of time to warrant moving?

That comes with the expectation though, if he thinks he’s good enough he has to back himself for say Sheffield United. Worst case scenario he’s a lot richer and stumbles back into a club like us

no_loyalty

No chance Robins would go to Forest, he is building something special here.

SlowerThanPlatt

We are like Sheffield United.

Been a lot said today regards statement from Joy Sepalla who now seems to be taking personal interest in ccfc increasing Robins contract wouldn’t go a miss, and Ady Viveash.

Don’t agree, Sheffield United have the foundations of a Premier League club, we don’t. I couldn’t begrudge him a move there

kg82

Why would Robins want to go there? He's got a high degree of control and massive esteem here without unrealistic expectations. It isn't an attractive job especially with their form and months until the transfer window.
Exactly this. Forest is a huge challenge now.

clint van damme

None of us know what he's thinking. He could have sent them a CV when he heard the news for all we know!

harvey098

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is MR’s last season. If he consolidates us as a mid table team this season, one of the Champ’s bigger / more established clubs will come in for him with more money for him personally and to spend on his team. Enjoy him while we have him.

harvey098

Think you underestimate how quickly football fans and owners turn. Jeez, there are still fans that wanted him gone during the last 5 years with 2 Wembley wins, and year on year progress every season. One bad spell and the same idiots will be calling for his head again.

Gynnsthetonic

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is MR’s last season. If he consolidates us as a mid table team this season, one of the Champ’s bigger / more established clubs will come in for him with more money for him personally and to spend on his team. Enjoy him while we have him.
Who knows, he may want to stay a couple more years he may not!

Happy_Martian

Robins is under contract with us so Forest would have to pay some comp to get him. There's plenty of reasonable managers around that are free so they'll get someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread