Huddersfield sign new keeper (3 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I am still waiting for the same answer. When did we offer him a contract? In between nights so will look into it in a couple of days if you like. But you are still trying to say he turned us down when he had nothing to turn down.
Maybe Murphy made it clear that he was no longer interested in receiving such an offer at that point or maybe they had informal discussions with Murphy that never materialised into a formal offer because they knew from previous discussions/negotiations it was a no goer.

Murphy left because the deal he recieved was better than staying with us.

Grendel

So you are now ignoring the facts that we have been debating and are now saying that he went there to be No.2 and not aim to be No.1? He waited another month without an offer. Would you wait about forever if you were on a temporary contract that was about to run out without getting an offer of more work if you got an offer elsewhere? I suppose you would as it would help you out here :facepalm:

Waggott claims they offered him a deal and that Murphy took the higher wages.

The point is footballers like to keep fans on board and will justify departure due to lack of interest from the existing club. Hence his gobbledegook statement about needing to be still playing football but signing as a reserve at another club.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just had a quick look at the links you posted.

So on the 4th of May he said he hadn't received an offer.

5th May Pressley says there won't be a bomb squad.

12th June he is in talks with Huddersfield.

So your proof is that it took him over a month from saying he hadn't had an offer from our club to being close to joining Huddersfield? Explain to me how your proof works out and I will admit you are right and I am wrong. Tell me what offer he got from our club before starting to look elsewhere. And what a surprise that Grendel agrees with facts that are not there.
Did you even look at them
4th May Murphy says he hasn't received offer and will begin discussions on the Monday
5th May Pressley says “With regards to Joe we have made it clear, not just today but in the past few weeks, that we would very much like him to stay with us,” he added.
“His contract with us, however, runs up to the end of June so we will continue to do all we can.
12th June Waggot says “Joe was one of the Championship players in our squad who had a reasonably good deal at the club, so I think he and his agent are looking at other options and seeing if they are more attractive than staying another year or so with us.”
17th June when he has left He said: “We worked hard to keep Joe but the pull of Championship football and the improved deal that brings made it difficult.
How about listing the dates on where our club said that it was trying to sign him. Were they before he went to the local rag like I said?

No they weren't the club weren't making offers before the end of the season so as they wanted to ensure league status before making offers that they wouldn't be able to pay if they were relegated which is understandable, so this made up agreement/promise of a contract offer before then is bull.

The season ended on 3rd May. On 4th May Murphy says he has received no offer and will have discussions on Monday. On 5th May Pressley says they want to keep him. It seems apparent to me from the links I posted that discussions began on 5th May and broke down sometime between 5th May and when he signed for Huddersfield.

Last edited:

Grendel

4th May Murphy says he hasn't received offer and will begin discussions on the Monday
5th May Pressley says “With regards to Joe we have made it clear, not just today but in the past few weeks, that we would very much like him to stay with us,” he added.
“His contract with us, however, runs up to the end of June so we will continue to do all we can.
12th June Waggot says “Joe was one of the Championship players in our squad who had a reasonably good deal at the club, so I think he and his agent are looking at other options and seeing if they are more attractive than staying another year or so with us.”
17th June when he has left He said: “We worked hard to keep Joe but the pull of Championship football and the improved deal that brings made it difficult.

No they weren't the club weren't making offers before the end of the season so as they wanted to ensure league status before making offers that they wouldn't be able to pay if they were relegated which is understandable, so this made up agreement/promise of a contract offer before then is bull.

The season ended on 3rd May. On 4th May Murphy says he has received no offer and will have discussions on Monday. On 5th May Pressley says they want to keep him. It seems apparent to me that discussions began on 5th May and broke down sometime between 5th May and when he signed for Huddersfield.

Don't bother. I don't think he can read. The other day he posted something as supposed evidence to prove him correct when it proved the opposite. Get involved in an argument with Obtuse at your peril.

Astute

The season ended on 3rd May. On 4th May Murphy says he has received no offer and will have discussions on Monday. On 5th May Pressley says they want to keep him. It seems apparent to me from the links I posted that discussions began on 5th May and broke down sometime between 5th May and when he signed for Huddersfield.

So the reason that you are right is that they still had over 2 weeks to offer hin a contract that they hadn't offered him the 2 months previously? The players are in talks well before the date he held talks with who he joined. I had a feeling that this would go the way of hearsay and guessing more than the memories of what really happened. Don't you remember how pissed off we were that he never got an offer? Pressley wanted to keep him. Waggott did the deals. Which is why most of us are delighted that Waggott isn't doing the deals now.

Astute

Don't bother. I don't think he can read. The other day he posted something as supposed evidence to prove him correct when it proved the opposite. Get involved in an argument with Obtuse at your peril.

Prick. So what bullshit are you coming out with now? Must be the thread you kept away from when proved wrong as usual.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So the reason that you are right is that they still had over 2 weeks to offer hin a contract that they hadn't offered him the 2 months previously? The players are in talks well before the date he held talks with who he joined. I had a feeling that this would go the way of hearsay and guessing more than the memories of what really happened. Don't you remember how pissed off we were that he never got an offer? Pressley wanted to keep him. Waggott did the deals. Which is why most of us are delighted that Waggott isn't doing the deals now.
Memories of what really happened? Ok then, you were just making it up as you go earlier in the thread. Should they have offered him a new contract 2 months earlier rather than waiting till the end of the season, in hindsight probably yes but the reason they didn't is an understandable one. There's absolutely no guarantee Murphy would have signed that contract at that point despite what he said, maybe he was one of the few who was being genuine but all players say the same thing when approaching the end of there contract. Any agent worth his pay check would have been telling him to wait to the summer.

They waited until the end of the season before opening negotiations and then he received better offers, nothing more to it.

Astute

Memories of what really happened? Ok then, you were just making it up as you go earlier in the thread. Should they have offered him a new contract 2 months earlier rather than waiting till the end of the season, in hindsight probably yes but the reason they didn't is an understandable one. There's absolutely no guarantee Murphy would have signed that contract at that point despite what he said, maybe he was one of the few who was being genuine but all players say the same thing when approaching the end of there contract. Any agent worth his pay check would have been telling him to wait to the summer.

They waited until the end of the season before opening negotiations and then he received better offers, nothing more to it.

I agree with most of what you say here. But he didn't have an offer from our club to compare any other offer to. What more could he do? We all have bills to pay. He came out and said to the local rag that he would accept reduced terms. I know how hard it is to move your family for work. I have done it myself a few times for work. My nearest family is now a few hours away in Glasgow. Next is Coventry 4 hours away.

Our main problems come from SISU being used to getting their own way through litigation. It hasn't worked with a football club though. Their lack of negotiating skills has cost us dearly. IMHO he wasn't putting himself in the shop window by saying he wanted to stay with us on reduced terms. But the SISU way was not to negotiate.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The club were willing to negotiate, just not when Murphy demanded it. The club wanted to wait to the end of the season for reasons as explained, by then Murphy was just waiting for a better offer.

Astute

The club were willing to negotiate, just not when Murphy demanded it. The club wanted to wait to the end of the season for reasons as explained, by then Murphy was just waiting for a better offer.

The season was over. We knew what division we were in. Or do you think that the TM way is wrong with talking to the few players he wanted to keep as soon as he was in place and negotiating whilst they are on holiday?

The SISU way has been to sign players the end of July/August to save a bit of money. But it has left us with the players not in demand and not match fit at the start of the season.

Grendel

Prick. So what bullshit are you coming out with now? Must be the thread you kept away from when proved wrong as usual.

It was the thread that became somewhat tiresome. You know the Leon Clarke one - the one where you said I'd win "most times" and I offered to pay £40 now if you could find one example.

You couldn't

Grendel

The season was over. We knew what division we were in. Or do you think that the TM way is wrong with talking to the few players he wanted to keep as soon as he was in place and negotiating whilst they are on holiday?

The SISU way has been to sign players the end of July/August to save a bit of money. But it has left us with the players not in demand and not match fit at the start of the season.

The players he wants he is negotiating after May 4th isn't he?

Well done - you are now agreeing the points made by ccfc

rupert_bear

Murphy was told to look elsewhere by Steve Waggott at Christmas, fact. Club had no intention of offering him a new contract.

Astute

It was the thread that became somewhat tiresome. You know the Leon Clarke one - the one where you said I'd win "most times" and I offered to pay £40 now if you could find one example.

You couldn't

You mean the only thing you said that was right but about the only thing we didn't disagree on? And that makes you right in it all?

Tell you what. I have enough problems in life than to constantly have a thrush like you trying to wind me up. Go find yourself another victim to take the piss out of. I have finally had my fill of you.

letsallsingtogether

You mean the only thing you said that was right but about the only thing we didn't disagree on? And that makes you right in it all?

Tell you what. I have enough problems in life than to constantly have a thrush like you trying to wind me up. Go find yourself another victim to take the piss out of. I have finally had my fill of you.

Just ignore him, typical senior manager always right and always blame others for their own failings and bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread