Match Thread Huddersfield away (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

They are not a top six side I have no idea why their fans booed, they are another negative team rely on set pieces, they have got away with it today Fulham would have got six there at least.

Brighton Sky Blue

They are working on it. Robins mentioned it after Bristol City game I think. A few look like they need shooting practice, which is surprising when Robins was a quality finisher himself

Godden on 96th minute I expected to get it on target, usually very clinical. Gyo's confidence looks like it's evaporated and Walker in his eagerness to do something while on the pitch is snatching at a lot.

skybluegod

Jones was at least willing to shoot with some power on it whereas Callum is always going for a delicate finish.

Agreed, you know that the first shot Jodi had, if that's O'Hare he is trying to play the reverse pass inside.
Tbf that's not just an O'Hare criticism though. We need to have more conviction with shooting from outside the box. Sheaf has tried more recently. And Kelly tries but I feel more worried for the kids in row Z when that happens.

Would be interested to see a map of where our goals have been scored from this season.

ccfc92

Godden on 96th minute I expected to get it on target, usually very clinical. Gyo's confidence looks like it's evaporated and Walker in his eagerness to do something while on the pitch is snatching at a lot.

He should have squared that, even a deflection would have guided it in.

I know why he went for it, but poor decision.

Brighton Sky Blue

Definitely, a couple of crafty additions and we're in the top 6 end of the season.

Perhaps there are some more Kane-like additions we can go for in other parts of the pitch. But for me we could really use support at LWB and in central midfield.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed, you know that the first shot Jodi had, if that's O'Hare he is trying to play the reverse pass inside.
Tbf that's not just an O'Hare criticism though. We need to have more conviction with shooting from outside the box. Sheaf has tried more recently. And Kelly tries but I feel more worried for the kids in row Z when that happens.

Would be interested to see a map of where our goals have been scored from this season.

The big question mark is over Hamer's reluctance to do that this season when he was making credible efforts even from the halfway line last season.

CCFCSteve

This team is just in real need of some extra quality, I don't doubt the work rate one bit. But help is sorely needed in January

Agree but get Waghorn and Hamer back, Vik fully fit and now Jones hopefully gaining a bit of confidence and things look a lot better. Eccles back on bench as well. We just need some composure in final third.

Obviously I’d love to get one or two in in January but people are talking like were way off the pace which isn’t correct

lifeskyblue

Huddersfield v poor team. We controlled possession, chances etc but shooting/finishing quite embarrassing. Should have won that…but Huddersfield should have seen game out. In end pleased with result but I think robins will be angry esp with O’Hare’s wasteful finishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostie

They are working on it. Robins mentioned it after Bristol City game I think. A few look like they need shooting practice, which is surprising when Robins was a quality finisher himself

A lot of it is down to confidence, particularly with O'Hare. Needs a couple of flukey ones to trickle in.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree but get Waghorn and Hamer back, Vik fully fit and now Jones hopefully gaining a bit of confidence and things look a lot better. Eccles back on bench as well. We just need some composure in final third.

Obviously I’d love to get one or two in in January but people are talking like were way off the pace which isn’t correct

I personally haven't said we are miles off but have often said an injection of quality is very much needed. Which really is all this team is lacking

Brighton Sky Blue

I smiled at some of the negativity earlier
Everyone was playing well and we were dominating but behind to an excellent well worked goal
One day soon it's all going to click and someone will get a thrashing

For the most part we stood watching, as we did several times in the second half.

CCFCSteve

I personally haven't said we are miles off but have often said an injection of quality is very much needed. Which really is all this team is lacking

I know you weren’t but some are suggesting we are recently. Agree we only need a bit of quality but looking at the players I’ve listed and others in the squad I don’t know how much we’d have to pay to improve what we’ve got. See what’s around I guess but people have got to be realistic as well

I’d definitely like to get some pace in the squad though

Users who are viewing this thread