Huawei on CNN (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueSwiss

Strange coincidence.
I had never heard of Huawei before someone posted on here that they may be part of the Far East consortium looking to make a bid.
Then today I see a business report on CNN about Huawei making a huge push for brand recognition in the west.

Seems to tie together does it not? Not saying this is the case and could be pure coincidence, but their CEO when interviewed made it very clear they are looking for large promotional activities to support their push for brand recognition.

Sky Blue Dal

Strange coincidence.
I had never heard of Huawei before someone posted on here that they may be part of the Far East consortium looking to make a bid.
Then today I see a business report on CNN about Huawei making a huge push for brand recognition in the west.

Seems to tie together does it not? Not saying this is the case and could be pure coincidence, but their CEO when interviewed made it very clear they are looking for large promotional activities to support their push for brand recognition.

Just want to say .. being from the telecoms background ... these guys are big as in competing in telecoms network infrastructure against organisations such as Ericssons, Nokia, Siemens, Motorola and others .... trust me these are seriously big players.

In size ... SISU are a grain of sand compared to Huawei. If they are interested, it would be fantastic.

Question - When does Ricohs stadium sponsorship lease run out .... There interest may also correspond with that.... possible stadium name change if they succeed.

wingy

Just want to say .. being from the telecoms background ... these guys are big as in competing in telecoms network infrastructure against organisations such as Ericssons, Nokia, Siemens, Motorola and others .... trust me these are seriously big players.

In size ... SISU are a grain of sand compared to Huawei. If they are interested, it would be fantastic.

Question - When does Ricohs stadium sponsorship lease run out .... There interest may also correspond with that.... possible stadium name change if they succeed.

Very difficult ,12 yrs to run with RICOH though I guess its possible to smooth the way.

SkyBlueHomer

dont forget no matter how much money they have we now must comply with FFP rules. We can no longer throw money around in a Man City style
Hopefully we will all know a bit more next few days/week.

Ricoh - Didnt they sign a 10yr deal when Arena opened?

Covcraig@bury

I'm in the telecoms business and been working on there equipment for 4 years, by 2015 98% of the UK will be working through their equipment. BT to date have spent £312 million on fix infrastructure and rising. This consortium is massive. So sisu need to go ASAP to make way for the big boys !!!

Sky Blue Dal

Very difficult ,12 yrs to run with RICOH though I guess its possible to smooth the way.

12 years left ... Damn!!!

I really feel that if they do decide to buy ccfc ltd ... I can see the FL happily giving them the golden share I'm sure they will be beyond fit and proper to run a club.

I did not know Huawei were the company that had interest in our club if these are the Chinese bidders, that is great!!! ... just can't understand why they are not chasing premier league clubs ... maybe it's the stadium that is attracting them.

Be really interesting to see what they have got to offer ...

I have to point out, these guys are increasingly becoming leaders in the telecoms world. see example below.

http://www.economist.com/node/21559929

Manchester_sky_blue

It was me that posted about Huawei. They are seriously big players and they are looking for a huge brand push in Europe, the UK in particular. They have been making handsets for other people for ages but are now looking to push ahead with their own products.

They are going to build a centre of excellence for recruiting UK engineering graduates in the West Midlands in the next year or so and may even open a production and distribution site here.

Saving CCFC would be seriously good advertising for them and grease the wheels of their business operations in and around Cov

Manchester_sky_blue

12 years left ... Damn!!!

I really feel that if they do decide to buy ccfc ltd ... I can see the FL happily giving them the golden share I'm sure they will be beyond fit and proper to run a club.

I did not know Huawei were the company that had interest in our club if these are the Chinese bidders, that is great!!! ... just can't understand why they are not chasing premier league clubs ... maybe it's the stadium that is attracting them.

Be really interesting to see what they have got to offer ...

I have to point out, these guys are increasingly becoming leaders in the telecoms world. see example below.

http://www.economist.com/node/21559929

For the simple reason that they are specifically interested in doing business in Coventry. It's a prime transport hub for the whole of the UK and is local for a number of good universities to provide them with the graduates they need.

Should point out that it is only conjecture that it is Huawei at this stage, although the Michael Byng link makes it more likely.

J

Jack Griffin

If a company that big wants stadium rights then they can buy them.

Anyway who is to say Ricoh isn't in their consortium, after all it is not in their interest to allow the Arena to attract less publicity is it!

Sky Blue Dal

If a company that big wants stadium rights then they can buy them.

Anyway who is to say Ricoh isn't in their consortium, after all it is not in their interest to allow the Arena to attract less publicity is it!

Ricoh are Japanese .... there was no mention of Japanese in the consortium that were showing an interest in our club??

Just want to know if Huawei is the Chinese consortium... has it been made public or is it just hearsay? Please I hope it isn't hearsay.

J

Jack Griffin

Ricoh are Japanese .... there was no mention of Japanese in the consortium that were showing an interest in our club??

Just want to know if Huawei is the Chinese consortium... has it been made public or is it just hearsay? Please I hope it isn't hearsay.

They are also both global businesses with a brand to promote.

torchomatic

You should change your name to Sky Blue Dial.

dekker

huawei made an unsuccessful bid for marconi in 2005...marconi's biggest site in the uk employing over 1500 people was in coventry....ericsson bought marconi....ericsson are huaweis biggest competitors..

Sky Blue Dal

I remember in 2005, they had called me to see if I was interested in working for them while I was working for Samsung...At the time they were just setting up a base in Basingstoke, so because I had not heard of them, I politely rejected them.

Two years later I heard so much about them and how they were giving Ericsson a run for there money and they were rapidly expanding... So in 2007 I saw an opportunity in there company and decided to apply for a role in there R&D sector. Outcome was they rejected me at the first interview stage .... Karma bit me right in the backside that day.

Never forgave them.... BUT if they buy the club and bring us some glory ... all will be forgiven. :)

Last edited:

Grendel

Amazing how a thread starts with not even a suggestion they will buy the club and then it becomes a done deal.

Grendel

Are you saying that I shouldn't have planned how we would spend all of our untold millions?

Well we'd probably spend £4 million of them on Freddie Eastwood so I am moderating my expectations at this stage.

The Penguin

where has this rumour come from?

I might be wrong, but somebody from, or with ties to, Asia said that Huawei were apparently looking at us a few years ago.

This has then been linked with the Malaysian/Chinese/Tongan/Fijian/Penguins from Christmas Island bid being fronted by this Byng fellow, who said that the companies behind that interest were "major multinational companies".

So while it's 2+2=5 at this stage, who knows? I'll believe it when the ink on the contracts is dry.

Sky Blue Dal

Amazing how a thread starts with not even a suggestion they will buy the club and then it becomes a done deal.

Haven't had much excitement in the past couple of months... surely we can hope its true...

You right ... probably getting carried away ..... but lets just hope.

James Smith

Manchester_sky_blue

where has this rumour come from?

it's conjecture but fits the facts.

Michael Byng has ties with Huawei. He has said that one of the firms in the consortium is Chinese with a major presence in the UK and wanting to grease the wheels of further UK expansion.

Huawei are expanding their UK operations and making a major push on the European mobile phone and tablet market and have confirmed they want to invest £1.3 billion in the West Midlands to set up a hub and a centre of excellence that will feed them new engineers for their R&D.

Guesswork its true but you never know........... stranger things have happened

Users who are viewing this thread