How would you play it now, now that we've seen the new guys? (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

We've seen the new signings under AT and MR, question is, who would you pick to play? (With injuries atm)

I'd probably go:

----------------Murph--------------------
Clarke---Malaga---Wood---Reckford
---------Barton-------Bailey----------
--Baker--------Fleck--------Moussa--
-------------McGoldrick--------------

Hendo possibly to start, but he weren't great v Carlisle!

P.s Please use the 4-2-3-1 Robins has been using so far.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm also assuming the frenchies won't play due to language so I would play
------------Murphy
Clarke--Cameron--Wood---Reckord
---------Thomas--Bailey
-Baker-------Fleck--------Moussa
-----------Mcgoldrick

Unsure on where Thomas and Cameron are on fitness but Cameron is back in training and not sure about Thomas

Mucca Mad Boys

Jennings for barton

Jennings is injured and I do not know how long he is out for, thigh injuries can be *ers.

V Oldham, I personally would like to see how Bailey + Barton get on together, although I'd put money on Hendo starting. I personally thought, in the 1st half, they did well together and it is a 'if it 'ent broke, don't fix it', only changes I would make is Fleck + McG in for McSheff and Elliott as IMO, they were 2 of our 3 worst players. Brown was awful... AGAIN!

pusbccfc

I think the first post from SB Taylor is bang on our strongest.

cmoncity

Wood is so overated for he plays we lose.he plays he gets skinned.he plays the back four is all over the place.he plays silly mistakes haPpEn

dongonzalos

----------------Murph-----------------
Clarke---Cameron---Wood---Hussey -----
----.........Thomas-------Bailey----------
--Baker-----Fleck--------Moussa----------
----------McGoldrick--------------

psgm1

Banned
We've seen the new signings under AT and MR, question is, who would you pick to play? (With injuries atm)

I'd probably go:

----------------Murph--------------------
Clarke---Malaga---Wood---Reckford
---------Barton-------Bailey----------
--Baker--------Fleck--------Moussa--
-------------McGoldrick--------------

Hendo possibly to start, but he weren't great v Carlisle!

P.s Please use the 4-2-3-1 Robins has been using so far.

I think that is the weakest group of players cov have ever had to choose from!

Do we still have to use the players in the current squad - as apart from perhaps McGoldrick on current form, I wouldn't like to use ANY of them!

however,

I would swap Dunne for Murphy, Barton with Garner (without a second thought) and Henderson with Bailey (not much to choose between either - both are poor)

I'll usr the formation as you asked to do so, but to be honest as long as they don't use the diamond it is an improvement!

Sutty

Do we still have to use the players in the current squad - as apart from perhaps McGoldrick on current form, I wouldn't like to use ANY of them!

however,

I would swap Dunne for Murphy, Barton with Garner (without a second thought) and Henderson with Bailey (not much to choose between either - both are poor)

I'll usr the formation as you asked to do so, but to be honest as long as they don't use the diamond it is an improvement!

You've made this judgement based on 70-90 minutes of football?

Or have you seen them several times before?

hill83

You've made this judgement based on 70-90 minutes of football?

Or have you seen them several times before?

Exactly, and people saying Dunn for Murphy based on one save from a 30 minute cameo over a year ago drive me mad.

skybluegod

wood is a good player on paper but he has no form atm i would drop him for a while.

hasen't robins using a more of a 4-4-1-1 thats what it looked like to me against arsenal

skybluegod

however,

a bit drunk? bailey and henderson are poor when they've played about 90 mins each? dunn is better than murphy when he's only played about 100 mins of competitive footy for us? the the rest of the team is bad how? moussa only been here a few days, baker has ability but no confidence same with barton, cameron is still young, clarke is a good player when on form and fit, wood is off form atm same as hussey and most of the team

Macca

a bit drunk? bailey and henderson are poor when they've played about 90 mins each? dunn is better than murphy when he's only played about 100 mins of competitive footy for us? the the rest of the team is bad how? moussa only been here a few days, baker has ability but no confidence same with barton, cameron is still young, clarke is a good player when on form and fit, wood is off form atm same as hussey and most of the team

Exactly, which will be proved when we piss on Oldham

Mucca Mad Boys

however,

I dispute that... But, Garner > Barton!? For starters, Garner is a winger, secondly, there's no evidence to suggest he's better, he played a couple of pre season games (v Brora rovers and Hinckley? Worst teams we played).

LilleSkyBlue

I'm also assuming the frenchies won't play due to language so I would play
------------Murphy
Clarke--Cameron--Wood---Reckord
---------Thomas--Bailey
-Baker-------Fleck--------Moussa
-----------Mcgoldrick

Unsure on where Thomas and Cameron are on fitness but Cameron is back in training and not sure about Thomas

You reckon the French aren't playing because of language? Maybe, though you'd think that could have been picked up when they were signed!

Based on his game against Sheffield United I'd certainly have Malaga in otherwise.

Moussa is a French-speaking Belgian.

covcity4life

however,

ahhahah another cov fan chatting shit.

aodea

There are lots of players with same abilty are very close to it in this squad. If Players are showing enthusasium in training they will play in future i reckon. If McSheffery keeps up his attitude where he thinks he is too good for this division or to graft for this team he does not deserve a place on the bench> why i think Elliot plays more than McDonald is that Elliot puts it in every day in training and Cody probably does not.

For me with that formation i go with,
Murphy
clarke malaga Wood Reckford
Bailey hendo
Baker fleck Moussa
McGoldrick

Mcdonald will play a lot aswell maybe up top and MgOldrick out in wide postion of the three. jennings will come in for Henderson and thomas will hopefully push for a place.

covcity4life

There are lots of players with same abilty are very close to it in this squad. If Players are showing enthusasium in training they will play in future i reckon. If McSheffery keeps up his attitude where he thinks he is too good for this division or to graft for this team he does not deserve a place on the bench> why i think Elliot plays more than McDonald is that Elliot puts it in every day in training and Cody probably does not.

For me with that formation i go with,
Murphy
clarke malaga Wood Reckford
Bailey hendo
Baker fleck Moussa
McGoldrick

Mcdonald will play a lot aswell maybe up top and MgOldrick out in wide postion of the three. jennings will come in for Henderson and thomas will hopefully push for a place.

yeah thats the team i would go with on saturday too

shmmeee

Honesty think Brown is looking better than Wood now, though both scare me. Need a big fucker in there like Cameron, so:

Murphy
Clarke Cameron Malaga Reckord
Baker Barton Bailey Moussa
Fleck
McGoldrick

Stick Henderson on if Barton goes missing.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You reckon the French aren't playing because of language? Maybe, though you'd think that could have been picked up when they were signed!

Based on his game against Sheffield United I'd certainly have Malaga in otherwise.

I am only going on what the so far accurate Lynch said, he said Edge wasn't being picked by Robins because his English wasn't good enough and I know it was reported Malaga doesn't speak any at all when he signed

Mucca Mad Boys

Moussa has played for Leicester + Forest, he SHOULD be able to speak English, if not fluently!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think relegation to league 1 and coming up against league 1 players every week has finally made me realise how bad some of our players actually are

Users who are viewing this thread