How will all this effect our season? (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

How much is the pitch issue going to effect us this year? Looks properly fucked, god knows how long it’ll take to fix it, and even when it is fixed will it be good enough then?

How many games are we going to have to play away to start the season?

And how will not playing home games impact our already tight financial predicament?

Had this in my head as a comfortable mid-table season, but could easily see us being sucked down the table given the instability.

pusbccfc

The club, despite some on here suggesting we are financially unstable, should bite the bullet and throw money at the pitch and any compensation we may get.

I've seen Wembley pitch go from a cow patch to perfection in little over a week.

Ironically, an extra week of training with a few niggles may help us. We'll play the second string on Wednesday anyway.

Paxman II

How much is the pitch issue going to effect us this year? Looks properly fucked, god knows how long it’ll take to fix it, and even when it is fixed will it be good enough then?

How many games are we going to have to play away to start the season?

And how will not playing home games impact our already tight financial predicament?

Had this in my head as a comfortable mid-table season, but could easily see us being sucked down the table given the instability.

Are you for real? Doom and gloom is your middle name!

chiefdave

How it impacts the season depends on how long this is going to take to sort. At the moment its one game postponed which as annoying as it is isn't really the end of the world in terms of the season overall. The cup game I would imagine will either switch grounds or be forfeit, again annoying but no the end of the world.

The problem is if someone comes in to look at the pitch and says, to pick a number at random, it needs 6 weeks work. That would be a major problem.

D

Deleted member 2477

I recon we should make a netflix series. Far more entertaining that that shitty club up North

SBbucks

This can only make it more difficult for us to attract decent loan (or permanent) signings. If a player has multiple options this could be a real factor in their decision making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

This can only make it more difficult for us to attract decent loan (or permanent) signings. If a player has multiple options this could be a real factor in their decision making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may be right. If the parent club has any concerns about their players well-being. looking on the bright side, they could play the away games!

slowpoke

If it’s just the one game it should be okay but we have two home fixtures in a week after next weekend so it needs to has sorted by then.

Ashdown

It has stopped a whole load of positive momentum for sure. The club was starting to build a real good image with a decent squad , two very popular new strips, security in the 10 year stadium deal, record ticket sales. There will now be a lot of deep seated suspicions and fears starting to surface again.
The key to minimising this damage is to get this sorted in a couple of weeks and be playing at home to Huddersfield on the 20th.

cooperskyblue

The whole pitch debacle is nothing more than incredibly frustrating and deflating in terms of the excitement we all had for our first home game.

Last year against v Forest the pitch was great and I thought it was actually pretty good throughout the season, so to see it in this state (through no fault of our own) is just very dissapointing.

But it will be made playable and when it does it will be the same for both teams and I don't want it to be an excuse for results though.

Users who are viewing this thread