How was Thorn at fault today? (1 Viewer)

Otis

I don't think Bury did nullify us though. They were certainly better second half, but I still think we controlled much of the game. I'm also not sure what system he could've changed to, possibly through his own fault, we have no pace and therefore can't play with much width. He brought Ball on, so we could try and be more direct when the scores were level. When I look at the bench from today, I'm just not sure how things could've been dramatically changed.

They nullified us by putting us on the back foot and they started overrunning us through the middle of the park at pace. We should have countered that.

craigSKYBLUE

Thorn surely sees that the only time we really look in danger of conceding is because of that space out wide..yeovil ..sheff utd...and bury all equalised from ball in down left side when our mid fielders were starting to tire

Chipfat

The way i seen the game today AT could and should of made changes as soon as they got the pen, we were losing the midfield and sitting to deep. Now he had to see this he has to act, they brought on pace and we sat waiting for them to hurt us.. He should of gone 4-4-2 and filled the gaps, as the players were not doing what they did in the first half. If you as a manager see things failing you change it, he gets paid to make these decision and today he failed... Tomorrow he may make the correct decision and maybe his players will follow, but until then he cannot carry on making mistakes or blaming players nor can the fans.

It would be nice if a manager came out once every so often and said i coached poorly today instead of looking at his players and stating they are to blame, today in my opinion he should of done this. Today's draw was as much down to coaching then 2 individual errors from the players in my opinion and if these pattern in games continue it will be AT leaving the door not the players!!!!!!!

no excuses today for thorn, even in our skint state we probably have 4 times the budget of bury and still cant beat them. 3 games in, a poor start in a poor league

wingy

There is definately Hesitancy in the Back line ,the simple thing to do is crucify Reece Brown ,he has been poor but is not solely culpable .He and Malaga don't have any understanding when he's recovering position after bombing on,this is'nt helped by the Tiring Adam Barton not Mucking in on cover, in both games from about 25 mins out this boy has been running on Empty,This has been Thorns biggest faux Pas Not addressing the right side as he tires .There were so many plusses in that first half ,the whole midfield ,especially Jennings clicked, the dissapointment for me was the failure of Cody wasting 2 gilt edged chances in that first half ,we really should have been out of sight .

Skyblue4u

Thorn should have been sacked at the end of last season. Did you really think this season wasn't going to be anything other than a continuation of the last?

Baginton

Reactive, not proactive, we were shite all second half and yet nothing was done until it was 2-2, very poor after taking a 2-0 lead, we need a proper right back pronto, also the team is too narrow, get some proper wide men out there

lordsummerisle

Reactive, not proactive, we were shite all second half and yet nothing was done until it was 2-2, very poor after taking a 2-0 lead, we need a proper right back pronto, also the team is too narrow, get some proper wide men out there

Didn't take you long to get in the swing of things!

Nick

Administrator

Totally agree! We should be changing things as and when we spot them rather than waiting for a goal then making a change.

Sutty

First CCFC-based rant - the first of many. You truly are one of us now!

Welcome aboard :welcome:

Gaz

If we blame Thorn for the second half performance today,
Then who do we praise for the first half performance ?

Nick

Administrator
If we blame Thorn for the second half performance today,
Then who do we praise for the first half performance ?

At half time i was thinking about how it would be great to be able to make positive at posts tonight!

Nick

Administrator
I was thinking the same thing. The way we pressed high up the pitch in the first half was excellent.

We looked very positive! When we cleared the ball we followed it out to the half way line and kept the play in their half :)

Gaz

Vice-versa should surely apply.

That's precisely my point, I have only seen the negative comments from the same select few ... still waiting to see the positive one's.

Even you couldn't answer the question that I was asking.

Nick

Administrator
That's precisely my point, I have only seen the negative comments from the same select few ... still waiting to see the positive one's.

The game is 90 minutes though! If we played like we did for the first half and defended the lead and won 2-0 people would be full of praise! Instead we dropped 2 points like we have done so often!

Gaz

The game is 90 minutes though! If we played like we did for the first half and defended the lead and won 2-0 people would be full of praise! Instead we dropped 2 points like we have done so often!

So... who takes the plaudits for the teams first half performance ?

I promise you won't choke Nick.

Nick

Administrator
Thorn did well in the first half as he had the players not as deep and doing well. It is the same old that we go through the game as we set out and once opposition managers change things, we don't. :)

Gaz

Thorn did well in the first half as he had the players not as deep and doing well. It is the same old that we go through the game as we set out and once opposition managers change things, we don't. :)

Well it's a start Nick.

Well done mate :claping hands:

lordsummerisle

Earlier you started a thread stating the players were at fault for the second half.

Is Thorn only responsible for good periods and the players for anything bad?

Surely overall responsibility(good or bad) lies with the manager?

Mucca Mad Boys

The system was not at fault today, in fact, we haven't conceded a goal because of the system. The 1st was a penalty from a wild header from Malaga and Wood fouled his man. Up until the 2nd, we defended well with Barton and Kilbane defending wide, helping their fullback and then Brown was at fault for not 1 but 2 goals down his side, imo, I think Jordan Clarke or Christie, with their pace would've prevented them crosses OR would've delayed it in some way!

Gaz

Earlier you started a thread stating the players were at fault for the second half.

Is Thorn only responsible for good periods and the players for anything bad?

Surely overall responsibility(good or bad) lies with the manager?

So, still avoiding it then :D
You have blamed Thorn for the second half, but not yet praised him for the first ?
And to quote you "Vice-versa should surely apply"

Nick

Administrator
You have blamed Thorn for the second half, but not yet praised him for the first ?

You have said thorn should be praises for the first half but it was the players te second?

skybluegod

The players don't have to take responsibility. That sucks, I know all of us feel that we would give maximum effort for a game and club we love in return for massive rewards. But there are just too many of them...if you want to improve an army, you change the leadership, you don't wait for the soldiers to have a personal reinvention.

if you want to improve the army then get better soldiers.

soldiers have to learn fast in war or they die, if players don't learn fast then we wont win simple the players need to learn how to keep a lead

lordsummerisle

Thought it was obvious, Thorn the manager for the whole game, so credit for first half, debit for second.

Not apportioning praise or blame to different people/ groups to make a stance appear better.

Colonel Mustard

if you want to improve the army then get better soldiers.

That's absurd. If a sergeant couldn't get the best out of a bunch of new recruits (no matter how high or low their ceilings might be), the army would replace the sergeant. By your logic, no individual in a leadership position would ever need to be held accountable or fired.

soldiers have to learn fast in war or they die, if players don't learn fast then we wont win simple the players need to learn how to keep a lead

Right. And why aren't they learning? Who is meant to be their teacher?

Otis

The bottom line is that the buck stops with the manager.

And if it was the players at fault just who brought those players to the club? :thinking about:

I said earlier that at half-time I was already thinking up my opening post for when I came home and it was in praise of Thorn and the team. Excellent performance it was too up until then, but as has been said by many others already Thorn can't be responsible for the good first half and totally not responsible at all for the dreadful 2nd.

Mistakes by players, yes, but Bury were a different team in the 2nd half and they suddenly looked dangerous and we looked awful. The Bury players found more space, suddenly controlled the midfield and were breaking through the middle of the park at will.

We did nothing to counteract this.

Was impressed by the Bury manager's tactics and bold substitutions and his outthinking of us.

Gaz

Thought it was obvious, Thorn the manager for the whole game, so credit for first half, debit for second.

Not apportioning praise or blame to different people/ groups to make a stance appear better.

:claping hands::claping hands: A step closer to praise. ( I think )

Oh, it is obvious, it's obvious that there is a minority on here who are quick to blame a manager, but not so quick, and even some times dam right reluctant to balance it out.
Example being, If it was Thorn's fault for the second half, then Thorn was the reason for the very good first half. ;)

Sutty

Thought it was a little ironic that Bury looked ten times more dangerous after switching to the diamond.

Grendel

This shows how blind you are. There are posters on every thread who have all supporters thorn now calling for his head. Another very loyal thorn supporter stated he would also if they failed to win 1 of the next 2 on Friday.

Do you think we are still a minority voice? Do you?

Gaz

The bottom line is that the buck stops with the manager.

And if it was the players at fault just who brought those players to the club? :thinking about:

That's ridiculous Otis.
If a player ever makes a mistake on the pitch then it's not his fault, it's the managers who brought him to you club :confused:

I think i'v had my fill for the night now .. :sleep:

lordsummerisle

:claping hands::claping hands: A step closer to praise. ( I think )

Oh, it is obvious, it's obvious that there is a minority on here who are quick to blame a manager, but not so quick, and even some times dam right reluctant to balance it out.
Example being, If it was Thorn's fault for the second half, then Thorn was the reason for the very good first half. ;)

So you agree that it isn't the players who take praise or blame for any of the game then?

Makes your previous thread( unfortunately not Thorn), redundant then.

Users who are viewing this thread