How to unite the devided? (1 Viewer)

Senior Vick from Alicante

The outside view of our fanbase at the moment is frightening to say the least. I follow a guy called Ian King who has a twitter feed called 200%, he speaks with a passion and insight about all things football and has written some heartfelt pieces recently on the Sky blues and our plight. Last night I was shocked when he posted a link to this website stating " If you want to read the worst possible reaction that a fanbase could have to a serious crisis just read this". It then goes on to say "Every thread is an absolute clusterfuck of childish name calling and in-fighting". Now before you get on your high horses and start calling him names and saying he spouts crap, he has a point, which brings me to my next paragraph.

How do we unite the fan base under one banner?

The Trust, of which I am a member has its detractors, just like the notonepennymore campaign. Contributors to this sight and GMK have polar views on all topics but are united in the support of our club. My views on the matter are SISU have been and continue to be far from ideal owners of the club, but ACL and the council are as equally bad, I bet Bruce Springsteen got a cut of the catering sales from his concert the other night. I do feel for the charity though who are caught between a rock and a hard place, they want to sell their share to people who care about our club so they can reinvest money into their community work, that clearly isn't going to happen in the short term. As fans we all want to go to the Ricoh to watch our club in what we perceive as our home ground, our owners think it other wise as we don't own it and have no possibility of buying it. As distasteful as you may think the owners are, taking in to account all they have not done for our club, they do have a point.

So the question remains, how do we unite our fanbase to get our views across to all the party's involved in this debacle. We need to get all the relevant people in one room to air their grievances and get a solution to all move forward as one. This is the only way forward, if outsiders think we are stupid in our attitudes to each other then we will never achieve a thing. That's why we are in the situation we find ourselves, yes their has been financial mismanagement, broken promises, no cohesive plan moving forward but at the end of the day their has to be an outcome that is suitable to all the financial players. The failure to find this solution has put us where we are. So come on everyone what's your point of view on how to unite the fan base and get a place at the top table with SISU, ACL and the council and show others what can be done with one voice. Discuss. PUSB

blueflint

easy close down the football club.extreme measure i know but i can't support any other club and won't support anything outside coventry

The Penguin

Have we ever been properly united? There always seem to be two parties opposed on anything CCFC, and both parties contain individuals who are incapable of making reasoned argument, or agreeing to disagree in a polite, respectful way.

I don't think the fanbase has been really united since the days when my dad went to watch every home game.

That was in 1966.

Well said that man :claping hands: I have thought for some time that the outside view of our fan base is of a divided bunch who delight in abusing each other.

The outside view of our fanbase at the moment is frightening to say the least. I follow a guy called Ian King who has a twitter feed called 200%, he speaks with a passion and insight about all things football and has written some heartfelt pieces recently on the Sky blues and our plight. Last night I was shocked when he posted a link to this website stating " If you want to read the worst possible reaction that a fanbase could have to a serious crisis just read this". It then goes on to say "Every thread is an absolute clusterfuck of childish name calling and in-fighting". Now before you get on your high horses and start calling him names and saying he spouts crap, he has a point, which brings me to my next paragraph.

How do we unite the fan base under one banner?

The Trust, of which I am a member has its detractors, just like the notonepennymore campaign. Contributors to this sight and GMK have polar views on all topics but are united in the support of our club. My views on the matter are SISU have been and continue to be far from ideal owners of the club, but ACL and the council are as equally bad, I bet Bruce Springsteen got a cut of the catering sales from his concert the other night. I do feel for the charity though who are caught between a rock and a hard place, they want to sell their share to people who care about our club so they can reinvest money into their community work, that clearly isn't going to happen in the short term. As fans we all want to go to the Ricoh to watch our club in what we perceive as our home ground, our owners think it other wise as we don't own it and have no possibility of buying it. As distasteful as you may think the owners are, taking in to account all they have not done for our club, they do have a point.

So the question remains, how do we unite our fanbase to get our views across to all the party's involved in this debacle. We need to get all the relevant people in one room to air their grievances and get a solution to all move forward as one. This is the only way forward, if outsiders think we are stupid in our attitudes to each other then we will never achieve a thing. That's why we are in the situation we find ourselves, yes their has been financial mismanagement, broken promises, no cohesive plan moving forward but at the end of the day their has to be an outcome that is suitable to all the financial players. The failure to find this solution has put us where we are. So come on everyone what's your point of view on how to unite the fan base and get a place at the top table with SISU, ACL and the council and show others what can be done with one voice. Discuss. PUSB

hill83

He's absolutely correct. Although I wouldn't say we are all 'united in our support for the club' when NOPM is the exact opposite of support.

*runs away*

Noggin

There is no way to unite this forum with the current circumstances, if by now everyone isn't on the same page criticising sisu they are never going to be.

We could make the forum a much nicer place to be though by banning the trolls, but is that what the forum wants? Personally I'd prefer stricter moderation but most probably don't. I don't really think the main issue is those that disagree, its just those people whose majority of posts are just to wind others up. Not suggesting I'm totally innocent, I'm certainly not, but there are quite a few people who dont try to have reasoned discussion and mostly try to point score and make others feel stupid.

We've seen people have their thread locked, open a new one about the same thing, have it locked and open another and still not be banned.

Users who are viewing this thread