How to improve our home record? (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

I know it can't easily happen BUT...

If we put all our fans into the Tesco Stand and fill blocks 21-14, just like in the home JPT matches v Sheff Utd and Preston the atmosphere improves and the players would respond.

It only gives an extra 5% but that's enough to turn some draws to wins and defeats to draws.

Mucca Mad Boys

Change of tactics, and a more solid defence, I think Martin and Cameron will yield another clean sheet on Saturday.

ricohman

Its a tough one, i guess a better quality stronger mentality set of players could handle it and would be proud to be there. But thats gonna take time and money and we have neither if this rent isnt sorted out.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Play all our home games at other grounds :thinking about: :whistle:

Hugh Jarse

We are fast becoming the Arsenal of Division 1.

Both teams have a shit fit when they play at home. Once Arsene cracks the case, I'm sure he'll be on the phone to let us know how he did it.

clemy07

If we put all our fans into the Tesco Stand and fill blocks 21-14, just like in the home JPT matches v Sheff Utd and Preston the atmosphere improves and the players would respond.

It only gives an extra 5% but that's enough to turn some draws to wins and defeats to draws.
30,000 fans at the Crewe jpt game. Did the team respond? Take our chances and thats how we will improve our home record.

WilloVsToon

Or put all our fans in the away end and play in yellow? ;)

I just checked the rules on the football league website...

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-5-fixtures_2293633_2125729#38

38 Registration of Playing Colours
38.1 During the Close Season, the Executive shall obtain from each Club, in writing, details of its colours (shirts, shorts and stockings) and shall inform all other Clubs, Referees and Assistant Referees of such details. The colours so registered by each Club shall be worn for all Home Matches during the next following Season and no changes either in the colours or combination of colours shall be permitted during the course of the Season. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, each club is authorised on one occasion per Season to play a Home match in an 'away' or 'alternative' strip.

...so surely this means we can choose one home match to wear the Brazil kit. We might have to choose this very carefully. It's got to be either Swindon, Brentford or Doncaster. I'd say probably Doncaster to remind them of the 4-1 drubbing at Christmas! Given the similarity in colour of the seats at the Ricoh (and also given our attendances) and our home kit it's got to be worth a shout. Someone please correct me if we have already played in an alternative kit at home this season. We obviously wore the 87 replica at White Hart Lane and in previous seasons we sported the chocolate brown for the shambles against Watford and that weird England World Cup bid kit that was a) rubbish and b) served to prove how impressive a collection the guy at the snooker actually has.

I say we go whole hog and get a samba band in for half time :p

ohitsaidwalker king power

3-5-2 / 5-3-2... (stands back and waits for SB_T)....:whistle::whistle:

-----------------Murphy---------
------------ --J Clarke------------
--------Cammy------Martin---
Christie---------------------Adams(Dickie)
---Baker-----Jennings------Moose
---------Clarke------Cody--------

ampthill_sba

30,000 fans at the Crewe jpt game. Did the team respond? Take our chances and thats how we will improve our home record.

I don't think that a better atmosphere guarantees a better result...after all none of the very well supported teams in well filled grounds don't have 100% win records :)

I was just suggesting it might give us an extra few % advantage to turn some draws to wins and grind out performances to avoid defeats.

psgm1

Banned

WTF???

Ground was FULL - Brilliant Atmosphere - Guess what happens!

It is a total irrelevance about the crowd. They have lost badly with fantastic support, and have won with poor support!

Sadly shouting at a player to score a goal doesn't automatically mean that a goal will be scored!

Look at the times the ground has been full, or at least with large crowds. How many times have city performed well ? It seems it is the exact opposite is true - Cov seem to do better WITHOUT larger crowds. After all how many times have city only had 2k or less city fans away, yet have a great away record!

ccfcdale

Its easy score more goals and concede less, doesn't take a magcian to work that out

Users who are viewing this thread