How optimistic are you feeling about next season? (1 Viewer)

DrPoolittle

I am generally pessimistic anyway.
That way, I am neverever disappointed and only ever pleasantly surprised.

I could even see a relegation battle this season because I struggle to see how Cov can sign enough decent players to fill the holes in the squad.

A player like Gyokeres is almost irreplaceable, hence additional concern.

Underpinning that, I don’t see Doug King intending to throw additional money away. He will follow SISUs plan of sustainable spending.

slowpoke

If we had the exact same squad that finished last season but all fully fit, would i be confident of getting a result at Leicester, in a word yes. I have confidence come August our squad will be stronger.

Speedie's Head

We will start the season with a lot of new players and a really tough first 4 fixtures, so I guess we will struggle in the first half and hopefully have a good second half season.
As Tony said - we overachieved last season and the points needed for a playoff finish were low.
If we finish 12th I will be happy.
It may well be low threshold again. With the added strength of the division the points could well also be shared more evenly among the top half. We need the depth of squad to be competitive in the top half not only the headline players. I'd like to see us register a full squad of senior players with the EFL as a measure of progress.

djr8369

I noticed Howley had been doing some training with the same guy.

Not sure how much work players normally do in the off season but I’d imagine both players wanting to make an impact on the first team (again) next season and so willing to put a bit extra work in.

mark82

If we had the exact same squad that finished last season but all fully fit, would i be confident of getting a result at Leicester, in a word yes. I have confidence come August our squad will be stronger.
I'll be confident as long as players are in early in pre-seaaon.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm looking forward to next season, enjoying the Sky Blue journey with mates, and waiting for the next hero(es) to emerge. Oh, and Ben Wilson setting a new EFL record for timewasting !!

Covkid1968#

For no apparent reason I’m gaining in optimism with each passing day. I think we all have to expect a low points tally in those early weeks…. But we’ve been there before haven’t we. PUSB

Ashdown

It’s almost impossible to make any judgment on next season at the moment. Right now we barely have a squad.
We should if Doug’s price increases feed through to spending on playing staff have a bigger pot than available for years.
We’ve also got a good manager and scouting team. I hope they don’t leave everything last minute though because the season starts in early August not at the end of the transfer window.
Last season will be a hard act to follow.

cooperskyblue

I'm optimistic. I think we have a core group of players who are improving every season. And I'm optimistic that we have an opportunity (with the amount of dead wood we released) to improve the overall quality of the squad.

As always, recruitment is imperative and if wr can give Robins a subs bench he actually trusts to utilise with more options then there is no reason we can't have another promising season.

its a buzzard

Okay Buzzard. It’s gonna be absolutely fucking shit and we’ll be lucky to survive the drop.
I was actually agreeing with your earlier post and was just commenting generally on how daft it is to make any sort of comment in the absence any information whatsoever. It's the nature of the beast, I guess. It wasn't intended as any sort of a personal dig - apologies if it came across that way.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

I was actually agreeing with your earlier post and was just commenting generally on how daft it is to make any sort of comment in the absence any information whatsoever. It's the nature of the beast, I guess. It wasn't intended as any sort of a personal dig - apologies if it came across that way.

I know you were mate. People wanted an answer (based on nothing!) so I decided to give one. I suppose I went all in.

steve101

Scanning Twitter multiple times a day hoping for a signing. People have mentioned it is early days and many other clubs haven't signed players, however I don't think there will be any Championship clubs with one centre back in their squad, and a 36 year old at that. We will bring in some loans but it usually takes time for them to bed in. McNally the exception.
I hope Gyokeres goes soon and Hamer stays so we have some money to play with and a player to build around.

slowpoke

Went through the list of championship clubs ins and outs and very few have signed any players and have let a lot of players go.

slowpoke

Keep Hammer and build around him if not then we will struggle.
Don’t think for a minute Robins isn’t all over that, there are lots of very good players after clubs we all know Hamer and what he brings for us but he isn’t the only fish in the sea.

coop

Don’t think for a minute Robins isn’t all over that, there are lots of very good players after clubs we all know Hamer and what he brings for us but he isn’t the only fish in the sea.
But worth a few more ££aweek rather then buying someone.

Briles

As always with this league it's a coin toss. Ita not so much about what we do, its what others do. I can't see 6 teams running away with it, and can't see us being near relegation. My prediction is we will be within 6 points of a playoff spot with 5 games to go. That's as far as ive got

Offhegoes

We may of lost 1/3 of the First Team Squad, but it’s only Doyle and McNally who are big misses. We still have this squad, if there are no signings (with the assumption Vik goes, and Kelly stays )

Wilson
Moore
Fadz
Bidwell
Da Silva
J. Burroghs
Kelly
Eccles
Hamer
Allen
Sheaf
Howley
Palmer
Rus
Godden
Tavares
O’Hare
Obikwu

DrPoolittle

As always with this league it's a coin toss. Ita not so much about what we do, it’s ounds what others do. I can't see 6 teams running away with it, and can't see us being near relegation. My prediction is we will be within 6 points of a playoff spot with 5 games to go. That's as far as ive got

Sounds reasonable but the pessimist that I am says wrong end of the table. If Hamer stays and Robins builds about him and if we keep O’Hare fit and at the club, then just maybe

DrPoolittle

We may of lost 1/3 of the First Team Squad, but it’s only Doyle and McNally who are big misses. We still have this squad, if there are no signings (with the assumption Vik goes, and Kelly stays )

Wilson
Moore
Fadz
Bidwell
Da Silva
J. Burroghs
Kelly
Eccles
Hamer
Allen
Sheaf
Howley
Palmer
Rus
Godden
Tavares
O’Hare
Obikwu

A timely reminder that it’s not all bad but that list confirms, as you say, we need defenders

Nuskyblue

We could finish 5th or 15th. Outside the top teams it's so tight which makes it so hard to call...iirc when we played Brum at the end of the season there was only 9 points between us and them.

If we retain Gus, get a semi decent replacement for Vic and O'Hare can have half a season we'll more likely be closer to the playoffs, if not we'll be bottom half. Or saving grace is our management team, they seem to be able to adapt to our squad situation so worst case we'll be a tough nut to crack like most this season.

its a buzzard

We could finish 5th or 15th. Outside the top teams it's so tight which makes it so hard to call...iirc when we played Brum at the end of the season there was only 9 points between us and them.

If we retain Gus, get a semi decent replacement for Vic and O'Hare can have half a season we'll more likely be closer to the playoffs, if not we'll be bottom half. Or saving grace is our management team, they seem to be able to adapt to our squad situation so worst case we'll be a tough nut to crack like most this season.
This reads like those long range weather forecasts - by the time you get to the end, you still haven't got a clue what the long range weather's likely to be.

Finham

ccfcchris

A big turnover of players makes it impossible to predict how well we'll do next season. I do think we're still riding on a feel-good factor and I have faith that MR, AV and the team have the ability to keep the progression going.
Hopefully, a slightly better budget will help and we're a more attractive proposition for new players. I do believe though that they should be pulling out all the stops to keep Hamer.

KersleyDigs

Things will move after Vik is sold. They need to know the budget before signing. They will have players lined up for different circumstances (Vik sold, him and Gus, neither etc)

Users who are viewing this thread