How much would it cost to purchase the club? (Any debts to take on factored in as well) (1 Viewer)

Tea & Busquets

Believe it or not I'm only some months shy from my 18th birthday, so I'm still a young lad. Personal dream of mine is to one day purchase this club and help to actually grow it (fuck you SISU). Out of curiosity, how much do we think the costs will all amount to? Reckon 40m?

Briles

Believe it or not I'm only some months shy from my 18th birthday, so I'm still a young lad. Personal dream of mine is to one day purchase this club and help to actually grow it (fuck you SISU). Out of curiosity, how much do we think the costs will all amount to? Reckon 40m?

Probably double that

Bugsy

I'm not having that, you're not 17, you're bald and have a grey beard

slowpoke

You’ll never get to know the answer. I can’t believe there hasn’t been enquiries never anything remotely official yet there is apparently two or three interested the basket case Derby so frustrating we can all see the prem on the horizon but how can this business model sustain that or even want to.
My advice to you is unless you have a Sheik uncle is keep doing the Euro millions.

chiefdave

Just a gut feeling but for a while I've thought an offer of £15m would get you a serious conversation with Sepalla. But what does that actually buy you?

You'd have to be sure you could either fund a new ground (and probably be prepared to write the cost of that off) or that the club is viable long term renting from Wasps.

letsallsingtogether

You’ll never get to know the answer. I can’t believe there hasn’t been enquiries never anything remotely official yet there is apparently two or three interested the basket case Derby so frustrating we can all see the prem on the horizon but how can this business model sustain that or even want to.
My advice to you is unless you have a Sheik uncle is keep doing the Euro millions.
Yes there are a couple interested in Derby according to Simon Jordon no Club has been brought with debts of more then 21M.
Derby has 60M without the claims from Middlebrough and Wycombe.

slowpoke

Just a gut feeling but for a while I've thought an offer of £15m would get you a serious conversation with Sepalla. But what does that actually buy you?

You'd have to be sure you could either fund a new ground (and probably be prepared to write the cost of that off) or that the club is viable long term renting from Wasps.
I don’t see the ground being a major issue it’s there, works, many clubs rent nowadays, perhaps not ideal but a well-heeled computant owner would I’d think negotiate or even buy into the ground business model.

SlowerThanPlatt

Derby are a more attractive proposition, modern training ground, Category 1 academy 20,000 crowds and I believe own their ground

fernandopartridge

Derby's ground is owned by Mel Morris not the club. So depends if a deal can be struck with him separate to administrators

Even though ownership has passed to Mel Morris' company, the leases that DCFC have to use the training ground and Pride Park are mortgaged to an investment company backed by a Caymen Islands fund. Whoever buys Derby would need to settle those charges first really and I suspect that's what is holding things up.

Gint11

We’re not for sale so why would there be interest?

torchomatic

I'll beat you to it. I'm going to give up Netflix and my daily Starbucks and then buy the club in a month or two. Kirsty Allsopp is my financial advisor.

Godiva

Are you sure you would want to buy the club? Really sure?
Here's a test ... go read 50 randow threads and every time you see the name SISU you replace it with your own name. Because that is what you would get once you run out of money. Which you will.

Tea & Busquets

Are you sure you would want to buy the club? Really sure?
Here's a test ... go read 50 randow threads and every time you see the name SISU you replace it with your own name. Because that is what you would get once you run out of money. Which you will.
i think i could live with that

Flying Fokker

I don’t see the ground being a major issue it’s there, works, many clubs rent nowadays, perhaps not ideal but a well-heeled computant owner would I’d think negotiate or even buy into the ground business model.
But we all know that SISU is going to build onWarwick University land.

stay_up_skyblues

I’m only bidding if Ryton is included. No doubts there’s some complex web of ownership there that my advisor will need to earn his commission unravelling.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

The debts alone are in the region of £20m aren't they? You then have the possibility of SISU not being interested unless they get plenty on top of that for sums previously invested (whether they actually were or not). Wasn't this one of Fisher's lines around previous interest? That the owners had put in far more than the balance of debt showed?

Youve also got a half decent squad value at present.

In summary - shitloads.

The Philosopher

Let’s have a kick around on this.

Firstly, SISU are a hedge fund investing other people’s money. They cannot afford to sell the club at less than they have the share values on their investment balance sheet. If they do, they crystalize their losses and will have an investment hole. So long as they can show, say, 5% return on investment either by taking fees or adding to investment “value” they will trade on and not sell.

Now I’m not sure of total “real cash” they’ve put in, let’s say £30m. They might have converted other costs (their own staff management costs) and “returns” (money distributed to remote investors into “shares”.

Imagine it’s a Ponzi scheme but not Madhoff style, more Allen Stamford style.

I’ll punt that SISU can’t sell for less than £60m.

In terms of real value, it’s players (£20m absolute max), Ryton, and sundry assets and debtors less non-SISU creditors. Call it £30m as a top top top line value on a good day with the sun shining.

Quick aside, the reason for the Ricoh row is because SISU needed to show the value of their RICOH share as an asset to balance up the £60m. As it is they have a huge hole.

To answer the question, SISU cannot sell for less than £60m.

Any buyer will be getting £20 odd million of assets (top end) and the golden share in a Champ club with a turnover of say 10m. The additional opportunity value is the 3 in 20 chance of making £100m getting to the Prem.

Feel free to rate my thoughts apart, but I’ll stick to:

SISU cannot sell for less than 60m

Users who are viewing this thread