How much worse will it get before it starts to get better? (1 Viewer)

Black6Osprey

There is normally a "honeymoon Period" after sacking a manager and what have we got, 3 defeats.

I really get the impression that the new manager, whoever they might be is going to be walking into a dress room of players that really don't give a shit. There has to be more going on behind the scenes and in less the players get there bonuses back for getting out of bed in the morning and turning up to training with the right boots I don't think we will see an improvement.

Whilst I agree that the players don't deserve any kind of bonus for getting us relegated last season, it was extremely poor management deciding to change the system 2 days before the start of the season, it should have been sorted before pre season. I think this is major reason we are where we are now and I don't think that was down to AT.

Yes but all this bonus stuff doesn't affect any of the new players and of last seasons players, if any are pissed off, it will only be one or two. You cant say the whole squad is playing crap because of one or two. They are still amongst the highest paid players in this league and if they think they can do better then feel free to piss off somewhere else as they are clearly not worth what we are paying them now. We have a playing budget of £4M and Tranmere have £1M so by that logic all the Tranmere players must be totally pissed off they are top of the league earning nothing like a team at the bottom. Its just looking for excuses rather than facing the truth that they are not good enough. When is loan window open?

PhilWasn'tBabb

Yes but all this bonus stuff doesn't affect any of the new players and of last seasons players, if any are pissed off, it will only be one or two. You cant say the whole squad is playing crap because of one or two. They are still amongst the highest paid players in this league and if they think they can do better then feel free to piss off somewhere else as they are clearly not worth what we are paying them now. We have a playing budget of £4M and Tranmere have £1M so by that logic all the Tranmere players must be totally pissed off they are top of the league earning nothing like a team at the bottom. Its just looking for excuses rather than facing the truth that they are not good enough. When is loan window open?

It only takes one or two vocal players to upset a dressing room. Its not so much about the amount of money, it about not getting what you were expecting, changing things at the last minute is always going to up set things.

Sky Blues

There is normally a "honeymoon Period" after sacking a manager and what have we got, 3 defeats.

I really get the impression that the new manager, whoever they might be is going to be walking into a dress room of players that really don't give a shit. There has to be more going on behind the scenes and in less the players get there bonuses back for getting out of bed in the morning and turning up to training with the right boots I don't think we will see an improvement.

Whilst I agree that the players don't deserve any kind of bonus for getting us relegated last season, it was extremely poor management deciding to change the system 2 days before the start of the season, it should have been sorted before pre season. I think this is major reason we are where we are now and I don't think that was down to AT.

An academic study found that in English league football sacking a manager in-season will, on average, cause results to dip in the following three months. Results immediately after the sacking also become more varied, the study found. Therefore, any "honeymoon" period could just be because of more varied results, and the results could play out the other way - as it appears we are seeing this time. So, no, a honeymoon period is not a given and, if anything, we are on the more likely path.

Users who are viewing this thread