How much dosh? (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Has Robins got left to spend do we think? Can't imagine it's much. Where is the next influx of millions coming from?
Rebuild 4/10

Viktor17

You really think he’s going to sit there and say yep I’ve got £10m burning a hole in our pockets for Jan - we are on the lookout.

Greggs

You really think he’s going to sit there and say yep I’ve got £10m burning a hole in our pockets for Jan - we are on the lookout.
For loans and players with 6 months left of their current deals. Got to be some players who can't get games for Bristol City, Swansea etc.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Has Robins got left to spend do we think? Can't imagine it's much. Where is the next influx of millions coming from?
Rebuild 4/10
For this Jan, probably enough to sign the no.8 we're looking for. Still got some unspent from the big summer sales and I think we got something from Maddison's sale as well.

Beyond that, I think we're looking at Gyok getting his big money move to afford anymore significant fees.

Greggs

That is alot. If we get it right I. January could be a very good squad we have for remainder of season and also a massive base to build upon next season
A very good squad? We've now got high earners rotting on the bench, aswell as high earners rotting on the pitch playing out of position. It's bizarre.

covcity4life

A very good squad? We've now got high earners rotting on the bench, aswell as high earners rotting on the pitch playing out of position. It's bizarre.
The squad itself would be good though. Form will change. Could be argued it's already started too.

We will definitely be midtable at least imo. Still not giving up on having a go at 5th and 6th myself

Greggs

The squad itself would be good though. Form will change. Could be argued it's already started too.

We will definitely be midtable at least imo. Still not giving up on having a go at 5th and 6th myself
A squad of unhappy overpaid players, or a hungry squad of players on a smaller wage. Ipswich perfect example. We'll be lucky not to end up like Derby.

Cally Fedora

I’d say 6-7 million. We only need a net increase of one midfielder. And I’d go for a prem cf on loan using Ayari’s wages who is send back.

pusbccfc

Don't think we'll spend in Jan. Certainly not the money people expect.

Legia Sky Blue

Don't think we'll spend in Jan. Certainly not the money people expect.

Agreed, I think loans will be incoming, but that we'll hold fire until the Summer to buy players, when there is always much more to choose from than in January, and when many more panic induced poor signings are made.

Last edited:

oscillatewildly

Our mazy cup run money alone will buy us the Hamer replacement.
You heard it here first - Get your cardboard and tinfoil sorted now!

Greggs

Then there's around 10-15 million that doug has kept aside from the hamer deal
I think we've about 7 left after our dealing in the summer. Doug will probably spread that over next 3 windows.
Screenshot_20231203_135344_Chrome.jpg

skybluecam

From what I’ve read Simms was £3.5m initially with the rest dependent on meeting clauses. So not just staggered payments.

I think/hope we have 5-7m to spend on a midfielder in Jan.

Greggs

Reports at the time. Do you own googling.
No I don't own googling, if i did I wouldn't be passing my time on here.

So you don't have any evidence and it was a guess.

skybluecam

Simms signed a four year contract at the CBS Arena after completing his medical at Ryton, joining for an undisclosed fee, which CoventryLive understands to be £3.5million rising to £5m depending on appearances and goals in a deal that could be worth up to £8m if City gain promotion to the Premier League.

Greggs

Simms signed a four year contract at the CBS Arena after completing his medical at Ryton, joining for an undisclosed fee, which CoventryLive understands to be £3.5million rising to £5m depending on appearances and goals in a deal that could be worth up to £8m if City gain promotion to the Premier League.

Hamer?

shmmeee

Hamer was reported as a deal of £15m Simms “up to £8m depending on add ins” if you want the signed transfer contract no I can’t provide it to you, but you can’t provide anything at all so I still win.

pusbccfc

'Depending on appearances and goals' 😂

We'll be having a bit more to spend after all..

Users who are viewing this thread