How many will Arsenal score?? (1 Viewer)

ExmouthNeil

Sorry all, but the way our confidence is a the moment I feel if we go a goal down at Arsenal it could be VERY bad news when the final scores are read out on the news....

I'm not trying to put a downer on things but well lets hope I'm wrong (I want to be wrong).....

In hope, Neil....;)

CUS Wyken

14/1 for Arsenal not to score. Get on ;)

5 years ago on the same date we beat United after getting battered by Ipswich the Saturday before.

Lightning will strike twice

Otis

How many will Arsenal score??

The answer to that my friend is as many as they want.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'd be surprised if they don't reach at least 4, even with their 'kids'.

Yes we won at Old Trafford, but I really think our players at that time were better prepare for a game of that size, and there wasn't too much negativity around the club. This time round will be very different.

I mean I'll be happy if we did win, but I'd bet that if we did, we'd still lose on Saturday! I'd rather we concentrated on the league

the_ferret

Never really got the 'league is more important' thing. Of course it is in many respects, but victory at Arsenal or Oldham? Arsenal every time. People will always remember the OT game. Anyone remember how we got on a few days later in the 'much more important' league game? Nah, I doubt it.

If I think back to my fondest City memories, I think 87, Old Trafford, league cup 1/4 final against Sunderland, that epic win at Villa, the cup win at Anfield, 3-0 FA Cup tie at Leicester - these are the games we remember most. Yes, there are plenty of league games that stay in the memory, but when a game like this comes along you have to take the opportunity to try and create some new lasting memories.

Victory as a 3 tier team at Arsenal or 3 points at Oldham - which one would we be telling our grandkids about in years to come?

Nonleagueherewecome

4 or 5 unless the conspiracy is true, the players actually have been going on strike and saving themselves for the League Cup games, in which case....3.

Otis

1 nil to the Arsenal.

We are just predicting the score after the first minute aren't we? :whistle:

Astute

As long as we don't get badly beaten I will be happy. Our confidence is bad enough as it is.

If we can hold out for the first 20 mins we will have a small chance. Not going to guess until I know who we have in goal.

sky_blue_up_north

I had a belly full of beer when we beat United, and put a daft £20 on us to win, expecting my cash to go straight in the bookies pocket. Best thing was collecting my winnings, were I live there are quite a few scousers, I went with my Sky Blue shirt on, never had some many pats on my back. Happy days, never know stranger things have happened, might be the same Wednesday

JazzCat

Arsenals record at the Emirates on a Wednesday is P29 W20 D9 L0....

Is thinking records are only there to be broken wishful thinking?!

Johnnythespider

whats the record score in a league cup tie, i think it will get broken on weds. :facepalm:

skybluesteve76

This game could possibly be the best or worst thing to happen at the mo.
Win and it gives us confidence going into Saturday, lose heavily and things could get even worse!

ExmouthNeil

I really do hope we do something..... Not expecting a win even against Arsenal kids but I do fear for us.....

Come on City... Give us something to cheer about!!!!!!

BurbageSkyBlues

wednesday is an opportunity for the players to show Robbins if they want to stay - he has read the riot act, now let's see if there is a reaction.....if there isn't, there will be - before saturday !

see you there guys!

LAST

Baginton

Looking around Arsenal boards, there won't be many kids playing, it will be players like Walcott, Arshavin, Oxlane-chamberlain, Giroud, Ramsey, Kosceilny and Szczesny :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Get the Physio working on Murphys back, he may be busy bending down picking the ball out of the net :whistle: LOL
65,000 crowd, BRING IT ON !!! PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread