How many teams (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

will vote for us to be expelled from the FL, if it comes to it?
Is it just the Champ,L1 L2 or is Prem included,so is it 75% of 72 or all 92?
I can think of some whose fans would, luckily they don't do the voting!!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’d hope after last season Morecambe will give us their vote!

I believe it’s the 72.

I guess you’ll have sides that us being kicked out the FL may keep them up in their division etc or will help them get promoted so that’ll play a part!

jackdg

You would think none of the Championship teams would care. We might have the bottom 10 of L1 and L2 who are threatened by relegation, possibly some of the top 6/7 of the leagues in case promotion places are impacted in any way. We only need 19 votes to not be expelled, it seems unlikely that we wouldn’t get 19 votes

MatthewWallis

What happens if we don’t get voted out? We still won’t have anywhere to play so curious as to what happens next

chiefdave

I think we need to understand what happens if they vote to keep us in. The vote only happens if we don't have anywhere to play. If we have nowhere to play and they vote to not kick us out then what?

Is it essentially a vote to say the club can be moved elsewhere, either temporarily or permanently, because if not then clubs voting for us to stay in are voting for chaos with the fixtures. What happens when we get to the date of our first home game and have nowhere to play?

NorthernWisdom

In the main, owners will think it could be them, so they'll vote for us.

Some owners may even welcome the loosening of connection of club with place that may come about as a result, so could well embrace the opportunities this may bring.

Coventry Tangerines, anyone?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I don't think it will be as straight forward as simply 'voting us out' the football league. A series of statements will be put to the clubs that contradaict EFL rules meaning they will more than likely have to vote against us as we have broken EFL rules. It won't be a matter of just clubs wanting to kick us out. For example, it will be a statement like 'Are you satisfied that Coventry have found a solution for a stadium to play their games in next season?' and no club can really justify that to be true so will be forced to vote against us.

chiefdave

I don't think it will be as straight forward as simply 'voting us out' the football league. A series of statements will be put to the clubs that contradaict EFL rules meaning they will more than likely have to vote against us as we have broken EFL rules. It won't be a matter of just clubs wanting to kick us out. For example, it will be a statement like 'Are you satisfied that Coventry have found a solution for a stadium to play their games in next season?' and no club can really justify that to be true so will be forced to vote against us.
Possibly gives the EFL itself some protection from any SISU legal action.

Magwitch

If things stay as they are, we have no home ground. The result of any vote is obvious, should it come down to a vote be nice if all 71 clubs abstained, the 72nd being us.

Cov kid 55

Was speaking to a Villa fan this morning who said one of their forums had a thread that was largely positive about allowing us to share with them, rather than be kicked out of the league. Of course, they don’t see us as enemy/rivals, as some of our fans see them. Personally, I’m old enough to consider the Wolves to be our rivals! But I think I may be a bit out dated!

Terry Gibson's perm

You would think that most sensible people wouldn’t want to see us expelled but equally some teams can gain from it as I imagine all the players become free agents so Derby can save on buying Bayliss etc

Nick

Administrator
Was speaking to a Villa fan this morning who said one of their forums had a thread that was largely positive about allowing us to share with them, rather than be kicked out of the league. Of course, they don’t see us as enemy/rivals, as some of our fans see them. Personally, I’m old enough to consider the Wolves to be our rivals! But I think I may be a bit out dated!

I think most people see it the same, owners will come and go (hopefully) and it is the fans that stick by their clubs through thick and thin.

It's why it baffles me when our own fans seem to want to see us screwed over.

chiefdave

St. Andrews or villa park are better options than anything over there
Can't see Villa being an option, would be way too big / expensive.

St Andrews probably the easiest to get to and they might be up for it as their finances aren't great. Although that's also way too big. Walsall probably the best option in terms of size.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Fisher has said the EFL have told them it has to be within 6 miles of the City centre so the Ricoh is the only viable option for us to continue.

ajsccfc

coventry_city_stadium04.jpg

I always thought the man in the stripes was just going up to the game really early but in all the other shots he's suspiciously walking away from the stadium. Luckily the guy with his arms behind his back is there in every shot too keeping an eye on him, classic undercover counter-terror sting operation

coventry_city_stadium02.jpg

coventry_city_stadium03.jpg

SAJ

I think the clubs will look from a financial prospective. If they vote for us to go then certainly in the lower 2 divisions they will see the meal ticket of away fans being taken off them. We average around 1500 going to each away match which for some clubs is more than the get from their home fans. If we’re replaced by a small supported team then not only do we lose they do. The £40000 we generate on an away day for some small clubs is a good percentage of their budget.

CanadianCCFC

But if this goes to a vote it means we have nowhere to play. If we have nowhere to play and we don’t get voted out then how can we continue to exist? What’s the point of the vote?

Manchester_sky_blue

I would assume the league would give us the opportunity to put forward another proposal, likely playing in a stadium outside of Coventry and the other clubs would then vote on whether that was an acceptable solution or not.

Ricketts

Of course they would vote to keep us in.

It's just ridiculous posturing and rhetoric (sadly too much like Brexit)

Users who are viewing this thread