How many signings ? (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

If we are to believe Mr Fisher, our new SISU puppet and signings which i assume means loans are to be made how many do you think there should be ? Andy Thorn has hinted strongly about the lack of goals so i assume atleast one striker but where else is essential assuming everyone is fit. For me a winger who can go by people at pace and deliver crosses into the box haven't had one of them for years and an experienced central midfielder, a younger Carsley type, that's three minimum and that's without letting anyone leave.

skybluegod

1 mayby 2 is what we need 1 striker presume noble from sunderland. and a midfielder to give us number's.

EleanorRigby

Not enough IMO badly need an injection of pace. We must be the easiest team in the division to mark hence the shortage of goals.

skybluek

How do you know its this noble?

Because we did ask steve bruce if we could have him when he was in charge of sunderland but he said no to have him on loan but when the loan window ended he did say he would been open to one in jan I think then he got sacked

ICHAN

So thats him out of the window then seeing as bruce got sacked.

No offence Eleanor but the kind of player you are talking about ie: winger who goes past people at pace would be far to expensive for us and if their is one around I think other teams in a far better position than ours would be after him.
But in answer to your question how many I would say at least 4/5 the kids need a rest incase any long term damage is done to their careers, and yes if good enough then their old enough but just think they need a rest, because if we go down I think we will need them more than this year to step upto the grade.

I just do not think we will get anyone unless someone is sold and even then I would be surprised (and I used to say let's judge sisu after the window) I have just gone past believing anything that comes out of their public gob's now, whoever maybe saying it.
I would also be worried if they did get any players in as that would indicate to me that they are going nowhere fast and any takeover is a long long way off.
So a part of me hopes they get no-one but then by that happening the team suffer as do results and the long suffering fans.

EleanorRigby

Was listening to Talk Sport the other night talking Scottish football and one Andrew Driver is up for grabs remember that name. There's an issue with unpaid wages at Hearts with their nutty owner Ramanov and Driver can look for another club and sign come January, was on the Coleman radar a couple of years ago so Thorn must be well aware of him. Got injured i think but is now back and according to the Scottish expert talking is playing very well.

Regarding your last paragraph i think the opposite, if we did push the boat out and bring in 3 or 4 i think the takeover is underway otherwise they will wait until the season ends and see where we are division wise. I just don't see SISU who surely know their days are numbered no matter what they say publically spending any money at all on us.

Last edited:

la-ccfc

Ideally we need 4 maybe 5 loans to do improve the squad enough to say up, but we will probably get 1 or 2 and neither will be anywhere good enough becase of the budget.

neilyboy67

unless barcelona give us messi till the end of the season 1 loan player is laughable really isnt it? will make no difference to our current plight we need 4 or 5 to actually make the difference now and we need QUALITY as well all gonna cost money, i suppose we shall all find out very soon if sisu can be bothered the balls in their court not thorns

Users who are viewing this thread