How many points for safety? (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

This isn’t a panicky thread after today’s results, But how many points do you think we need to stop up? Barnsley stopped up with 49 last year. That’s just over 16 wins. Let’s hope we make it.

capel & collindridge

Based on Bristol City supporters' assessments, we don't need to be too worried about relegation:

This was a potential banana skin with Coventry coming up and being on a roll. I thought they were excellent although they ran out of puff in the second half. I think they will be in the top half at the end of the season. At half time I was very worried.

I felt sorry for Han Noah as he was so outnumbered in the midfield. Fair play to Dean for changing it and bringing on Tyreeq and the unit that is Chris Martin. Within a few minutes we seemed a changed side and generally had the best of it.

With the injured players coming back I am quietly optimistic about our chances. With all the options (in next few weeks) we do have in the middle of the park I don’t want to see to many first half’s like that again.

Onwards and upwards for me. 7/10

Really impressed with Coventry first half. Second half we done them. Learning curve for the sky blues. And us

Looked like they underestimated Coventry in the first half, and but for some great defending we could have conceded two or three goals - well done Kalas and Bentley especially.

Well that was hardly vintage....but we stuck at it, tired Coventry out, and cane string* at the end.

I’m sure Dean learned a lot from that....and to come out with 3 points is a bonus. Sometimes it takes a league game to highlight issues. Coventry deserved a point, and probably our worst performance under Holde

*Translated: came strong [This must be the bastard BC supporter that stole covcity4life's old typewriter!]

Yes I think Coventry were ‘unknown’ to us and even with the inside knowledge of Walsh we underestimated them. A typical newly promoted team.

we were very poor for large parts of the game being outclassed by a newly promoted side at home

We will play better across 90 minutes this season and lose. Credit Holden the subs changed the game, but really really poor first half. Coventry also could not keep up their press all match and tired.

Results are everything at the start of a season, much to improve, but very very happy with the result.

Very happy with Bakinson and the look of Martin, Kalas and Bentley kept us in it but Coventry are unlucky to lose. Overall they we're the better team.

Walsgrave

I tend to think a point a game is good enough for any league however, it seems in the Championship there is an added layer of competitiveness, which makes even 50 points precarious. So 51 points.

Mucca Mad Boys

Based on Bristol City supporters' assessments, we don't need to be too worried about relegation:

This was a potential banana skin with Coventry coming up and being on a roll. I thought they were excellent although they ran out of puff in the second half. I think they will be in the top half at the end of the season. At half time I was very worried.

I felt sorry for Han Noah as he was so outnumbered in the midfield. Fair play to Dean for changing it and bringing on Tyreeq and the unit that is Chris Martin. Within a few minutes we seemed a changed side and generally had the best of it.

With the injured players coming back I am quietly optimistic about our chances. With all the options (in next few weeks) we do have in the middle of the park I don’t want to see to many first half’s like that again.

Onwards and upwards for me. 7/10

Really impressed with Coventry first half. Second half we done them. Learning curve for the sky blues. And us

Looked like they underestimated Coventry in the first half, and but for some great defending we could have conceded two or three goals - well done Kalas and Bentley especially.

Well that was hardly vintage....but we stuck at it, tired Coventry out, and cane string* at the end.

I’m sure Dean learned a lot from that....and to come out with 3 points is a bonus. Sometimes it takes a league game to highlight issues. Coventry deserved a point, and probably our worst performance under Holde

*Translated: came strong [This must be the bastard BC supporter that stole covcity4life's old typewriter!]

Yes I think Coventry were ‘unknown’ to us and even with the inside knowledge of Walsh we underestimated them. A typical newly promoted team.

we were very poor for large parts of the game being outclassed by a newly promoted side at home

We will play better across 90 minutes this season and lose. Credit Holden the subs changed the game, but really really poor first half. Coventry also could not keep up their press all match and tired.

Results are everything at the start of a season, much to improve, but very very happy with the result.

Very happy with Bakinson and the look of Martin, Kalas and Bentley kept us in it but Coventry are unlucky to lose. Overall they we're the better team.

Today was definitely encouraging and it's a small consolation the Bristol fans acknowledge we were the better side. We lost today because we were naive. The first goal we concede was very poor from the off and we've let a man get free from a set piece.

This season, I can accept losing from time-to-time because of naivety since we're a young side new to the league. We held our own and if we perform like this more often than not, we will survive in this league.

MR is probably right that we're at an early disadvantage having such a long sabbatical compared to the Championship sides who completed the season. My hope is that later in the season the wear and tear injuries will build up for the clubs who didn't get a proper break.

SkyblueTexan

I think 50 points should be a minimum target for safety. That’s quite tough to do and works out to 16-17 wins. We should have played for a draw at 1-1 today, but went for the win by playing with 2 strikers and ran out of steam and ended up losing. 2 sloppy goals given. Lessons learned and fitness levels need to be raised. Loan additions in midfield needed.

Gint11

It’s probably going to be around the 50 point mark.
Proud of the team yesterday.
Worst possible start conceding after 20 seconds, but dominating the game generally for the next hour is pleasing to see. Great to have possession but you need to do something with it and on another day we’d have had 3 so we take the positives, learn our lessons and move onto QPR.

Hobo

If we play like that every game safety is stupid, the title should be play offs

Every team has to reach safety first, even the team that kicks on from there and wins it.

SeaSeeEffCee

Crucial thing is getting some points on the board early doors. Need to make sure psychologically the team have the belief that they can compete at this level.

Grendel

The answer really is enough to stay up. The key will be to stay in the mix by regularly picking up points . We won’t need much more than a point a game but in our last two relegations we were always adrift - it’s going to be a mini league of 6 or 7 teams and we need three below us.

Ccfcisparks

The answer really is enough to stay up. The key will be to stay in the mix by regularly picking up points . We won’t need much more than a point a game but in our last two relegations we were always adrift - it’s going to be a mini league of 6 or 7 teams and we need three below us.
Agree with this. I think we should be aiming for at least 5 points from every 15 available, just to keep in the pack. Fortunately at the midway point most seasons 4th from bottom has around 20 points which is less than a point a game and obtainable for us I feel.

cc84cov

Agree with this December we play Rotherham,Luton & Wycombe these are the sides we need to be picking up points against.

cc84cov

Point dropped yesterday I feel shame to lose first game of season hopefully we can put it right come Friday against a tough QPR side out style of football will be a problem for most my worry is where the goals will come from.

shmmeee

Point dropped yesterday I feel shame to lose first game of season hopefully we can put it right come Friday against a tough QPR side out style of football will be a problem for most my worry is where the goals will come from.

GGG: Goal-a-Game Godden

SkyblueTexan

Was looking at YouTube highlights of Championship matches that took place over the weekend and got to admit that most teams look quite ordinary. Granted it’s just highlights and only 1 match so far. All things being equal, I really feel that we should be able to stay up this season.

kg82

Loads of positives from Saturday to take. We competed well for most of it. For 30 mins in the first half we were dominant. Another day and we’d have scored at least 1 more. We ran out of steam - to be expected having not played competitively for 6 months. Once that match sharpness kicks in we’ll be able to keep up that high press for the majority of matches. Of course, there’ll be teams that will outclass us, but I’m confident we’ll be ok come the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread