How many are calling for Pressley's head tonight? (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Last 4 home league games, drew 3 lost 1 - scored a single goal- some of those games our shots on target statistics were embarrassing. We haven't won a league game at home since we were knoced out of the FA cup by a lower non-league side. Yesterday sounded good but I think hr's a long way off getting a statue like Jimmy Hill.

Paxman II

I'd argue that point with you Paxman ,I personally have massive Issues with those running the Club but am Inclined to see Pressley continue

while over ten games there has been Improvement .

We haven't been amazing though and he's not the messiah but there Is no advantage changing him currently ,he was struggling 6 weeks

back though and It could have happened .

They were well on top in the second half. And SP did nothing about it. What do you think would have happened if one of their efforts that hit the post would have gone in and pulled them level? And yes I did call it a good win.

How about not having a dedicated penalty taker? Do you agree with SP on this? We certainly have a very poor conversion rate on them.

Common ground at last. A dedicated pen taker and I might add getting throw ins taken quickly and with purpose would seem a simple coaching tactic.

Astute

Common ground at last. A dedicated pen taker and I might add getting throw ins taken quickly and with purpose would seem a simple coaching tactic.

And this is the problem that I have with him. He gets so many of the basics wrong. And he is too slow to either learn or do something about it.

How about making the wrong subs, at the wrong time or even both?

Keeping up with systems that don't work.

Continually playing players out of position.

Bringing in the wrong players continually.

This is just a few. We play tippy tappy in the middle of the park. We fail to get shots on target all game then he tells us that we were unlucky to lose. This gets to me. Makes him look deluded. When everything that is going on at our club the one chance of sanity would be our manager. We have not had that since we lost Robins. Now Scunny have him. They have gone from relegation certainties to maybe even going for a run to the playoffs. 4 wins and 2 draws in the league in their last 6 games. Not bad considering they have only won 7 games all season. Still in the FA Cup. They may be two points behind us still....even after their recent results, but they have 3 games in hand. This is what a decent manager can do in this poor division. He took over a poor club in a poor division. No money. No decent players. Very low budget. But we should give SP even longer?

Nick

Administrator
Right your all boring me no one has shown passion and hard work like pressley for years so shut up we are where we are and he's doing better than anyone I can think of!! Don't respond not interested your boring!!

Oh dear, not interested so why post?

ajsccfc

I don't think anyone actively wants Pressley to fail or was secretly seething that we won.

Sky Blue Kid

As ajsccfc has stated...Nobody actively wants Pressley to fail. We all would love to have seen him bring success to the Club, but, The guy has zero tactical ability, zero man management skills, and thinks a sub is something that comes with Tuna, Mayo, and sweetcorn. As for passion, there's only been 3 managers that I would say had true passion for CCFC. Jimmy Hill, John Sillett, and believe it or not Gordon Strachan. Getting back to SP. His record speaks for itself, it's absolutely dire!

Paxman II

Lets just remember Robins was doing well at the time he was poached from us but then after a honeymoon period at Huddersfield he failed badly and couldn't buy a win and got sacked.
The point is we all think we can do better and of course we will nit pick various aspects of a managers coaching as we see it.
The reality though is based on results. I don't care how we do it if we win.
Time must be given to any manager to have bad spells of results and to come through them. had Huddersfield waited I'm sure they would have seen Robins improve matters again.
SP needs this season to get the first team looking like they can get a promotion team together and continue to work within the clubs structure and bring on the academy among many other things for the long term future of the football club.

Skyblueol

That one win in 2015 could be a gold mine if the players can keep this up. I'm quite a big sp fan.:)

hill83

ULEegzZ.gif

Brighton Sky Blue

Lets just remember Robins was doing well at the time he was poached from us but then after a honeymoon period at Huddersfield he failed badly and couldn't buy a win and got sacked.
The point is we all think we can do better and of course we will nit pick various aspects of a managers coaching as we see it.
The reality though is based on results. I don't care how we do it if we win.
Time must be given to any manager to have bad spells of results and to come through them. had Huddersfield waited I'm sure they would have seen Robins improve matters again.
SP needs this season to get the first team looking like they can get a promotion team together and continue to work within the clubs structure and bring on the academy among many other things for the long term future of the football club.

We are hovering above the League 1 relegation zone. Is that where you think this squad should be, or should it be doing better?

malkitccfc

I still want Pressley out regardless of how well we played yesterday. These stupid threads need to stop popping up everytime we win a game. We've been shit for ages. Pick up the odd win and then the play off threads start. We've got no chance of the play offs. We won't even finish top half

You was right my good friend

davebart

The reality is that Port Vale have 3 more points than us and are 10th.

This really is a mediocre league and games against Swindon and Bristol City are not going to decide our fate.

skybluebeduff

This really is a mediocre league and games against Swindon and Bristol City are not going to decide our fate.

Did you watch the game tonight at all? Stephen is deciding our fate, with his shambolic management.

The Gentleman

You're wrong because it is a shite league and still look where we are.

The reality is we are shit with a shit manager, if you think things are 'ok' after that tonight then can I suggest you rub your eyes.

The Philosopher

He needs to go.
He doesn't have the experience and CCFC shouldn't be a training college.
Tactical experiments should be done with the reserves, player spats left private, transfers with an eye on the future and squad morale.

He needs to go.

Sorry, best of luck SP, hope you get a coaching role for a top Prem Team and get back into management when you are ready.

Nick

Administrator
He needs to go.
He doesn't have the experience and CCFC shouldn't be a training college.
Tactical experiments should be done with the reserves, player spats left private, transfers with an eye on the future and squad morale.

He needs to go.

Sorry, best of luck SP, hope you get a coaching role for a top Prem Team and get back into management when you are ready.

Exactly, people keep going on about Time. We don't have time, we didn't when Thorn was in charge and we don't now!

Nonleagueherewecome

I am calling for Pressley's head tonight.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Over a sustained period now the players have underperformed and as a collective team they are worth less than the sum of the individual parts which, in my opinion usually means the manager is to blame. The fact that he said after the game on CWR that we had the players to beat Swindon tells me it's time for those running the club to consider his position.

johnwillomagic

Yep definitely calling for his head tonight....not convinced by the whole Tudgay situation today and team selection abysmal today
Whatsmore players have no confidence and also lack effort, quality, awareness, fight........go now SP!

dongonzalos

I feel with a manager if they have had a season prior that has been affected by external factors. Then the following season you should give them to at least January......

Well its January I have has enough sorry

SkyBlueSid

I would get rid of him solely on the basis of his after match comments. If he saw lots of positives in that and believes that we had the players out there tonight that could beat Swindon - he needs to be sectioned!

It was utterly shocking tonight. Missus had the Sky coverage on her phone. (It's about a minute behind so handy for replays.) Our first half possession was just 25%. Swindon ran us ragged tonight and barely broke sweat. I kept hearing the phrase 'men against boys'.

I feel our only chance is to get someone else in to get more out of this squad. They were a shambles and a disgrace to the shirt. OK, Swindon were a superior team but we could have made it a bit harder for them.

ccfc_Tom

Originally thought give till Christmas, had more than enough time now get rid. Tonight like pretty much every other week at home was a shambles

Gazolba

SP needs this season ..... and bring on the academy among many other things for the long term future of the football club.

In case you haven't noticed, anyone from the academy who is 'brought on', and has an ounce of talent, is sold off at the end of the season, and the money is not reinvested in the team. So what is the point in waiting for that?

Users who are viewing this thread