how ironic (1 Viewer)

You'll Never Beat McPake

Just been reflecting on the events of the last 24 hours and it made me think how ironic it is that Jimmy hill played a part in our rise to the old first division whilst also being responsible for the abolishment of minimum wage for professional footballers. The route cause of all clubs in distress right now is money and greed. I wonder if JH would have fought the cause all those years ago if he had known what pain it would cause today.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Skybluepiglet

Yeah..agree.. Money & Greed..that's football 2013!!

Not sure JH quite pictured this kinda crap.

Remember when Trevor Francis was the first £1 mill signing.
Heady days indeed.

WillieStanley

Just been reflecting on the events of the last 24 hours and it made me think how ironic it is that Jimmy hill played a part in our rise to the old first division whilst also being responsible for the abolishment of minimum wage for professional footballers. The route cause of all clubs in distress right now is money and greed. I wonder if JH would have fought the cause all those years ago if he had known what pain it would cause today.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think around 5 years ago he said he couldn't have possibly forseen where football would have got to. He also said he felt responsible for the demise of the City, trying to keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread