How I have felt this season (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

Hi,

This season has felt so strange for me. I have been to a total of 3 away games all season. In a normal season I would go to all home games and about half a dozen away games and really look forward to the weekend.

The passion has faded to say the least. When we lost a game last season it would wreck my weekend but this season I just don't give a shit as much.

I still look out for the results and read all CCFC related news and will buy a season ticket if we come back to Cov.

How do you currently feel? Is the passion still there or has it faded?

My mate went to Tranmere on Saturday and got the train from London and was really pissed of and said it's just not worth shelling out £80.

Where do you see Cov in 5 years from now? Still homeless, back at The Ricoh or playing in a new stadium?

georgehudson

if Sisu / Otium are still here in 5 yrs, then CCFC will not exist,
perhaps Otium Wanderers might find a home in N'thampton

Spionkop

It is a lost season in our history. A bad dream that may fade if we return to the Ricoh next season.
It is the only sane thing to do.
The strangest season ever. I want my team to do well, but I want Sisu to fail miserably, if only to drive home to them the madness of what they are doing.
Been a more than avid supporter since 1959 and missed 5 home games in that time. I'm even one of the sad souls who used to go to the reserves games at HR. But I find myself not even listening to commentary on games from Sixfields. My take is CWR should have boycotted it. Their stance just irritates me. Hiding behind the blanket of 'impartiality.' They are a Coventry radio station for heavens sake.
I went to Tranmere but like most others it was so disappointing. The team were poor enough, it was just the insanity of where we are as a club. And I don't mean Tranmere.
I'll go to the Ricoh if they come back, but hell will freeze over before I went to Northampton. I'd give up.
So much rests on the JR it seems.
& judging by the increasing comments of disenchantment on here, that will make or break things for a lot of fans.
Quite simply, the team in Northampton are our team - and they're not. I think there is that confusion in many fan's minds.
The insult of a 12,000 stadium is just taking the pee. What planet are these people on?
And there seems to be even more thoughts turning to taking back our club and starting again. A thorny subject for sure. But I've yet to see an alternative that doesn't involve years of torture with Sisu.

italiahorse

There's about 5 similar threads on this every day.

People who post a new thread when a perfectly good one is already available are quite simply attention seeking, on an internet forum of all places. I find it very weird.

I think this happens when a thread is taken off the track of the OP thoughts.

A bit like you and me on this one !!!

Sterling Archer

I think this happens when a thread is taken off the track of the OP thoughts.

A bit like you and me on this one !!!

Maybe we should go the whole way and completely derail it? It would at least salvage the thread.

Roland Nilsson = most underrated player we've had in the last 20 years. Discuss.

Sterling Archer

Yeah it still grates me to this day that we sacked him as early as we did.

Should he have done a better job with the squad at his disposal? Probably, but it was the guys first year in management.

Did results take a down turn when we got Jim Smith in to help him? Absolutely.

lordsummerisle

Should he have done a better job with the squad at his disposal? Probably, but it was the guys first year in management.

Jom Smith bringing in Carbonari? and Trollope as well.

Fucksake.

Think I'm going to start a thread saying just how upset I am about the whole thing.

Something like, "Boo, hoo, cry, cry, never be the same again, never go back, boo hoo, cry cry, pity me, pity me" should do the trick.

Grendel

He was doing pretty well and we were in top 6 pretty much all season up to the last two months. The..Jim smith arrived and screwed it up. The gems he bought with him, Trollope and the argentine donkey whose name escaped me made even some of thorns dross look half average.

Still the best season out of the premiership.

Sterling Archer

I don't know whether nostalgia is skewing my opinion here but David Thompson (as I remember) was a world apart from anyone else that season. Unbelievably too good for that level at the time.

Jom Smith bringing in Carbonari? and Trollope as well.

Fucksake.

Think I'm going to start a thread saying just how upset I am about the whole thing.

Something like, "Boo, hoo, cry, cry, never be the same again, never go back, boo hoo, cry cry, pity me, pity me" should do the trick.

I want an analogy to a real life, genuinely upsetting point in your life to be included in this post please. Words like "death", "divorce" and "tears" all help.

Maybe make a new thread?

lordsummerisle

I don't know whether nostalgia is skewing my opinion here but David Thompson (as I remember) was a world apart from anyone else that season. Unbelievably too good for that level at the time.

I want an analogy to a real life, genuinely upsetting point in your life to be included in this post please. Words like "death", "divorce" and "tears" all help.

Maybe make a new thread?

Thompson scored some insane goals that season, though do think that some should have been accompanied by circus clown music.

wingy

Maybe make a new thread?

You forgot MOVING HOUSE
Quite traumatic and pertinent

Users who are viewing this thread