How does this work (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

We have not submitted our books. As we don't have a budget agrreed yet from the owners. Hence we cant get a transfer embargo lifted. Yet we can offer cranie and Keogh contracts. I don't really understand it. If they turn round tomorrow and say yes. How do we know we can afford their contracts for the next couple of years. Why would they sign them if we may go into admin in a few months and they could go to more financially secure clubs instead.

It just foes not make sense to me how we know what we can afford to offer them without a budget

Brighton Sky Blue

They are almost certainly token gestures to give an outward appearance of ambition. It seems more likely that Keogh will be sold to the highest bidder and Cranie will walk for nothing.

pb2875

IMO, I think things are further ahead re takeover than everyone has been led to believe.

These two players will have been told exactly what is happening and have a greater understanding of what is ACTUALLY happening otherwise neither of them would even entertain discussions re any form of contract extension.

For what its worth, the Chinese team have been working behind the scenes for 3 months so I would imagine something is imminent. (The club have signed off on full pitch renovations at the Academy, which last year was only some seed, but this year vertidraining etc has been ordered for the academy).

Nonleagueherewecome

IMO, I think things are further ahead re takeover than everyone has been led to believe.

These two players will have been told exactly what is happening and have a greater understanding of what is ACTUALLY happening otherwise neither of them would even entertain discussions re any form of contract extension.

For what its worth, the Chinese team have been working behind the scenes for 3 months so I would imagine something is imminent. (The club have signed off on full pitch renovations at the Academy, which last year was only some seed, but this year vertidraining etc has been ordered for the academy).

I wish I could share your optimism pb, but then I guess you are basing your opinion on knowledge I don't have. Can you elaborate at all on what the "Chinese team" have been up to? So far, we only know that there is a rich Chinese man who might potentially possibly be a "good fit" for the club, and Gary Hoffman certainly would like him to make a bid. The only other evidence we have that he has any intention of doing that is a mobile phone conversation during which Joe Elliott might have used the word "Chinese" (or he might have been ordering dinner..) overheard in Kenilworth by Kduffy, which is possibly more likely to be Forum Satire at its finest rather than anything...y'know, real. Plus Joe's confusing ramblings about "better in than out" and co-investment.

So. To sum up, if you can add any more meat to these rather bare bones (and a hell of a lot hot air), I and many others would be eternally grateful.

dongonzalos

I wish I could share your optimism pb, but then I guess you are basing your opinion on knowledge I don't have. Can you elaborate at all on what the "Chinese team" have been up to? So far, we only know that there is a rich Chinese man who might potentially possibly be a "good fit" for the club, and Gary Hoffman certainly would like him to make a bid. The only other evidence we have that he has any intention of doing that is a mobile phone conversation during which Joe Elliott might have used the word "Chinese" (or he might have been ordering dinner..) overheard in Kenilworth by Kduffy, which is possibly more likely to be Forum Satire at its finest rather than anything...y'know, real. Plus Joe's confusing ramblings about "better in than out" and co-investment.

So. To sum up, if you can add any more meat to these rather bare bones (and a hell of a lot hot air), I and many others would be eternally grateful.

Duffy if he is not on a wind up could have actually overhead JE chat with CET when he was telling them he was invited back for talks with SISU. As i think that article makes mention of the Chinese deal

pb2875

I work at the Academy and can only pass on what I know.

The Chinese were introduced 3 months ago and have been talking to "the club", about what I don't really know and don't want to surmise.

As an academy we have been working towards Category 2 of the EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan) but have been asked how long would we need to get Category 1 (details of different categories here http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/youth/elite-player-performance-plan.html).

This would cost a fortune to implement and subsequently maintain and the financial implications mean heavy investment. Can SISU provide this investment and commitment, I don't know. But the Chinese connections and the funding they have made in China into youth football leads me to think this is no pie in the sky gossip and has some substance.

Sorry it's not much, but hopefully it allays a few concerns about the future.

Nonleagueherewecome

I work at the Academy and can only pass on what I know.

The Chinese were introduced 3 months ago and have been talking to "the club", about what I don't really know and don't want to surmise.

As an academy we have been working towards Category 2 of the EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan) but have been asked how long would we need to get Category 1 (details of different categories here http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/youth/elite-player-performance-plan.html).

This would cost a fortune to implement and subsequently maintain and the financial implications mean heavy investment. Can SISU provide this investment and commitment, I don't know. But the Chinese connections and the funding they have made in China into youth football leads me to think this is no pie in the sky gossip and has some substance.

Sorry it's not much, but hopefully it allays a few concerns about the future.

It helps a bit, and you seem totally genuine. I'd take a stab at you being Mark Noon, but I thought he still lived in Leam! Talking of which-it'd be nice to make more of the links with Nuneaton: they are playing at a very high level next season, would be ideal for a loan spell for our youngsters-although unless something good happens soon, I do realise that they are our first team!

mark82

That's quite interesting information which gives me a little hope. Due to the specifics in the posts I trust it (why would you make stuff up about the drainage on the academy training pitch?). Just hope something happens quickly.

Maybe SISUs announcement today?

wingy

AFfraid its just more ,theres nothing sinister in ARVO,everythings normal,Sisu own us and continue to fund £500k. PM losses and are pursuing the deal which critical to signing off accounts ,to get out of EMBARGO ,basically hurry up Council .Due dilligence has started ,Mutton still has'nt seen a detailed plan for funding of a.Team...b.Land and hotel /Leisure complex...c.stadium . Finally the Higgs stake would take around seven weeks to fulfill.

skyblu3sk

“Sisu is a privately owned company
that invests in a variety of
projects and organisations using
various legally approved and regulated
entities in different parts of the
world.
“Sisu is both an owner of, and
creditor to, Coventry City FC and, in
line with any other creditor, Sisu has
taken appropriate and necessary
steps to protect its interests over the