How does this end? (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Following the confirmation yesterday by Fisher that (a) SISU will not invest in the club and (b) they have no intention of selling as they will simply cut their cloth to break even whatever level we end up at, we need to think of some scenarios to change this seemingly inevitable drift of a once proud club into non-league obscurity.

The following appear to be the only potential alternatives to the slow death of the club:

Sale - SISU get an offer they can't refuse and sell up. Although possible this seems unlikely as we have no assets and are therefore not an attractive investment proposition.

Liquidation - SISU decide to end the club more quickly than envisaged. Would allow a new club to emerge but at a very low level. This might be preferable to the status quo as we'd be shot of SISU a lot quicker and the end destination is probably the same.

Third party interference - the FA and the Football League step in to remove SISU as owners on the grounds that they are bringing the game into disrepute and are unfit owners. I know they have refused to get involved before but I think our case study is now the bleakest of any club in the Football League considering where the club has fallen from. I think our most realistic bet is to move heaven and earth to get the FA and Football League to intervene. It may take years but it might be the only way the club doesn't end up playing in the Midland Combined Premier Division (or whatever it's called) against the likes of Hinckley, Rugby and Leamington at this rate. We should all write to the FA and Football League and the Minister of Sport.

ccfcway

I think Wimbledon was bleaker than ours. No one will get involved and why would they. The owners are running a break even club, which ironically would suit FL down to the ground, as it promotes sensible business practices.

Nick

Administrator
I don't get why the break even stuff is big news? I've said for months now if crowds go down, they will just cut the budget to suit so it balances the books.

The football league can't do anything because the owners won't plough money in.

Nick

Administrator
I think Wimbledon was bleaker than ours. No one will get involved and why would they. The owners are running a break even club, which ironically would suit FL down to the ground, as it promotes sensible business practices.
Exactly!

They can't force owners to put money in the club can generate or pay back.

The only way is out and out criminality.

Bob Latchford

Following the confirmation yesterday by Fisher that (a) SISU will not invest in the club and (b) they have no intention of selling as they will simply cut their cloth to break even whatever level we end up at, we need to think of some scenarios to change this seemingly inevitable drift of a once proud club into non-league obscurity.

The following appear to be the only potential alternatives to the slow death of the club:

Sale - SISU get an offer they can't refuse and sell up. Although possible this seems unlikely as we have no assets and are therefore not an attractive investment proposition.

Liquidation - SISU decide to end the club more quickly than envisaged. Would allow a new club to emerge but at a very low level. This might be preferable to the status quo as we'd be shot of SISU a lot quicker and the end destination is probably the same.

Third party interference - the FA and the Football League step in to remove SISU as owners on the grounds that they are bringing the game into disrepute and are unfit owners. I know they have refused to get involved before but I think our case study is now the bleakest of any club in the Football League considering where the club has fallen from. I think our most realistic bet is to move heaven and earth to get the FA and Football League to intervene. It may take years but it might be the only way the club doesn't end up playing in the Midland Combined Premier Division (or whatever it's called) against the likes of Hinckley, Rugby and Leamington at this rate. We should all write to the FA and Football League and the Minister of Sport.

Would it be possible for the Council to buy sisu out , merge with Wasps and, everyone moves on ?

ccfcway

Its a bit odd, there's virtually nothing Fisher said in either radio appearance yesterday that he hasn't said before or that hasn't been known for ages but suddenly people are furious like he's dropped a bombshell.

To be fair, he has never been as clear that the owners have little interest in the club or its league position. He has also never turned on the customers (fans) in the way he did yesterday.

It's the hope that kills you, but it appears fisher killed that hope for many yesterday.

rondog1973

Didn't hear all of yesterdays phone in. Was he asked about the new stadium site nonsense in light of confirmation of no further investment?

clint van damme

why would you liquidate something that's just turned a profit? Ridiculous idea any way.

Why would the FA and football league get involved? They've introduced financial fair play rules to protect against reckless spending, why would they sanction owners that run a tight ship.

The fact the club is going nowhere with owners who couldn't give a flying fuck about it is of absolutely no consequence to the footballing authorities.

torchomatic

Would it be possible for the Council to buy sisu out , merge with Wasps and, everyone moves on ?

Yeah, great idea. Let's jump from the frying pan into the fire with another hedge fund. :finger:

Samo

Its a bit odd, there's virtually nothing Fisher said in either radio appearance yesterday that he hasn't said before or that hasn't been known for ages but suddenly people are furious like he's dropped a bombshell.

I think that's because everyone had worked themselves up into a lather about takeovers and were expecting 'Happy Xmas City Fans...help is on it's way!' Instead they got the same old bollocks but it just sounded even more hollow than usual because of the rumors.

Bob Latchford

Fuck sake Bob, you come out with some corkers sometimes, but this takes the biscuit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Is that a no from you then ?

covmark

Is that a no from you then ?
You want the council to buy the club and then just hand it over to wasps. I'm sure the Coventry taxpayers would be over the moon with that. Would never happen and could never happen.

Bob Latchford

You want the council to buy the club and then just hand it over to wasps. I'm sure the Coventry taxpayers would be over the moon with that. Would never happen and could never happen.

No ! I was thinking of the council owning CCFC and going into partnership with Wasps . has to be better than sisu surely ?

covmark

No ! I was thinking of the council owning CCFC and going into partnership with Wasps . has to be better than sisu surely ?
So at a time of massive council cuts, they'll just find the money to buy a football club. Like I say, the taxpayers would be over the moon.
What makes you think wasps would want to merge with the football club?
Why would we want to be merged with another club owned by another hedge fund?

Bob Latchford

So at a time of massive council cuts, they'll just find the money to buy a football club. Like I say, the taxpayers would be over the moon.
What makes you think wasps would want to merge with the football club?
Why would we want to be merged with another club owned by another hedge fund?

Just asking a question . it may be possible , it may not . but ,I do know one thing - sisu isn't the future for CCFC.

covmark

Just asking a question . it may be possible , it may not . but ,I do know one thing - sisu isn't the future for CCFC.
I think we all agree on your last sentence.
The council have screwed the club for years, what makes you think they'd save us now? The franchise have issues of their own to deal with, what makes you think they'd save us?
Sisu need to fuck off sharpish, but the council and wasps aren't the answer.

Bob Latchford

I think we all agree on your last sentence.
The council have screwed the club for years, what makes you think they'd save us now? The franchise have issues of their own to deal with, what makes you think they'd save us?
Sisu need to fuck off sharpish, but the council and wasps aren't the answer.

What do you think the answer is then ?

covmark

What do you think the answer is then ?
We need Sisu to get real with their asking price and someone to come in and takeover. Preferably someone extremely rich and someone who hasn't previously been involved in this constant fuck up. Is it too much to ask? Probably.

Kingokings204

How does this end?

It ends one of two ways for me, it ends with with new owners or ends with us going bust. Fisher said so himself yesterday. I just hope it's the former.

rupert_bear

If there are interested parties out there as this'll Malaka bloke says there could be the time is right for them to make themselves known I think

torchomatic

Sky Blue Harry H

I want to support my team, but I want to protect / save my club more. Even if crowds got back up to 15k, now that TF has confirmed the current profit making model still leading to probable players leaving (I'm guessing he meant those of value, not just our unwanted gang), then what leads us to believe any extra revenue would not be diverted back into shareholder's pockets. He says about ensuring every penny ends up on the pitch,b ut how does that equate to us making a circa £500k-£1M profit?
The man is an accomplished speaker (if patronising), but the more he speaks, the more inconsistencies reveal themselves, and he clearly has little care for the fanbase. If he ran a shop and customers complained about the quality of the goods, he would just buy a smaller shop and sell less of the same goods?!?! Go figure.

Captain Dart

No it doesn't, if you have any more ideas just write them down, we'll contact you.

Grendel

The break even story is not the issue. Some clubs run at a profit in this league.

The issue is there is no funding source to balance cash flow. The club has to self fund and has to have available cash to pay all outgoings.

I don't actually know how it's managing to do it.

chiefdave

Pretty clear how it ends. The club will continue to drop until we reach a level where the income is sufficient to support the level we have reached. Realistically, if nothing changes with regards to stadium ownership and / or revenue access, that could very well mean dropping out of the league.

Fergusons_Beard

Pretty clear how it ends. The club will continue to drop until we reach a level where the income is sufficient to support the level we have reached. Realistically, if nothing changes with regards to stadium ownership and / or revenue access, that could very well mean dropping out of the league.

Finally someone talking sense on here!!

Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread