How difficult is it....... (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Very on a Friday night when you dont finish work till 5pm.

RoboCCFC90

I agree with the sentiment Scottie, there has been a very over dramatic reaction from fans regarding this move.

shmmeee

To be honest I'm not happy.

I watched us at the Emirates in a suit because I had to leave straight from work and go there.

I'm working closer now, but on a Friday night, not having the luxury of turning it into a relaxed day in London does make the trip far more of a ball ache.

But to be honest, the trip is the last thing I remember about the day last season.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think it's difficult, just a pain if people are working they need to book time off or rush like mad.

aodea

yeah any hope of this for me is gone now. Was planning a day drip on saturday over in morning and back in the evening as have to be in ireland on friday for work and sunday for family nonsense. Just no way i can make it now and am raging.

SkyBlueHomer

I really cannot understand what peoples problem is with the game being moved. Accepted its not as easy as 3pm Saturday.
We sold out Old Trafford a few years for a mid week game, this time its a Friday which means if you dont have work on Saturday it wont matter if we get back late, makes it easier.
Some companies still do half days Friday, like me if not book a day off.

If we were still in the top flight our fixtures and kick off times would be all over the place, the fact we have been shit for many years and nobody wanted to see us on the TV people seem to have forgotten TV plays a major part in fixtures these days.

If people want to go we will sell 8,000 or however many we get

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

yeah any hope of this for me is gone now. Was planning a day drip on saturday over in morning and back in the evening as have to be in ireland on friday for work and sunday for family nonsense. Just no way i can make it now and am raging.

I don't know why you're raging? According to your "best away game left" thread yesterday, you couldn't make Arsenal anyway.......

As for a Friday night fixture.....I agree with Scottie.....the level of moaning is a ridiculous over-reaction.....there have been many FA cup fixtures over the years, including Semi finals etc. that have been re-arranged at way more inconvenience than this.....as someone else pointed out, we have plenty of mid-week league & tin-pot cup fixtures...but they don't happen to be glory ties do they.....

torchomatic

Well, finish early or watch it on the tele. Happens to fans from every club all over the country every week. That's modern football for you.

Maybe it's a SISU conspiracy?

Very on a Friday night when you dont finish work till 5pm.

aodea

I don't know why you're raging? According to your "best away game left" thread yesterday, you couldn't make Arsenal anyway.......

As for a Friday night fixture.....I agree with Scottie.....the level of moaning is a ridiculous over-reaction.....there have been many FA cup fixtures over the years, including Semi finals etc. that have been re-arranged at way more inconvenience than this.....as someone else pointed out, we have plenty of mid-week league & tin-pot cup fixtures...but they don't happen to be glory ties do they.....

Could not make a weekend away with the missus cause of family thing on the sunday, may have been able to do day trip on Sat. Anyway will watch it on the tv which is still a win as its rare Coventry are even on the tv these days.(although think this is 4th time this year) I still think Coventry will bring massive crowd would just like to have gone if i could is all.

torchomatic

You won't. A lot will travel by car or coach.

Anyway, because it's so difficult to get there now there'll hardly be a Sky Blue scarf in the place.

last train 11.30pm

how you going to get 5000 on that?

fernandopartridge

To be honest I'm not happy.

I watched us at the Emirates in a suit because I had to leave straight from work and go there.

I'm working closer now, but on a Friday night, not having the luxury of turning it into a relaxed day in London does make the trip far more of a ball ache.

But to be honest, the trip is the last thing I remember about the day last season.

Aren't you a school teacher? You knock off about 3pm you lot....

jesus-wept

I agree with the sentiment Scottie, there has been a very over dramatic reaction from fans regarding this move.
My daughter got free tickets for that daft Celebrity Big Brother farce last Friday finshed work at 3 set off by car 4.30 and was parked up and at Elstree Studios Boreham Wood by 6.30, Arsenal is North London just down the road from there

torchomatic

You must be mistaken. I'd imagine she is still stuck on the M25.

My daughter got free tickets for that daft Celebrity Big Brother farce last Friday finshed work at 3 set off by car 4.30 and was parked up and at Elstree Studios Boreham Wood by 6.30, Arsenal is North London just down the road from there

RoboCCFC90

It wouldn't take much I asked for a half day and my boss offered me to take two days off and make a long weekend of it. I know I am lucky and others won't be, but that's the way it is and I am sure it would have been the same on the Saturday as well.

RFC

Absolute nightmare on a Friday and as I'm working won't even try and attempt it! PUSB

chiefdave

Are those driving planning to drive thinking of going right to the stadium? If so you're probably better off (cheaper and quicker) finding the furthest out tube with a car park. If you're coming down the M1 try Barnet (40 mins by tube) or for M40 Hillingdon (1 hour by tube). If you're feeling brave you can go M1 then about 10 miles round the M25 and park at Cockfosters that's only about 20 mins by tube with no changes.

Seyeclops666

It is just over an hour to get to Euston from Coventry and you can be at the Emirates in 20 mins from Euston (Victoria line to Finsbury park and then either walk from there or get Piccadilly line to Arsenal Station and walk from there). Hour and half tops !!

Hobo

Friday night travel will be difficult if not impossible for some. But that is life. It's the young kids I feel sorry for who might have to miss their first opportunity to visit a club like Arsenal.

I won't be travelling now due to work commitments. So my NOPM stays intact and I'll watch it on telly. Still think we will have a good following though.

glancy89

Guys the 5:11 train from Cov arrives 1hr 4 mins later for £15 there and £7.50 return there is also one at 5:20ish and 5:40ish all will get there in time. People just love a moan if you want to go then go if you dont then dont (and give it a rest)!!! By the way pub on friday sounds a good option with a trip on Tuesday to Leyton Orient with a better chance of a result will be my option!

Monners

Arsenal is probably the easiest ground to get to in London if travelling by train from Cov, or Northampton in my case (same difference really - oops!). Driving not too bad if you park at an outer tube station (Cockfoster, Arnos Grove, Golders Green, Stanmore etc). Work commitments kill it for some of course (missed Man Utd in League Cup myself because of this).

Elstree is at the end of the M1. Try the M25 after 4pm on a Friday it's gridlock, I know from experience when I used to do the journey daily.

skybluejelly

Got to agree go up and down to London regularly in the evenings .. Your more likely to get held up on the m1 than the London itself .. Most people are leaving London Friday nights not going in...it's also pretty easy to park the Essex road side of islington with no restrictions after 6:30 ..then about 20 minutes walk

Astute

It is easy to do London for a night game if you live in Coventry. It seems like about half of us live outside Coventry though. Most of us are still close to Coventry, but many of us are still miles away. When we played there last season I didn't get home until nearly 3am IIRC. I am over 4 hours past Coventry.

SkyBlueScottie

Let's be clear about it.Most of the massive reaction has been caused by the fact that people have not gone to see the team play too many times this year ( no need to discuss the reasons its all been done elsewhere) and thought that they could get a "nice" day out of it. I think this actually helps us as some of Tue daytrippers can turn out to be the biggest whiners at the game. Where as Friday night kick off will see some of those not attend and create an even more positive atmosphere for our team.

Users who are viewing this thread